Saints, Get Ready!!

araj54

While I suspect this post may not sit well with folks anxiously anticipating the rapture every day, and I'm not saying it couldn't be today, but we have become somewhat careless at times with our newspaper exegeses and forgetting God has a timeline set in scripture, even if we cannot conclusively prove what that timeline maybe we can narrow it down.

As we see the nations coming together that are involved in the Psalms 83/Isaiah 17 and the first Gog Magog war we all seem to understand these events are on the horizon. But these events do not necessarily mean the rapture will take place really soon. According to Arnold Fruchtenbaum and others, the Gog Magog event will happen at least 3 1/2 years before the start of the tribulation, thus allowing for the 7 years of burning weapons and cleanup. At the midpoint of the trib when the Jews flee to Petra there will be no time for any cleanup after that.

What I see happening now in many places around the world is the separating, fleeing if you will, of Christians and others who don't tow the terrorist line. I honestly believe this is happening by God's design, so when the hammer does come down, whether by military power or God's those folks will be protected.

I believe after these events, and especially after the Gog Magog battle,if indeed we are still here, the majority of the world is going to finally notice that something Major has taken place, and many who were disinterested before will be seeking answers. Even the naysayers in the ecumenical movement who are now denying prophecy will no longer be able to deny what has happened. If this scenario does play out like this we need to be ready to answer the call, because I believe the witnessing opportunities will be greater than ever.

I didn't post this piece to get into a long drawn out discussion of what anyone thinks the timing of anything may be, but to encourage everyone to seek God and His will like never before. We may have some hard times coming ahead, but I believe we may also have some of the most powerfully rewarding times of our lives if we will only heed His call, and may we all do so, for His purpose and glory.

Heistheway

Good points. When last night, I got a dyed-in-the-wool catholic to listen to what is happening today, and why .....I knew this too was an indication time is short.

Micki

MARANATHA!!
I read Ezekiel 39 and I see something different, not what the majority sees. First I can see nothing which affirms the 7 years of burning weapons must be completed prior to the beginning of a the Millenial Kingdom.

Next there's Ezekiel 39:8 Behold, it comes, and it shall be done, says the Lord Yahweh; this is the day about which I have spoken.

The "day" of which The Lord prophesied is known as the day of The Lord, the time of Jacob's Trouble and the tribulation. If this war takes place during that day, then we won't be around to see it. The rapture will have already happened.

Ezekiel 39:7 My holy name will I make known in the midst of my people Israel; neither will I allow my holy name to be profaned any more: and the nations shall know that I am Yahweh, the Holy One in Israel.

This is not going to happen prior to the tribulation. Yisrael is going to put their trust in a seven year covenant with men which is going to anger Yahveh so much that it brings on His wrath, the time of Jacob's trouble. They don't trust Him now and won't until sometime in the tribulation.

The chapter talks about the people of Yisrael's cities going forth to gather and burn the weapons, the people of the land burying the dead of the nations and in verse 26 of this chapter, Yisrael dwelling securely in the land. They are never going to dwell securely until The Millenial Kingdom. We know Jabob's trouble is 7 years long, not 3 1/2, and it's doubtful, especially in today's climate, the people could go forth to gather bodies and especially weapons. This seems to be a time of peace, post tribulation if you will.

Over the centuries Yisrael's enemies destroyed most of its trees. Thanks to a lot of hard work trees have been and are continuing to be planted. If history should repeat itself the majority of their trees could once more be destroyed. Micah 7 looks like an end time prophecy to me, verse 13 speaks of the land being left desolate. If all their trees are once more destroyed, leaving the land desolate, they may need to burn the weapons for seven years to replace any needs that can't be met for lack of trees.

I don't know if I'm right or wrong, but I truly cannot find any evidence that the burning must finish prior to the Millennial Kingdom. The Bible predicts a 40 drought for Egypt so it's evident the climate will not yet be ecologically perfect, if the climate is not is it possible that the earth will not? In The Millennial Kingdom sin still exists. For unbelievers death and hell will be a reality. This will not yet be the perfect, Edenic world we know is coming. Maybe there'll be lots of work in the beginning for men, under the Kingship and direction of The Savior, to clean up the physical mess we made. Yeshua cleans up the spiritual mess! The Father is not making the earth His home at this time, sin still exists and I truly believe the healing of the earth and the scars of war and destruction will be dealt with during this time, but won't disappear completely until the earth is burned with fire.

