Russia to cut share of U.S. dollar in National Wealth Fund, mulls other currencies

Almost Heaven

Kolychev confirmed a Reuters report from earlier this month that Russia was planning to diversify its foreign currency holdings in 2020.
Kolychev said the move was in part meant to shield Russian reserves from external risks. He did not give an exact figure for what the U.S. dollar’s share would be trimmed to in the National Wealth Fund.
The U.S. unit made up about 36% of the National Wealth Fund, or $124.5 billion, as of end-October, according to Reuters calculations based on finance ministry data.

“Geopolitical risks are one of the key factors in determining the structure of the National Wealth Fund,” he told reporters on the sidelines of a conference in central Moscow.
Russia had stepped up what it calls a de-dollarization process to reduce its dependence on the U.S. currency when Moscow’s relations with the West deteriorated over Russia’s annexation of Crimea in 2014 and its role in the Ukrainian crisis.
“I can say with certainty that the U.S. dollar share will be smaller,” Kolychev said. “Different currencies are being considered... including the yuan.”
The structure of Russia’s international reserves has already changed and the planned changes to the National Wealth Fund will bring its composition closer to that of the central bank’s foreign currency reserves, Kolychev said.

“We are just synchronizing more with the central bank.”
The euro EUR= accounted for 30.3% of the central bank's reserves as of March 31. The U.S. dollar's share was 23.6%, the Chinese yuan accounted for 14.2% CNY=, and the pound for 6.6% GBP=. The Japanese yen JPY=, the Canadian dollar CAD= and the Australian dollar AUD= altogether accounted for 7.1%.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russia-nwf-forex/russia-to-cut-share-of-u-s-dollar-in-national-wealth-fund-mulls-other-currencies-idUSKBN1XN1JY?il=0

Kaatje

So, they don't trust the once "almighty" dollar anymore, don't blame them for that.
But this might have far reaching impact, if others follow and panic starts to spread.

Fasten your seatbelts, my beloved brothers and sisters, bumpy road ahead!

InsuranceGuy

The only reason they trade in Dollars is because we threatened the Middle East in the 70's. Today, there are coalitions there that HATE the USA. They are also wise enough to know if they all dumped the dollar, the USA would suffer an economic collapse of epic proportions. If they aren't holding the Dollar when it happens, they won't feel the impact nearly as much. I disagree with those that think an economic collapse here would ruin the world. We are an importing nation, not an exporter. If the dollar collapses, other currencies will rise dramatically in value, provided not many nations are holding their reserve funds in the dollar. If many nations begin reducing their holdings in the dollar, I would say it's more of a plan than people diversifying their portfolio. China made a comment years ago that the USA could be overthrown as a world power without ever firing a shot. Obviously they were speaking in terms of economics.....

Carl

Kaatje has it correct, ""So, they don't trust the once "almighty" dollar anymore "" At one time everything about the United States was trustworth. I think that the meeting at Jekyll Island has something to do with our current condition.

I mean here we have the largest bank in the world that wants to make money. How does our little home banks make money. Why they advertise their programs and make them sound good. Why wouldn't the Fed do the same thing. Oh by the way the Fed is controlled by the Bank of England.

Almost Heaven

BRICS leaders avoid discussion of Venezuela

(Reuters) - Leaders of the BRICS major emerging economies made no mention of Venezuela during a two-day summit in Brazil’s capital, according to diplomats, putting aside a rift over the fate of the chaotic South American country to focus on global economic issues instead.

South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa, China's President Xi Jinping, India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Russia's President Vladimir Putin and Brazil's President Jair Bolsonaro pose for a photo at the BRICS summit in Brasilia, Brazil November 14, 2019. Pavel Golovkin/Pool via REUTERS
Among BRICS members at the summit that ended on Thursday, Russia and China back Venezuela’s leftist President Nicolas Maduro. But under right-wing President Jair Bolsonaro, host country Brazil supports opposition leader Juan Guaido as Venezuela’s legitimate leader.
An economic meltdown and political turmoil in Venezuela have sent 4 million refugees flooding across its borders into Brazil and other neighboring countries in a humanitarian crisis that is considered one of Latin America’s top regional security issues.

athenasius

More going on here. A friend of mine and I were discussing this via email when I asked him what he thought about the effect of a limited Middle East war (not the Gaza stuff) on the petro dollar (US$ is backed by oil) and I'd mentioned the 22 T in debt that Dan (Insurance Guy) had mentioned in a thread here and he said this in his reply I read this morning:

"The problem is we secretly printed $21 trillion a few years back. Goodness knows what total the FED printed but it's for definite there was $21T before they were found out. That's 21+22 = $43 Trillion in current debt plus about $250T committed liabilities like pensions.

