Russian 'tank landing ships' spotted near Japan, may be heading to Ukraine

Lovin Jesus

Four large Russian warships, possibly transporting troops and combat vehicles to Ukraine, were spotted near Japan on Wednesday, the Japanese military said.

The Russian amphibious warfare ships were spotted by the Japanese military traveling west, and photos of the transport ships published by Japan's Defense Ministry showed what looked like military vehicles on the deck of one of the vessels.

"We don't know where they are heading, but their heading suggests it is possible," a Japanese Defense Ministry spokesman said when asked if the ships could be bound for Ukraine.

The ships are reportedly "tank landing ships" that can carry dozens of vehicles and hundreds of troops and can be used for landing expeditionary forces.

The Japanese military said the ships entered the Sea of Japan from the Pacific Ocean through the Tsuruga Strait in northeastern Japan, roughly 435 miles east of the Russian coastal city of Vladivostok.

It is unusual for Russian ships to pass through the strait, the Japanese military spokesman said.

More
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...spotted-near-japan-may-be-heading-to-ukraine?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I wonder if Ukraine has any trained frogmen who could be loaned a little sub so they can attach some bombs to the hulls of those ships...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Maybe Russia is getting tired of the quagmire and is getting ready just to be done with it one way or another?

I would not be surprised at all if putin unleashed a dozen tactical nukes on Kyiv, just out of spite, and then called his military home where he could begin a soviet style purge.

MapleLeaf

Hmm, I am still skeptical of nukes of any kind being used. I think the west would really have to "step in it" for that to happen. I mean....these days it is not beyond the realm of possibility :rolleyes: but I still believe the west is more interested in the threat of war rather than the war itself. Of course, if that is the case it increases the likelihood of a tactical nuke because Putin would have to be really certain the west would not retaliate in order to do that. If the west is sincere in its desire for full-on war I don't think he would. Putin is in it to win it.

Mainly it seems like it is Putin's turn to talk and make threats. It used to be Trump. It's all so primitive but it works.

Lovin Jesus

Hmm, I am still skeptical of nukes of any kind being used. I think the west would really have to "step in it" for that to happen. I mean....these days it is not beyond the realm of possibility :rolleyes: but I still believe the west is more interested in the threat of war rather than the war itself. Of course, if that is the case it increases the likelihood of a tactical nuke because Putin would have to be really certain the west would not retaliate in order to do that. If the west is sincere in its desire for full-on war I don't think he would. Putin is in it to win it.

Mainly it seems like it is Putin's turn to talk and make threats. It used to be Trump. It's all so primitive but it works.
I think most of the nukes talk from Putin have been to test Biden since he had already shown weakness and bad judgement how he withdrew our troops from Afghanistan.
Putin probably thought ok this is my chance to finish what I started in 2014. But when NATO got involved and Zelensky was pushing to be a member Putin drew a red line because he knows NATO became an alliance against the Soviet union and the heat was ramping up with the rhetoric coming from the WH so that made him determined to finish the invasion and using the getting his nuclear arsenal on alert as a scare tactic. I don't think he has been serious about using them because he knows it will spark WW3. It has been a game of chicken by the west and Russia. WW3 will likely happen but as I've said in other threads IF Putin is Got he can't get taken out to fulfill Ezekiel 38. If he's not Gog then the current situation with Ukraine will somehow lead to his demise for another potential Gog to come into the picture. I don't believe an all out Nuclear war will happen because it would make life on earth extinct. God has other plans. But a small nuclear exchange could happen like the bombing of Hiroshima. Of course this is my perspective but anything is possible for prophecy to be fulfilled and God is orchestrating the end times events on his timing.

MapleLeaf

Yeah, that was the point I was trying to make in a very stupid way, haha. It's all rhetoric to me at this point. Putin has not ever struck me as a mad/insane despot. He is cool and calculating and won't risk a full-on nuclear WW3. And I think the west would be in a really bad place if a Hiroshima-level nuke does not provoke any sort of escalation. But we may be nearly there, to be honest.

Lovin Jesus

Yeah, that was the point I was trying to make in a very stupid way, haha. It's all rhetoric to me at this point. Putin has not ever struck me as a mad/insane despot. He is cool and calculating and won't risk a full-on nuclear WW3. And I think the west would be in a really bad place if a Hiroshima-level nuke does not provoke any sort of escalation. But we may be nearly there, to be honest.
Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
Psalm 91:1-2, 10-11

MapleLeaf

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.”

If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;
Psalm 91:1-2, 10-11
This was in my daily reading yesterday. My grade 7 teacher had us memorize it. I no longer have it memorized but the memory does come flooding back when I see it again. It's such a great passage.

Lovin Jesus

Sanctions only affect the common folk, not the ones in power whose wealth and connections shield them.
I found out how effective sanctions are when Trump sanctioned the beans out of Iran. But it only hurt the people of Iran and did nothing to even put a scratch on the regime. They were still getting goods that were sanctioned from N Korea, China and I think even Russia. Just like that nuclear deal from Obama, Iran was STILL enriching uranium and in 1918 Israel Intel discovered the underground nuclear facility and exposed it to the media. Sanctions or deals with bad actors don't work

Rocky R.

I found out how effective sanctions are when Trump sanctioned the beans out of Iran. But it only hurt the people of Iran and did nothing to even put a scratch on the regime. They were still getting goods that were sanctioned from N Korea, China and I think even Russia. Just like that nuclear deal from Obama, Iran was STILL enriching uranium and in 1918 Israel Intel discovered the underground nuclear facility and exposed it to the media. Sanctions or deals with bad actors don't work.
Yep, like I said it only hurts the common folk their leaders don't care about.

Lovin Jesus

Yep, like I said it only hurts the common folk their leaders don't care about.
And Putin doesn't care about the people. Now he's saying Russia needs a purification meaning he plans to kill off his "traitors and scums" as he put it just because he underestimated his military's ability to carry out his "special mission"

rubyx1

rubyx1
And Putin doesn't care about the people. Now he's saying Russia needs a purification meaning he plans to kill off his "traitors and scums" as he put it just because he underestimated his military's ability to carry out his "special mission"
I just read about a Russian model who was found dead in a suitcase, she had called Putin out on social media. I don`t think that is a coincidence. He is offing his own citizens who disagree with him.