Hopefully I made some sense here whether you agree with my idea's or not. You can call this wishful thinking but considering the confluence of prophetic events swirling all around us right now, with the birth pangs coming so frequently and in ever increasing intensity, I just can't believe we are at least 3 1/2 years from the rapture, if not longer.

UCT

I guess the post depends on your thought regarding the Rapture. Personally, I believe there is quite a bit of time between the Rapture and the beginning of the Trib, meaning the Rapture could happen any second without any thought given to when the Trib may begin. I have never, and will never, believe the signing of the Covenant is going to happen immediately after the Rapture.

If the world is in chaos after the Rapture, as many assume, it will not be solved in a matter of hours, days or months. The AC will come on the scene quickly, but even then, it will take time to get his message out to the world and for people to accept it and most importantly, for it to be implemented. The Rapture happening immediately before the Trib starts, in my opinion, is not only not biblical, but would absolutely not leave enough time for the AC to do his thing. When I say not biblical, I mean nowhere in the Bible does it state the confirming of the covenant happens immediately after the Rapture.

Things to consider -
One - If Babylon is going to be rebuilt into a world headquarters, it is going to take time. Abu Dhabi has taken the last 15 years to become what it has. That is with construction crews from all over the world over there working 24/7. Babylon will need to be fully rebuilt. Look at the current pictures on Google. It's in much worse shape than Abu Dhabi was in. The company I work for insures many of the construction crews over there. Unless there is divine intervention, Babylon is going to take some serious time to be rebuilt.
Two - The Trib not beginning immediately thereafter will give the atheists some room to make Christians out to be the bad guys once again, and give them ammo to use against those coming to Christ afterwards. Most atheists I know that have heard the term 'Rapture' falsely believe it is what sets off the start of the 7 year Trib. When the Tribulation doesn't begin, they, along with the AC, will use that to say "See, I told you so."
Three - While the AC will be the sharpest public speaker of all time, he is going to have to rise to prominence. It won't take long, but it isn't going to happen overnight.
Four - Once we depart, and the Holy Spirit is no longer indwelling folks, this world is going to be so sin-filled we cannot even begin to imagine it. For nations to begin killing their own people (Christians) in a full-on war against them, it is going to take time. It may only take months, but it is still going to take time.

My thoughts have always been there will be at least a two year period between the Rapture and the signing of the covenant, but as time goes on, I think it could be more much more. I think we will miss a lot more than we currently believe and my reasoning is below.

End Times | Rapture & Jewish Wedding

Most people only consider the ancient Jewish practice of the husband and wife spending 7 days alone in the wedding chamber (time of Jacobs Trouble). There is more though that people have not discussed, which is very very interesting. When the bride and groom where in the wedding chamber, the 7 day party doesn't begin until the marriage is consumated.
The bridegroom would take his bride to the wedding chamber where they would spend seven days. The bridegroom's friend would wait outside the door of the wedding chamber. When the marriage was consummated, the bridegroom would tell his friend through the door, and the friend would announce it to the assembled guests. The guests would celebrate for seven days until the bride and bridegroom emerged from the wedding chamber. At this time the groom would bring his wife out and introduce her to the community.
Now, many of us have been married. You don't immediately walk into the room and consumate the marriage. At least most don't. lol So, we have the time between the Rapture (wedding chamber) and the actual consumation (not sure what this will be) before the 7 day party begins. Anyway, to me, it's another clear sign we will be taken to the Lord and there will still be some time between being taken and the start of the 7 days. Food for thought and a great sign the Rapture is going to happen sooner than most believe.

moosejive

Interesting take on the Rapture and end times, UCT. There is a lot that has to happen after the Rapture, especially with building up the physical aspects of end times. As well as the political rise and conquering by the Antichrist. Really is a game of chess in the world today, all the players appear to be on the board awaiting movement into their final places....:((

livingskies

This is a very interesting thread. There is, truly, a lot that needs to take place, and in human time with real people as they think, act, plan.... Kind of like how Israel as a nation in 1948, who would have thought things would take this long until now... But things had to happen in real people in earth time. Things are completely lining up, but it doesn't seem possible to have things happen instantaneously as soon as we leave, that's for sure.