This got scant coverage in one newspaper. The gov. in response (i) redacted all the figures and (ii) this year brought out a new law allowing them to hide the figures or falsify then for national security. At a guess, $50T would be the current debt and some/much/none of this is siloed for the future... who knows?

Officially capitalism is dead and gone. These figures were used for the M3 Money Supply so we can value the US$. We have always had this information. Now we are flying blind.

The FED just announced Not the next QE. "Not" meaning they said it's not QE and the financial world is not to call it QE. It's the same as the last QE but, but, but it's not QE. Understand?

So the FED is printing money again only a bit more crazily and pumping the stock market and also supporting bank liquidity that is getting thin.
Everywhere we look it's a bunch of problems BUT there are tricks they can do and perhaps new ideas. Who would ever have thought of negative interest rates? Now you can tie your money up in gov. treasury bonds for 30 yrs and get less than you put in. Previous generations would puke at the thought. Suggestions are a one-off tan on pension funds - yes the pension funds that are in trouble. Another is bank bail-ins where they just take a percentage of deposits.. say 50%. When we go cashless it will be easy to do this - just send an SMS to let everyone know your deposit is now half of what it was this morning because we needed to save the system.

The USA is the biggest oil exporter in the world, thanks to fracking. The problem is they are losing on every barrel. So why continue? Simply because, as you have noted, other countries are beginning to pay for oil in other currencies and even gold with the result they don't need US$'s stacked high in their vaults and are sending them back. There is a danger of the US$ being devalued so the US needs to mop up this surplus hence selling oil below the cost price.

With the markets being pumped - all of them - investors are getting a bit scared so there's a lot of money not going into the market at the moment and waiting for a pullback to jump in. If we have a ME skirmish it will cause an instant drop and then bounce back. War is good for the markets as we make a lot of things that go bang and need to replace them. "

Emphasis added by me. The context is a longer conversation about the way the money supply and the flow of oil and money thru the world is one of the many indicators of the prophetic state of the world at present and how close we are to the end. It's long been my thinking that the money trail, which I have trouble understanding (lets get that straight, I'm a retired RN, not an accountant, stock broker or financial analyst)

that money trail will speak the truth when the newspapers and journalists are lying thru their coffee stained teeth to support the globalist cause.

I was a bit shocked to see this headline here today but it lines up with what he was saying. I thought you all might be interested in further depth backing this OP up.

And I've been expecting something like this. Russia is moving ahead with long held plans (in concert with China and the BRICs) to replace the US $, the petrodollar with something else, that they can buy and sell oil in and bypass all the sanctions.

Plus destroy the USA as a world power. That would be their plan (and the globalists encourage that)

But it looks like the Fed and QE (Quantitative Easing) might just do the job for the Russians ahead of time with the expansion of money supply or what we used to call printing more money. These days we call it QE as they electronically "ease" more money into the system. And of course the globalists encourage all this QE as well because if one doesn't work, as planned the other might.

And the people are just pawns in their games for world domination using the money supply.

Last edited:

athenasius

@athenasius
I Can't press the like-button, because there is nothing to like about the article,
except you're and you're friends deep understanding of the times we're living in.

This man-made Tower of Babel will fall to to dust, the only question that remains is: Whe?
Oh Erika, I so understand but I think I can help, not so much with a date, but taking out the fear of what this economic manipulation is about to do.

I'm going to copy and paste an answer I gave on a different thread, in which Kathy Mendel brought up a bible passage that is ESSENTIAL when looking ahead to the chaos to come. WE ARE NOT THERE FOR IT and I'll explain why

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/coming-market-crash.154114/page-2#post-842895231

SUPER important idea there. This reference is here and here:
Luke 17:26-29 King James Version (KJV)
26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.

