Russian contractors are training the army in Sudan, says Moscow

Almost Heaven

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said on Wednesday that private Russian companies were training the army in Sudan, confirming for the first time their presence in a country shaken by protests against its president, a close Russian ally.

Demonstrators have been on the streets near-daily since Dec. 19, initially to protest against an economic crisis then to call for an end to the 30-year rule of President Omar al-Bashir.

“According to our information, representatives of Russian private security companies, who have nothing to do with Russian state bodies, really do operate in Sudan,” Maria Zakharova, a spokeswoman for the Russian Foreign Ministry, told reporters.

Zakharova said she was responding to what she called an irresponsible story in the British press which she said had falsely alleged that Russian mercenaries were helping the Sudanese authorities quell the protests.

“Their task (of the private security firms) is limited to training staff for the military and law enforcement agencies of the Republic of Sudan,” she said.

Official statistics from the Russian Federal Security Service available online show a surge in the number of the Russian citizens who departed for Sudan in late 2017.

Two hundred Russians traveled to Sudan in the fourth quarter of 2017, according to the data. Prior to that, the highest number of Russians heading to the African country was 76 in any given quarter since 2013, the same data showed.

Moscow has been cagey about its activities in Syria, where up to several thousand private Russian military contractors secretly helped President Bashar al-Assad regain control of Syrian territory.

Russian officials denied the contractors operated in Syria at the Russian state’s behest despite them being based at a military facility back home..
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-sudan-contractors/russian-contractors-are-training-the-army-in-sudan-says-moscow-idUSKCN1PH23T

athenasius

Oh my my my!!!! That makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up!!!!
private Russian companies were training the army in Sudan, confirming for the first time their presence in a country shaken by protests against its president, a close Russian ally.
I'd posted about rumours only back in the fall when I launched that thread on the Wagner group and it's even more secret sibling.The Patriots. https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/wagner-group-no-opera-song-now-heading-to-north-africa-from-mother-russia-with-greedy-motives.142462/

SO it's OFFICIAL. And I remember another news article a while back talking about Russians training Tunisians and Libyans on Syrian soil.

athenasius

Yeah because Wagner group was only providing "support" in the area. LOL so the gloves are coming off, and Russia is coming out of the shadows. Putin is the puppet master pulling the strings for the President (for life) Omar al Bashir. Just like he did with Assad in Syria.

athenasius

Bashir paid Putin in oil revenues and ownership of the oil in the South Sudan in exchange for the same kind of protection racket that Putin is doing for Assad in Syria. And now to seal the deal, Russia is training the army (loyalists to Bashir) and creating a Russian controlled and managed army to keep their oil flowing, and eventually to release the Wagner group to operate elsewhere.

I'm sure Putin's nasty little brain is twisting away on how to get hold of Israel's oil now since he is always a man with an eye to the future.

Just look back at Putin's recent history with the Crimea. He was planning it before the Olympics in Sebastapol.

This kind of thing is right now creating the possibility in Putin's mind for his short to mid range plans in Syria. Possibly train and bring over some extra troops, paid for by their own countries (Cush, and Put) into Syria so he doesn't have to use and risk Russian blood and sweat in the future invasion of Israel, likely thru the Golan.

Last edited:

anath

I Love the Lord
And Turkey is building a port

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Erdogan-is-deepening-his-involvement-in-Sudan-573906

Pursuing its strategic goals in Sudan, Turkey is turning to the economy.

This public and important development demonstrates the common and long-range determination of both countries to consolidate their relationship. During Erdogan’s December 2017 visit, Sudan had agreed to lease the Suakin Island to Turkey for an indeterminate period. Turkey is to build a port, develop agriculture and restore the citadel, which had been for centuries the seat of the Ottoman Governor. The island is situated in the Red Sea opposite the Saudi port of Jedda.

Last edited:

athenasius

And Turkey is building a port

https://www.jpost.com/Opinion/Erdogan-is-deepening-his-involvement-in-Sudan-573906

Pursuing its strategic goals in Sudan, Turkey is turning to the economy.

This public and important development demonstrates the common and long-range determination of both countries to consolidate their relationship. During Erdogan’s December 2017 visit, Sudan had agreed to lease the Suakin Island to Turkey for an indeterminate period. Turkey is to build a port, develop agriculture and restore the citadel, which had been for centuries the seat of the Ottoman Governor. The island is situated in the Red Sea opposite the Saudi port of Jedda.
Oh I'm so glad you brought this up. I was trying to recall an earlier news article I'd seen on this, and it is TOTALLY part of thee process we are watching as the big 3 in Ez 38 build their own alliance and grow close to the smaller participants especially Put and Cush. It's simply stunning to watch because this prophecy is coming true for the FIRST TIME IN ALL HISTORY. Nobody on earth could have predicted this one, not so many millennia ago, and certainly not recently until Russia moved into Syria.

God is amazing and wonderful to watch as He shows how He tells us the future, so that when it happens, we KNOW and can testify to others of GOD, HIS NATURE and HIS WORD!

This never gets old!