Russia to Washington: Drop Middle East troop plan and stop provoking Iran

Almost Heaven

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia told the United States on Tuesday to drop what it called provocative plans to deploy more troops to the Middle East and to cease actions that looked like a conscious attempt to provoke war with Iran.
The comments, from Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov to Russian news agencies, followed an announcement from Acting U.S. Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan a day earlier who said Washington planned to send around 1,000 more troops to the Middle East for defensive purposes.

President Hassan Rouhani said on Tuesday that Iran would not wage war against any nation and the Kremlin called for restraint from all sides.
Ryabkov told reporters that Moscow had repeatedly warned Washington and its regional allies about what he called the “unthinking and reckless pumping up of tensions in an explosive region.”“

Now what we see are unending and sustained U.S. attempts to crank up political, psychological, economic and yes military pressure on Iran in quite a provocative way. They (these actions) cannot be assessed as anything but a conscious course to provoke war,” Ryabkov was cited as saying.
If Washington did not want war it had to show it, he said.
“If that’s really how it is then the U.S. should step back from reinforcing its military presence,” said Ryabkov.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-usa-russia/russia-to-washington-drop-middle-east-troop-plan-and-stop-provoking-iran-idUSKCN1TJ0UF

Kaatje

I can’t believe that Ryabkov would take anything Rouhani says at face value.
He knows that Iranians are accomplished liars, they proven that over and over.

Me thinks Russia is saying something different here, something going like this:
“We are the good guys, we don’t want war, so when war comes,
it will all be America’s fault.... (and we’ll go in for the spoils).”

Here is another of my Dutch sayings that seems very apt here:
“When two dogs fight over a bone, a third (dog) will take it home.”

Cindy S.

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia told the United States on Tuesday to drop what it called provocative plans to deploy more troops to the Middle East and to cease actions that looked like a conscious attempt to provoke war with Iran.
The comments, from Deputy Foreign Minister Sergei Ryabkov to Russian news agencies, followed an announcement from Acting U.S. Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan a day earlier who said Washington planned to send around 1,000 more troops to the Middle East for defensive purposes.

President Hassan Rouhani said on Tuesday that Iran would not wage war against any nation and the Kremlin called for restraint from all sides.
Ryabkov told reporters that Moscow had repeatedly warned Washington and its regional allies about what he called the “unthinking and reckless pumping up of tensions in an explosive region.”“

Now what we see are unending and sustained U.S. attempts to crank up political, psychological, economic and yes military pressure on Iran in quite a provocative way. They (these actions) cannot be assessed as anything but a conscious course to provoke war,” Ryabkov was cited as saying.
If Washington did not want war it had to show it, he said.
“If that’s really how it is then the U.S. should step back from reinforcing its military presence,” said Ryabkov.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-iran-nuclear-usa-russia/russia-to-washington-drop-middle-east-troop-plan-and-stop-provoking-iran-idUSKCN1TJ0UF
"Provacative plans" :ahaha :pound
Thank you, Lord for giving us a heads up what's coming or I would be freaking out.

fl2007rn

I still can't comprehend that Obama sent the Iranians over a billion dollars in 2016. Iran is a terrorist regime which openly states death to Israel and the USA. How much of this money has been used for terrorist operations against the West?

InsuranceGuy

Iran has reciprocal obligations with Russia. If we go to war with Iran, I suspect Israel would use the war to destroy the nuclear facilities Iran has. Russia may attempt to stay out of it, but with Trump telling the EU to stop relying so heavily on Russia for Natural Gas, they may begin talking with Israel soon. So, in an effort to maintain their agreement with Iran (and the Muslims throughout the area), as well as to save their nation from complete economic failure (losing their Natural Gas pipeline to the EU would cripple them), Russia feels "hooked" into getting involved in a war they originally hoped to avoid. At some point, Putin has to think (I'm sure he's already done so) how great it would be to control ALL the Natural Gas in the Middle East. If he were to swoop in and take what Israel has, he would not only be fulfilling his obligation to the Muslims, but would likely gain several nations contracts for Natural Gas, making Russia one of the wealthier countries on the planet. I can see Putin telling the Muslim nations he will assist, but the cost will be enormous, therefore, he needs them to agree to get their Natural Gas from Russia.

Anyway, just a theory. Russia has never attacked any other nation first (that wasn't part of them at one time in the past). They are very content to let other nations attempt to attack them and use their geography and rough terrain to their advantage. Them attacking Israel will not only be incredibly unusual for them, but unprecedented. The "spoils" they go for are likely not just the Natural Gas, but likely the already put in place contracts Putin will have with other nations he agreed to help. With no one coming to help them though, it makes me think this war is still a ways off, maybe well after a war with Iran. Currently, the US could/would assist them if Russia attacked. Under a different President, a Democratic President, we would not.

greg64

We know that Iran is still a player at the time of Ezekiel 38, so any conflict with the US that happens before then doesn't destroy or disable them completely. Lots of possibilities here, but it does seem like something may happen soon. Brinkmanship and then a step back or some kind of further incident or limited strike? Who knows, but we may not have long to wait to find out. Once whatever it is plays out, I wonder how long it would take certain parties to get an evil thought if the US was somehow incapacitated due to any number of things, not the least of which is the sudden disappearance of everyone in Christ? I think that would change all kinds of political calculus.