27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.

Matthew 24:36-39 King James Version (KJV)
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

These are 2 parallel passages that give details of that time. There are bits surrounding the Luke passage that speak to this being at the time of the Rapture but MATTHEW in Mt 24:36 tells us it's Rapture by the fact that nobody knows this day or hour.

For the Tribulation believers, even if they missed the signing of the covenant, they have another time reference from the Middle of the Trib pointing to the Abomination of Desolation when the AC sits down in the rebuilt Temple, pretending to be God. From EITHER time they can exactly calculate when Jesus will appear at the end of the Tribulation. So this is NOT aimed at those believers of that time.

It is OUR time, before the Rapture.

Another clue is in the focus on feasting, marriage, planting and building and doing business-- buying and selling.

no matter how you slice and dice it, those activities will be down to zero, zip, zilch in the days and hours before the Lord appears to end the Tribulation.

SO with that out of the way, grabbing firm hold of these 2 passages--

they give us a SOLID clue about economic conditions JUST PRIOR TO THE RAPTURE.

Now that said, of COURSE there will be the usual nations experiencing famine, economic chaos, plague and poverty. THAT IS A CHARACTERISTIC OF THE ENTIRE CHURCH AGE. No change there, so this IS NOT SAYING that all Christians everywhere will be in good economic health.

(Nor is it saying that America will be having a good time, but I will say that it does fit something like a Trump situation where economics are on the upturn and it's good times had by all the ignorant, is a lot like what we see today. WE SEE THE DAY APPROACHING. They don't.)

What it DOES say however is that the WORLD economy will be going gangbusters and that might mean that the BIG KAHUNA, the MOTHER OF ALL GLOBAL CRASHES is held back till the day we (like Noah and Lot) are removed, and the Restrainer is removed from the midst as Paul explains in 2 Thess 2: 1-12 here and I include down to v 12 because that last half is a snapshot of what it will be like when we leave and the AC is revealed.

It will be a time when the enemy has a short time, he knows that. But the AC won't yet realize that. It will be extremely frustrating to the AC and the globalists that just when they get the pesky Christians out of their hair, all of a sudden the very lawlessness they encourage comes to full bloom and they'll have a LOT on their hands, not just a global crash but wars, chaos etc. All their chickens will be coming home to roost, and the good side of having Christians around, like salt, to preserve society thru the action of the Holy Spirit, will be gone and the SPEED of the descent into chaos and destruction will be hard for them to manage, but they will. It's this sort of chaos, in which the AC will arise with a plan to help everyone out.

2 Thessalonians 2 New International Version (NIV)
The Man of Lawlessness

2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

athenasius

Now in relation to what is happening with Russia doing this to the US currency, and the implications of the world wide economic crisis to come

it's important to remember how tightly tied the stability of the US petrodollar is to the global economy. If that petrodollar crashes, the whole world economy goes.

We are seeing the Restrainer in action.

It is a miracle of God that we are actually seeing when we look at the whole economic picture across the planet. GOD and GOD ALONE has the final say on when this all blows up.

And I'm convinced beyond the shadow of doubt, that even if individual countries or their currencies fail (like Venezuela for a recent example -- tied in with the BRICS) that God's overall prophetic picture BEFORE THE RAPTURE isn't a worldwide economic shutdown. In fact God will keep that world economy in place till we are removed, and it won't need anything more than God simply removing His restraint for it to ALL fall into place.

As Jan Markell often says Prophecy isn't to scare us, it is to prepare us. She also says Things aren't falling apart, they are falling into place.

And for those reading these forums, prophecy and watching things fall into place can be frightening at times. But when we are caught by the fear of the storm to come, it's important to turn our eyes unto Jesus who is able to bring us thru and who promised us He would come and get us.

OK point #2
Things just get weirder and more supernatural and less like the normal laws of physics or economics the closer we get to the Rapture.

(we see it as we marvel at Israeli politics, the war in the Middle East that Iran and so many others are working towards, yet failing to start)

If you ever watch or read a little about astronomy you've probably heard of black holes and that weird "Event Horizon" where the normal laws of time and physics don't apply any more.

