Salvation NOW!

Brother Albert R.

I was talking to my 84 year old Mormon friend the other day at work and asked him if he knew he was saved, his response was typical but it still surprised me. He said that we could not know if we will end up in heaven until we come before God and are judged. I shared with him that we can know that we are saved because Christ is the door and that Jesus said that anyone who enters through Him will be saved. My Mormon friend responded that we should do all we can and then Christ makes up the rest. I shared with him that it is all Christ, for by grace we are saved through faith and not by works...it is 100% Christs finished work on the cross, our ONLY part is to respond to the salvation God has provided for us through His Son by repenting, trusting and following Him.
Here are some verses below that show we have salvation RIGHT NOW,...
How many more verses can you add to the list below that shows we are currently saved...help me out all you bible buffs.
God bless,
Brother ALbert
PS I also believe that this list will help in reassuring those of us who might have doubts, once in a while, about their current state of salvation.

Ephesians 1:13
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

John 3:36 Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.

John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God

Acts 15:11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Acts 16:31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Rom. 5:8-10 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Rom. 10:9-13 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

1Cor. 15:1-4 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Ephesians 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

Ephsians 2:13, 19-20 13But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
19 Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, 20 built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone.

Colossians 2:13-15 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Hebrews 10:39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.

Last edited:

Brother Albert R.

I was talking to my 84 year old Mormon friend the other day at work and asked him if he knew he was saved, his response was typical but it still surprised me. He said that we could not know if we will end up in heaven until we come before God and are judged. I shared with him that we can know that we are saved because Christ is the door and that Jesus said that anyone who enters through Him will be saved. My Mormon friend responded that we should do all we can and then Christ makes up the rest. I shared with him that it is all Christ, for by grace we are saved through faith and not by works...it is 100% Christs finished work on the cross, our ONLY part is to respond to the salvation God has provided for us through His Son by repenting, trusting and following Him.
Here are some verses below that show we have salvation RIGHT NOW,...
How many more verses can you add to the list below that shows we are currently saved...help me out all you bible buffs.
God bless,
Brother ALbert

Ephesians 1:13
And you also were included in Christ when you heard the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation. When you believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit,

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

Acts 15:11 No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”

Acts 16:31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”

Rom. 5:8-10 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Rom. 10:9-13 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved. 11 As Scripture says, “Anyone who believes in him will never be put to shame.” 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

1Cor. 15:1-4 Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

2 Corinthians 6:2 For he says, “In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you.” I tell you, now is the time of God’s favor, now is the day of salvation.

Ephesians 2:4-5 But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy,made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved.

Ephesians 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God

Colossians 2:13-15 When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, 14 having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. 15 And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross.

Hebrews 10:39 But we do not belong to those who shrink back and are destroyed, but to those who have faith and are saved.

1 John 5:13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
Any takers?

Jeff K

Albert, I was thinking about you the other day and was wondering if you were making any headway with the Mormon friend I think it was that you worked with. Nice work with continuing to share the truth with the lost.

You compiled a great list of verses! Here are a few that I came up with this morning.

Romans 4:4-5 (answer to your friends works belief)
Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace, but as a debt. But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

John 3:18
He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 5:24
Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My words and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgement, but has passed out from death into life.

Romans 5:1
Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Romans 8:11
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.

Romans 8:16-17
The Spirit of Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs - heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.

Great things to think about - How to engage others with the Word of God! My prayer for you, Albert, is that God would continue to give you a burden for the lost, that He would fill you with His wisdom and that the eyes of the blind would see.

Brother Albert R.

Great things to think about - How to engage others with the Word of God! My prayer for you, Albert, is that God would continue to give you a burden for the lost, that He would fill you with His wisdom and that the eyes of the blind would see.
Thank you BrotherJeff,
I am also a Buckeye...although I live in California now I will always consider myself an Ohioan. I grew up in Lorain and at the age of 15 God shared His manna with me by having Christian brothers share the gospel of grace with me. What I am doing today with those hungry souls around me is share this Life giving manna so that they may taste and see that the Lord is good. The verses you provided I will share with my Mormon friend and pray that The Lord will bring him to know Who He Is.
God bless you Jeff
and thank you again...it is always good to have a list of these verses on hand to share with the lost...
Brother ALbert
PS as far as making any headway...I believe so. I heard a pastor say the other day on the radio that God does the saving but we do the sharing. My Mormon friend enjoys our weekly conversations, and as long as the Lord has him dialog with me, I will continue to water the seeds that I have planted. By the way, he tells me that I am the only one who has talked to him about the bible...WOW, 84 years old and now only hearing the gospel. But Gods timing is perfect...

Ezekiel 22:30 “I looked for someone among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found no one.

...we need to be that one... :prophet...Otherwise God will have to do it all...

Isaiah 63:5 I looked, but there was no one to help, I was appalled that no one gave support; so my own arm achieved salvation for me, and my own wrath sustained me.

Last edited: