San Francisco Archbishop: Nancy Pelosi to be Denied Communion Because She Supports Abortion Rights

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

San Francisco Archbishop: Nancy Pelosi to be Denied Communion Because She Supports Abortion Rights​

The edict from Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone, one of the country's most conservative Catholic leaders, represents an extraordinary rebuke of Pelosi's Catholic faith
By Felicia Sonmez and Mike DeBonis, Washington Post
May 20, 2022 — 6:05pm
"The Most Rev. Salvatore J. Cordileone, the Catholic archbishop in San Francisco, said Friday that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., will be denied the sacrament of Holy Communion because of her vocal support for abortion rights.
The edict from Cordileone, one of the country's most conservative Catholic leaders, represents an extraordinary rebuke of Pelosi's Catholic faith, which the 82-year-old speaker frequently invokes when discussing her family, her policies and her politics."

More
https://www.startribune.com/san-fra...cause-she-supports-abortion-rights/600175180/

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Jojo4124

I had asked my RCC dad about why these ppl werent being excomm'd a while ago n he, of course, defended the Pope allowing them to take communion. ? But my strict RCC parents celebrate my one brother in his homosexual relationship too. Yet, when I got married outside of the RCC, that was anathema. Another example of what happens when you dont accept Jesus n read the Bible, sadly. I mean, I still love my kids when they sin, even if they chose that lifestyle. But I dont think we should celebrate it, but expose the works of darkness with love...

NewWine2020

I had asked my RCC dad about why these ppl werent being excomm'd a while ago n he, of course, defended the Pope allowing them to take communion. ? But my strict RCC parents celebrate my one brother in his homosexual relationship too. Yet, when I got married outside of the RCC, that was anathema. Another example of what happens when you dont accept Jesus n read the Bible, sadly. I mean, I still love my kids when they sin, even if they chose that lifestyle. But I dont think we should celebrate it, but expose the works of darkness with love...

I'm sure there are many actual accidental Christians among the Roman Catholics just like I know a couple people who think they are "Mormon" but believe the important things; "Jesus is the Son of God and that salvation comes ONLY thru Christ's grace and not works") but for the most part, I think Roman Catholicism is a cult that appeals to people who enjoy the religious imagery/pageantry and theater of it.

I know we have our issues with the Roman Catholic faith but at least this is a step in the right direction; one thing even the Catholics can agree with all other true Christians on is that abortion simply to avoid the consequences of sin is flat out murder. In the cases of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest I believe it's none of our business and is truly only between the woman in question and God almighty.

Footsteps

I think it would only be fair to note that the RCC has not tried to exclude Nancy from all catholic ceremonies. They have long been in favor of performing the Rites of Exorcism at her home provided she is chained to the floor and allows a large group of Ghostbusters, shamans, hexers, and others experienced in spiritual warfare to be in attendance if needed.
She must also sign a hold harmless form and a release of liability in the event the procedure results in damage to her mansion or a cracked fingernail.

Footsteps

You forgot the holy water. You got to have that special holy water and have the priest sprinkle everything with it. Of course I meant this ingest the holy water is nothing but Zephyrhills.
I appreciate the technical assistance. My only experience with exorcism was watching Linda Blair fight with Max von Sydow in the original film.
What scares me is that when Max slung the “real” holy water on Linda, a strip of her face peeled off. I suspect that Nancy would be so afraid that tap water might be real, her nose might fly out of the window if a drop hit her in the face. In her case the legal liability paperwork is absolutely necessary because she has shown herself capable of committing a cardinal sin related to stretching the truth. The whole purpose of the exorcism would be to reveal that she was so averse to the truth that, for instance, she may scream an admission that she got rich through insider trading. Her nose flying out of a window would be a bonus.

RonJohnSilver

Sad to me that many in the Roman church view abortion support as a salvation issue. It's wrong, certainly, but having an abortion or supporting those who do or voting for it or donating to it or supporting it in any way does not send a person to Hell. Only rejecting Jesus does that. I'm fearful that many people will believe the 'right' and moral things but will still wind up in Hell.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I was listening to Nancy Pelosi on an interview show, and she calls herself a devout Catholic woman. One thing I will say positive about RCC is they are not for abortion. If she is devout then why doesn't she agree with their stance on abortion(against it). God is not for murder but for life. She also called Trump a creature he is not a creature. He is a created human being.

Jojo4124

I'm sure there are many actual accidental Christians among the Roman Catholics just like I know a couple people who think they are "Mormon" but believe the important things; "Jesus is the Son of God and that salvation comes ONLY thru Christ's grace and not works") but for the most part, I think Roman Catholicism is a cult that appeals to people who enjoy the religious imagery/pageantry and theater of it.

I know we have our issues with the Roman Catholic faith but at least this is a step in the right direction; one thing even the Catholics can agree with all other true Christians on is that abortion simply to avoid the consequences of sin is flat out murder. In the cases of pregnancy resulting from rape or incest I believe it's none of our business and is truly only between the woman in question and God almighty.
Yes, I learned the Lord's prayer, and loved God, and loved feeling close to Him in church with the stained glass windows. There are many RCC ppl who are saved, and even charasmatic Catholics. The RCC does have a lot of truth in it, but also a lot of deception.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Well, if she's a Parishioner somewhere, maybe it's time for her Priest/Pastor to get involved.