We are approaching the Event Horizon of Bible Prophecy just before the End of the END of the Church Age.

You can see the impossibility of things continuing as they are, yet they stretch out to impossibility in the normal way of looking.

that is TERRIFYING if people don't have the reasssurance of prophecy in Scripture which is why a lot of Christians, and most of the rest of the world are in such a state of denial.

They are TERRIFIED. Of the financial crisis looming like a storm on that event horizon, of the climate change they worry about! (wait till the tribulation gets going, and boy they won't fuss about carbon units or carbon offsets, they'll be saying to the rocks and hills, HIDE US FROM THE WRATH OF THE LAMB!)

But even us, as we wait for the Rapture, we know these things must come to pass but the storms we see building on the horizon are terrifying to us too.

As Paul reminded the Thessalonians who were in a similar state of terror brought on by false teachers said in 2 Thessalonians 2: 1-12 We are not here for the coming of the lawless one. The Restrainer (the Holy Spirit working thru the church) restrains not just the appearing of the lawless one, but the "SECRET POWER OF LAWLESSNESS" which is already at work.

I think in all these things, whether it is the coming economic storm or the tide of abortions or the grooming of toddlers and small children by pedophiles and homosexuals, we see this secret power of lawlessness at work. But it is restrained by the Holy Spirit and yet we see that restraint being lifted enough in this time of preparation before the Tribulation to allow the evil actors to take their places. I hope this is a comfort. I know you know all this, but I bring in even the simpler points of God's Restraints on this present evil to comfort those younger Christians who read these forums and might be even more fearful of what is happening.

The Man of Lawlessness
2 Concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered to him, we ask you, brothers and sisters, 2 not to become easily unsettled or alarmed by the teaching allegedly from us—whether by a prophecy or by word of mouth or by letter—asserting that the day of the Lord has already come. 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. 4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

5 Don’t you remember that when I was with you I used to tell you these things? 6 And now you know what is holding him back, so that he may be revealed at the proper time. 7 For the secret power of lawlessness is already at work; but the one who now holds it back will continue to do so till he is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one will be in accordance with how Satan works. He will use all sorts of displays of power through signs and wonders that serve the lie, 10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

TRex2

Wish you would have given a source for this, I love getting new sources that know about things the public is supposed to be in the dark about.
Trouble is, though, that some of this happened a while back, and some of it more recently. Had it all happened in the last two years, the US would be in immediate grave danger.

But that isn't the case.
More going on here. A friend of mine and I were discussing this via email when I asked him what he thought about the effect of a limited Middle East war (not the Gaza stuff) on the petro dollar (US$ is backed by oil) and I'd mentioned the 22 T in debt that Dan (Insurance Guy) had mentioned in a thread here and he said this in his reply I read this morning:

"The problem is we secretly printed $21 trillion a few years back. Goodness knows what total the FED printed but it's for definite there was $21T before they were found out. That's 21+22 = $43 Trillion in current debt plus about $250T committed liabilities like pensions.
The 21T that is discussed here was printed in two time periods, 2008-9 and around 2014. (I have a lot less info about 2014, since that is when the news blackout occurred. In addition, most of that was just printed out of thin air, so there is no one to pay back (unlike the national debt). It simply dilutes our money supply, driving up prices but not wages, across the months after it was printed. (Hence you see prices go up, but they report "no inflation")

This got scant coverage in one newspaper. The gov. in response (i) redacted all the figures and (ii) this year brought out a new law allowing them to hide the figures or falsify then for national security. ...
It was kept quiet, to prevent panic in the masses.

Officially capitalism is dead and gone. These figures were used for the M3 Money Supply so we can value the US$. We have always had this information. Now we are flying blind.
Not totally blind. While we can't see what is done behind the scenes, we can see the effect it has on the markets.

The FED just announced Not the next QE. "Not" meaning they said it's not QE and the financial world is not to call it QE. It's the same as the last QE but, but, but it's not QE. Understand?
Just happened?
Call me skeptical.
The loans from the Fed, called QE, were partly repaid in 2018 and early 2019.