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
The burning of weapons for 7 years....

I've been trying to do some study lately on this to see if it's
possible or impossible for it to happen during the 7 year tribulation.

Here are some thoughts. I will make the disclaimer up front that these
are just random thoughts and I have not come to any hardline conclusion
yet.

1. Why does Jesus in Matt 24 tell only the Jews that are in Judea
to flee to the mountains?

Matthew 24:15-16

15 “Therefore when you see the abomination of desolation which was spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand), 16 then those who are in Judea must flee to the mountains.
Note that he doesn't tell the whole country of Israel to flee. :scratch:
Is it possible that there will be Jews who won't be on the run and are
in Israel. (Remember in the old testament, Israel and Judah was split.)
They are one now but I'm curious whether only those Jews occupying
what would have been the old southern kingdom will be on the run.
Some Jews will believe the AC is the messiah.

2. Is it possible that AC will be so busy pursuing the Jews in Judea
that the other Jews don't have to run. Or...AC is busy with trying
to get the rest of the world to take the mark. He will be a mighty
busy man with all that will be coming on near the half way mark of
the trib. The witnesses, the mark, the judgments of God...etc..

3. Is it possible that we just know how it can be done but it is possible
anyway. Maybe there's something we haven't thought of yet. :idunno:

Aneriz

While I suspect this post may not sit well with folks anxiously anticipating the rapture every day, and I'm not saying it couldn't be today, but we have become somewhat careless at times with our newspaper exegeses and forgetting God has a timeline set in scripture, even if we cannot conclusively prove what that timeline maybe we can narrow it down.

As we see the nations coming together that are involved in the Psalms 83/Isaiah 17 and the first Gog Magog war we all seem to understand these events are on the horizon. But these events do not necessarily mean the rapture will take place really soon. According to Arnold Fruchtenbaum and others, the Gog Magog event will happen at least 3 1/2 years before the start of the tribulation, thus allowing for the 7 years of burning weapons and cleanup. At the midpoint of the trib when the Jews flee to Petra there will be no time for any cleanup after that.

What I see happening now in many places around the world is the separating, fleeing if you will, of Christians and others who don't tow the terrorist line. I honestly believe this is happening by God's design, so when the hammer does come down, whether by military power or God's those folks will be protected.

I believe after these events, and especially after the Gog Magog battle,if indeed we are still here, the majority of the world is going to finally notice that something Major has taken place, and many who were disinterested before will be seeking answers. Even the naysayers in the ecumenical movement who are now denying prophecy will no longer be able to deny what has happened. If this scenario does play out like this we need to be ready to answer the call, because I believe the witnessing opportunities will be greater than ever.

I didn't post this piece to get into a long drawn out discussion of what anyone thinks the timing of anything may be, but to encourage everyone to seek God and His will like never before. We may have some hard times coming ahead, but I believe we may also have some of the most powerfully rewarding times of our lives if we will only heed His call, and may we all do so, for His purpose and glory.
I so agree with the heart behind this post.

I heard once that the believers with military background have a very clear understanding of something the rest of us have to learn: When you are given an order by the One Almighty you serve, you stick with the order until you complete the task or receive a different order.

As the church we have been given a very clear order: Go and preach the Gospel and make disciples! The prophecy unfolding should fill us with a sense of URGENCY for the lost. We should continue to obey until we receive a different order "Come up here".

None of us really knows how the end time pieces will fall in place. The late Mr. Kinsella used a beautiful picture when he said ( and it is paraphrase since I couldn't find the quote) prophecy is like the stars in the sky, from earth we can see them all, but we can't really tell which ones are closer to us.

Let's continue to discern the season and be ready to bring many to Christ as the time is near.

