Russia stops space cooperation with US: 'Let them fly on brooms'

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Russia stops space cooperation with US: 'Let them fly on brooms'
Roscosmos will also be ending cooperation with Germany.
By TZVI JOFFRE, REUTERS
Published: MARCH 3, 2022

Dmitry Rogozin, director-general of Roscosmos, announced that Russia would be halting the delivery of rocket engines to the US, saying "let them fly into space on their brooms," according to RIA Novosti. Rogozin added that Russia would be ending cooperation with the US on experiments on the ISS. He added that the priority of the country's space program would be adjusted to focus on satellites for defense interests.

Rogozin announced as well on Thursday that Roscosmos would be freezing cooperation with the German Aerospace Center (DLR) in a letter to the administrator of the DLR, Anke Kaysser-Pyzalla. The DLR announced on Thursday that it was terminating all collaboration activities with Russian institutions and would not start any new projects or initiatives with them.

"The termination of cooperation with the Russian Federation in the field of higher education, scientific research and professional training announced by the leadership of the Federal Republic of Germany, of course, causes irreparable damage to the established long-term cooperation ties and significantly slows down activities in the field of outer space exploration for peaceful purposes," wrote Rogozin.

The Alliance of Science Organisations in Germany announced last week that it would immediately freeze cooperation with Russian universities and businesses until further notice, issuing a condemnation of the Russian invasion of Ukraine.

more............... https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-699203

athenasius

So much for Obama's idiot move to shut down the Space Shuttle program at NASA and let Russia take over the transport to the ISS. I hope Elon Musk's stuff is up and operating. I haven't been paying attn to the ISS stuff in years-- too much else happening down here on the planet.

benmcd

So much for Obama's idiot move to shut down the Space Shuttle program at NASA and let Russia take over the transport to the ISS. I hope Elon Musk's stuff is up and operating. I haven't been paying attn to the ISS stuff in years-- too much else happening down here on the planet.
I'd trust Musk over NASA any so far he's done it safer, faster, and at a fraction of the price. At this point NASA is just a jobs program for affirmative action types who want to pretend to be scientists and engineers.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The Harry Potter generation has grown up and is getting into these jobs so maybe using brooms is fitting. Or, is at least a fitting insult. :book:doh2 I mean, what did they think was going to happen by insulting Russians at every turn? We're losing our freedoms to juveniles.

It would be fun to be able to fly with just a broom. It would make for a quick trip into town when I just need an onion or some milk or some small thing for dinner. I could shoot right over the valley and mountains into the supermarket parking lot and be there in no time at all. It would be green transportation too. It would be a little cold during the winter months, though... not sure I'd want to give up my heated seats and steering wheel...

Footsteps

This could provide the Pentagon with a new diversity program: The recognition of Wicca as a legitimate religion that has made significant contributions to society. Until we can develop armed flying brooms, the Joint Chiefs could run down the halls on hobby horse broomsticks shouting “I’ll get you, my pretty!”

depserv

If I had to choose I'd take a flying carpet over a broom, since even one of those narrow bicycle seats gets uncomfortable after awhile. And balancing on a broom would not be easy.

This threat shows the insanity in America outsourcing essential items. I thought this was a betrayal from the beginning, and now it gives me no joy to say I told you so (and not just me, but others too). We can recover from this just fine, but only if we replace our political and cultural leadership and start basing what we do on common sense instead of liberal dogma, and that does not seem likely.

madcat

It would be fun to be able to fly with just a broom. It would make for a quick trip into town when I just need an onion or some milk or some small thing for dinner. I could shoot right over the valley and mountains into the supermarket parking lot and be there in no time at all. It would be green transportation too. It would be a little cold during the winter months, though... not sure I'd want to give up my heated seats and steering wheel...
I think Hillary might have an extra she would let you have???? Just an educated guess:stirpot:stirpot:stirpot:stirpot

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
This could provide the Pentagon with a new diversity program: The recognition of Wicca as a legitimate religion that has made significant contributions to society. Until we can develop armed flying brooms, the Joint Chiefs could run down the halls on hobby horse broomsticks shouting “I’ll get you, my pretty!”

I just saw an article where the the US military is trying out it's first hybrid armored vehicle. I wonder how much weight the hybridization adds and how much that detracts from its mission capabilities...

Footsteps

I just saw an article where the the US military is trying out it's first hybrid armored vehicle. I wonder how much weight the hybridization adds and how much that detracts from its mission capabilities...
If it’s the Energizer Armored Personnel Carrier, there are stealth issues. The APC runs on an electric battery. While the motor runs quietly, the battery is shaped like an Eveready AA battery mounted on the roof. It is about ten feet wide and forty feet tall. The contractor insisted that their trademark Energizer Bunny bang his bass drum while highlighted with a fluorescent pink stage light. A small bump in the road causes the vehicle to tip over. The drum keeps banging until all the occupants of the APC are captured. The contractor promises only a small cost overrun to modify the “minor glitch”.