So the FED is printing money again only a bit more crazily and pumping the stock market and also supporting bank liquidity that is getting thin. Everywhere we look it's a bunch of problems BUT there are tricks they can do and perhaps new ideas. Who would ever have thought of negative interest rates? Now you can tie your money up in gov. treasury bonds for 30 yrs and get less than you put in. Previous generations would puke at the thought. Suggestions are a one-off tan on pension funds - yes the pension funds that are in trouble. Another is bank bail-ins where they just take a percentage of deposits.. say 50%. When we go cashless it will be easy to do this - just send an SMS to let everyone know your deposit is now half of what it was this morning because we needed to save the system.
Unless you are talking about Germany, this is very likely to be fake news.
(Probably promoted by China, since they are having economic problems right now, and certain of their wealthy discontents were dumping money into our treasury bonds in 2018.)

The USA is the biggest oil exporter in the world, thanks to fracking. The problem is they are losing on every barrel. So why continue? Simply because, as you have noted, other countries are beginning to pay for oil in other currencies and even gold with the result they don't need US$'s stacked high in their vaults and are sending them back. There is a danger of the US$ being devalued so the US needs to mop up this surplus hence selling oil below the cost price.
Again, likely to be fake news. See below.

With the markets being pumped - all of them - investors are getting a bit scared so there's a lot of money not going into the market at the moment and waiting for a pullback to jump in. If we have a ME skirmish it will cause an instant drop and then bounce back. War is good for the markets as we make a lot of things that go bang and need to replace them. "
Again, I wish I knew your source, sounds a little like Zerohedge, but the style isn't right. Most of this stuff was true at one time or another, but lumping it all into one article makes it wrong.

And the people are just pawns in their games for world domination using the money supply.
Well now, I am in complete agreement with this.

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/investing/072215/can-fracking-survive-60-barrel.asp
Fracking is expensive, but still less costly than the methods used to obtain oil from the wells mentioned above. According to Reuters, estimates put the break-even point for fracking at around $50 per barrel, but other estimates put it as low as $30 per barrel. This $30 per barrel figure is much lower than the total cost per barrel more widely published, but there is an important distinction between the estimates that put fracking costs at the $50 per barrel range.

At less than a price point around $50 per barrel, oil and gas companies are less likely to explore and drill for new oil accessible through fracking, but existing operations may still be cash-flow positive.

TRex2

Now in relation to what is happening with Russia doing this to the US currency, and the implications of the world wide economic crisis to come

it's important to remember how tightly tied the stability of the US petrodollar is to the global economy. If that petrodollar crashes, the whole world economy goes.

We are seeing the Restrainer in action.

It is a miracle of God that we are actually seeing when we look at the whole economic picture across the planet. GOD and GOD ALONE has the final say on when this all blows up.
wow.
That, right there says it all.

As Jan Markell often says Prophecy isn't to scare us, it is to prepare us. She also says Things aren't falling apart, they are falling into place.
Scott Adams (Dilbert's author) says we have reached Parody Inversion:
Where reality makes less since than Parody or Satire.

athenasius

Wish you would have given a source for this,
I did, but as I said it WASN'T an article, in fact it was a conversation with a friend that was answering a question I'd asked about the effect of a limited middle east war (not the Ez 38 one, but prior to that-- involving Hezbollah, Syria and Jordan which was something I was speculating about). I had posed the question days before the Gaza blew up, and I knew that was likely coming so I think I ruled the Gaza sort of thing out. I'd included something of interest that Dan (Insurance Guy) had mentioned in this thread here. https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/coming-market-crash.154114/page-2#post-842897801 His answer included the quote above given to me as background details.

The morning after I'd digested his reply, I came to find this OP, which was why I posted it. It startled me how close it was to this conversation here and the one I was involved in above that Dan started.

I think I said all this in my post including his quote but otherwise I do give sources. I have no (LOL NONE, ZERO) expertise in this field but one thing I've consistently noted is that the money trail doesn't lie. Unlike journalists. It can be confusing though so I'm always interested in what money field professionals see.

And when a number of them agree on a particular point, it's likely to be one worth paying attention to.

Which makes me interested in your take on the OP. What do you see in this and how do you see it impacting the global economy?

