Sa’ar accuses Likud of trying to ‘bribe’ coalition members and ‘spreading fake news’

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Sa’ar accuses Likud of trying to ‘bribe’ coalition members and ‘spreading fake news’
‘I won’t bring Bibi back, I’ll say that as clearly as I can,’ justice minister says, again rejecting rumors he’s considering quitting coalition, forming government with Netanyahu
By TOI staff

Justice Minister Gideon Sa’ar on Friday harshly criticized Likud and the party’s head, opposition leader Benjamin Netanyahu, accusing them of trying to “bribe” members of the coalition in an effort to bring about the collapse of the government. In an interview with Channel 12, Sa’ar said Likud was “offering bribes to different people” in the coalition and rejected rumors that suggested that he was considering quitting the coalition and forming a right-wing government with the Likud.

“I won’t bring Bibi back, I’ll say that as clearly as I can,” he said, referring to Netanyahu by his nickname and accusing him and his party of spreading fake news and lying to coalition members. “It’s a factory of fake news,” he said. “They’re always working to spread fake news. Once to weaken me and hurt the public that follows me and then to try and lure people in.” Sa’ar claimed the Likud was behind the repeated rumors of his potential defection. “They say: ‘come to us, we’ll give you a spot in the next government, a spot in the next Knesset. Here, Gideon [Sa’ar] is about to join us, come first, before he does.'”

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/saar-...be-coalition-members-and-spreading-fake-news/