LivnForChrist

Jesus Christ is Lord
Things to consider -
One - If Babylon is going to be rebuilt into a world headquarters, it is going to take time. Abu Dhabi has taken the last 15 years to become what it has. That is with construction crews from all over the world over there working 24/7. Babylon will need to be fully rebuilt. Look at the current pictures on Google. It's in much worse shape than Abu Dhabi was in. The company I work for insures many of the construction crews over there. Unless there is divine intervention, Babylon is going to take some serious time to be rebuilt.
In my read through the bible in a year, I'm in Isaiah (doing a chronological read)
and just recently came across Isaiah 13: 17-22 which describes the fall of Babylon
and the prediction that it would never again be inhabited or lived in. I understand
that the Babylon of the endtimes will not be the original or in the original location.
Near there maybe so who knows how long it will take to build this new Babylon.

PS. I too agree with the heart of the warning in the OP. :thumbup

I do believe that there will be a small gap between the rapture and the tribulation.

[email protected]

Defender of the Faith
I believe the situation is similar to Jerusalem in 70AD.

The Christians (Messianic Jews) there had a chance to escape the judgement of God just before the Romans destroyed the city.

I think the Lord is driving out Christians in the ME today because He is preparing the region for judgement.

We could very well be on the verge of going home :nod

araj54

Concerning the gap between the rapture and the trib, the 490 year decree was cut short by 7 years because of Israel's rejection of the Messiah, correct? God then focused His attention to building the church. When the church is gone He will once again focus on Israel to complete the final 7 years of the 490 year decree. What am I missing that I don't see a gap? And what would the millions saved just after the rapture be call if the trib didn't start for a few years? They wouldn't be the church, nor would they be trib saints.
So many questions. :pray:

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+25 Be prepared!

Luke 18:8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Be faithful!

I refuse to be dissuaded from my Blessed Hope. It is imminent, whether or not I can see just exactly how God is going to work all the details of prophecy out or in what timetable He will do so! HE IS ABLE to bring prophecy to pass and He will do so just as He said He would. In His perfect timing, and unfettered by our thought processes in the matter!

So tell me this, when Jesus returns, will he find faith in you and me? I'm making it my daily mission here to be expecting Him any minute now, and I'm praying that He issues the clarion call to his bride right in the middle of one of my multiple daily prayers for Him to get me outta here, please LORD!

So here's a :hug for you Allen, even though I disagree.

livingskies

Concerning the gap between the rapture and the trib, the 490 year decree was cut short by 7 years because of Israel's rejection of the Messiah, correct? God then focused His attention to building the church. When the church is gone He will once again focus on Israel to complete the final 7 years of the 490 year decree. What am I missing that I don't see a gap? And what would the millions saved just after the rapture be call if the trib didn't start for a few years? They wouldn't be the church, nor would they be trib saints.
So many questions. :pray:
I can't say I am settled in my mind, and may never be. There are 3 quotations in the above posts I am chewing on but it is so hard to quote typing on my phone.

I do think the remaining 7 years is not tied to the church being here or gone so much as it is related to exactly what you said - Israel's rejection of her messiah. When the AC comes in his name they will accept him as the messiah (signing the agreement / "covenant" with him), restarting the final 7 years. Now this is what offends/greives God so deeply, is that he will have just revealed himself to Israel through these wars.

Specific timing, I don't know. I agree, persecution is coming slowly but surely. It is severe in many nations and it is trickling and leaking into our own at an alarming rate. But, with persecution comes a separation of the wheat and chaff, one is forced to choose sides. Spiritually speaking, persecution is not a terrible thing (but humanly speaking it certainly is).

I agree if we are here for the wars, what a tremendous witnessing opportunity.

I also agree that God is getting His people out of those nations. He is not sparing them from persecution, which is spiritually refining, but they will be spared his wrath most certainly as part of the bride.

Kem

Citizen
Can't say I agree with everything Fruchtenbaum says but his book is very helpful in many areas. One thing you said that I can heartily agree with is "to seek God and His will like never before" :nod

livingskies

I think a good prayer would be that our brothers and sisters would leave this inner circle.of countries destined for Psalm83/Is17, and shake the dust off their sandals as they leave.... May God put it in their hearts to pick up and go. May they place their faith in him and may he make a path for them and provide their needs - protection, shelter, food, water, clothing. :pray:

Barbasol

Luke 18:8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?" Be faithful!

I refuse to be dissuaded from my Blessed Hope. It is imminent, whether or not I can see just exactly how God is going to work all the details of prophecy out or in what timetable He will do so! HE IS ABLE to bring prophecy to pass and He will do so just as He said He would. In His perfect timing, and unfettered by our thought processes in the matter!