Because that story is of particular interest, it's one I've followed and commented on whenever the Russian plan to replace the US petrodollar has come up on these forums. It is definitely near and dear to Putin's heart, and whenever there is an update, I've been following it closely. I have an interest in Russian politics due to having married into a Russian family and watching Russian culture and thought patterns from my own perspective.

What is also of interest to me from a prophecy standpoint is how God appears to be holding things together, despite all normal forces working on the economy which indicate it should have gone up in flames a while back.

And as I pointed out upthread, this would line up with the way Jesus mentions economic details in His Matthew and Luke Bible quotes above.

TRex2

I did, but as I said it WASN'T an article, in fact it was a conversation with a friend that was answering a question I'd asked about the effect of a limited middle east war ....
I'd included something of interest that Dan (Insurance Guy) had mentioned in...
His answer included the quote above given to me as background details.

The morning after I'd digested his reply, I came to find this OP, which was why I posted it. It startled me how close it was to this conversation here and the one I was involved in above that Dan started.
OOps :)
When you said "conversation" I took it as an "online conversation" either in a blog or another forum. This mistake stems from the fact that I have no peers in my offline world, when it comes to politics, war, and economics.

I think I said all this in my post including his quote but otherwise I do give sources. I have no (LOL NONE, ZERO) expertise in this field but one thing I've consistently noted is that the money trail doesn't lie. Unlike journalists. It can be confusing though so I'm always interested in what money field professionals see.
No, the money trail does not lie, but few people, including few economists understand it, and some of the money trails have been deliberately obfuscated (as in the Tides Foundation and similar), and others lead to tunnels (bitcoin, loose diamonds, and gold transactions, as well as certain banks). I don't track the money, itself, but watch for the effects it has on the markets. Much like watching the sea for an invisible ship, you watch for the wake it creates.

And when a number of them agree on a particular point, it's likely to be one worth paying attention to.

Which makes me interested in your take on the OP. What do you see in this and how do you see it impacting the global economy?
I do the same, but I ignore certain ones, and ignore what some of them says about certain subjects. Mish Shedlock is a example. Brilliant at global economics, but he is totally clueless when it comes to war, and he has a case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Because that story is of particular interest, it's one I've followed and commented on whenever the Russian plan to replace the US petrodollar has come up on these forums. It is definitely near and dear to Putin's heart, and whenever there is an update, I've been following it closely. I have an interest in Russian politics due to having married into a Russian family and watching Russian culture and thought patterns from my own perspective.
One thing that most people don't understand is that, economically, Russia is a shadow of its former self. Militarily they are still a huge threat, but they over extended themselves economically to increase their military might. Movement of $200B in the global market will have a minute effect.

What is also of interest to me from a prophecy standpoint is how God appears to be holding things together, despite all normal forces working on the economy which indicate it should have gone up in flames a while back.

And as I pointed out upthread, this would line up with the way Jesus mentions economic details in His Matthew and Luke Bible quotes above.
The only reason I don't discuss prophesy in a thread like this is that it has been discussed sufficiently, that anything I have to say would simply repeat what someone else has said.

athenasius

I don't track the money, itself, but watch for the effects it has on the markets. Much like watching the sea for an invisible ship, you watch for the wake it creates.
I LIKE that concept. I completely agree with the problems of listening to others, and trying to watch out for bias, as well as the fact that things have been hidden so well even the pros can't untangle the mess.

The effect it has is something that is difficult to hide if you know what you are looking at. GREAT POINT!
economically, Russia is a shadow of its former self. Militarily they are still a huge threat, but they over extended themselves economically to increase their military might. Movement of $200B in the global market will have a minute effect.
That is another good point. I'm not used to thinking in terms of relative size of numbers in the hundreds of billions. I knew that Russia is having problems economically. So this is a token movement, not a significant one. Thanks. Again that speaks to the Restrainer restraining the ability of Russia to do what Russia would like.

And again that lines up with other prophecy. Because I can't see Russia succeeding with their plans to destroy the petrodollar. Not if they are going to be hungry enough to invade Israel in Ez 38 in the not too too distant future. I don't know when, but I don't think it's right next on the schedule, kind of almost ready for Ez 38 but not yet in my opinion.

I love watching these things unfolding. Appreciate you brother, and your posts.