So tell me this, when Jesus returns, will he find faith in you and me? I'm making it my daily mission here to be expecting Him any minute now, and I'm praying that He issues the clarion call to his bride right in the middle of one of my multiple daily prayers for Him to get me outta here, please LORD!

These are my thoughts too Mary. I expect Him at any moment and that expectation really helps me in the days I have left here. I do think that once the Rapture happens these end time events we're talking about can all come into play very quickly.

I believe we are seeing players and forces being moved into position for worldwide chaos.If all the pieces are in position it will only take one big event to set them all in motion.

In the meantime I'm waiting. My Blessed Hope should be here any minute now.

:yeah::hyper::yeah::hyper::yeah:

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I read Ezekiel 39 and I see something different, not what the majority sees. First I can see nothing which affirms the 7 years of burning weapons must be completed prior to the beginning of a the Millenial Kingdom.

Next there's Ezekiel 39:8 Behold, it comes, and it shall be done, says the Lord Yahweh; this is the day about which I have spoken.

The "day" of which The Lord prophesied is known as the day of The Lord, the time of Jacob's Trouble and the tribulation. If this war takes place during that day, then we won't be around to see it. The rapture will have already happened.

Ezekiel 39:7 My holy name will I make known in the midst of my people Israel; neither will I allow my holy name to be profaned any more: and the nations shall know that I am Yahweh, the Holy One in Israel.

This is not going to happen prior to the tribulation. Yisrael is going to put their trust in a seven year covenant with men which is going to anger Yahveh so much that it brings on His wrath, the time of Jacob's trouble. They don't trust Him now and won't until sometime in the tribulation.

The chapter talks about the people of Yisrael's cities going forth to gather and burn the weapons, the people of the land burying the dead of the nations and in verse 26 of this chapter, Yisrael dwelling securely in the land. They are never going to dwell securely until The Millenial Kingdom. We know Jabob's trouble is 7 years long, not 3 1/2, and it's doubtful, especially in today's climate, the people could go forth to gather bodies and especially weapons. This seems to be a time of peace, post tribulation if you will.

Over the centuries Yisrael's enemies destroyed most of its trees. Thanks to a lot of hard work trees have been and are continuing to be planted. If history should repeat itself the majority of their trees could once more be destroyed. Micah 7 looks like an end time prophecy to me, verse 13 speaks of the land being left desolate. If all their trees are once more destroyed, leaving the land desolate, they may need to burn the weapons for seven years to replace any needs that can't be met for lack of trees.

I don't know if I'm right or wrong, but I truly cannot find any evidence that the burning must finish prior to the Millennial Kingdom. The Bible predicts a 40 drought for Egypt so it's evident the climate will not yet be ecologically perfect, if the climate is not is it possible that the earth will not? In The Millennial Kingdom sin still exists. For unbelievers death and hell will be a reality. This will not yet be the perfect, Edenic world we know is coming. Maybe there'll be lots of work in the beginning for men, under the Kingship and direction of The Savior, to clean up the physical mess we made. Yeshua cleans up the spiritual mess! The Father is not making the earth His home at this time, sin still exists and I truly believe the healing of the earth and the scars of war and destruction will be dealt with during this time, but won't disappear completely until the earth is burned with fire.

Hopefully I made some sense here whether you agree with my idea's or not. You can call this wishful thinking but considering the confluence of prophetic events swirling all around us right now, with the birth pangs coming so frequently and in ever increasing intensity, I just can't believe we are at least 3 1/2 years from the rapture, if not longer.
The Earth is "renovated" after the 7 year Tribulation. There's no room or time for burning of weapons. It has to be over before the MK starts. :nod

Articles - Prophecy - Issues - The Earth in Prophecy

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

I'm expecting him at anytime now, too!!! :thumbup :yeah: :hyper:

Micki

MARANATHA!!
I think a good prayer would be that our brothers and sisters would leave this inner circle.of countries destined for Psalm83/Is17, and shake the dust off their sandals as they leave.... May God put it in their hearts to pick up and go. May they place their faith in him and may he make a path for them and provide their needs - protection, shelter, food, water, clothing. :pray:
Amen!