Russia says new missile flies at 27 times the speed of sound and renders all defences useless

endofdays

maryrae

Hmm. Well, I read a comment about this on another site that has a ring of truth to it, and it was something like this- "Not even we (Americans) know what OUR government/military has."
Russia better not boast too loudly. It only gets you into trouble, and..... spills the beans to the opponent's advantage, and your detriment.

DanLMP

The speed of sound is 767 miles per hour......so 27 times that is 20,709 miles per hour.
Maybe in outer space that is possible but not thru the atmosphere IMHO
I expect it is designed to spend some time in the vacuum of space before doing a reentry.

It's 4862 miles from Moscow to DC. That leaves about 1/4 hour to react and you can only deal with it after it makes reentry.

If all those things are true, it's a problem.

Luke12

Back in the 1950's when I was a kid and we lived in Springfield Pennsylvania the big thing that my dad wrestled with was whether or not we should have a bomb shelter for the Russian threat because it was all the talk. It was even on TV.
Just amazing how long the Russian threat has been around. Add to that now NK and Iran......

Last edited:

athenasius

If they ever try to use such against Israel, they will discover a Defense they did not anticipate. Perhaps it will do a loopty-loop and return to sender. Suggest propping the doors to the launch facility open with a clear path to a bunker before hitting the button.
Now that looks an awful lot like the fire falling on the far coastlands and homelands of those invaders etc mentioned in Ezekiel.

Kem

Citizen
Back in the 1950's when I was a kid and we lived in Springfield Pennsylvania the big thing that my dad wrestled with was whether or not we should have a bomb shelter for the Russian threat because it was all the talk. It was even on TV.
Just amazing how long the Russian threat has been around. Add to that now NK and Iran......
I grew up in the mid 40s and 50s also and don't remember my folks ever speaking of the Russian threat but my sister and I knew about it and we decided to dig our own shelter in the back yard. lol we dug quite a large hole but nothing large enough in which a family could take shelter. No, our folks didn't care as we had 5 acres and it was quite a distance from the house.

Spock

Russia, as usual, is all bark, hoping to scare people to cower to them. When JFK stared down Khrushchev during the Cuban Missile Crisis, he became the docile little puppy dog instead of the big bad bear.

Besides, like several of you have mentioned, these missiles vs. God on the battlefield (mountains) in Israel.....I’m putting my money on God.

SumSam

Russia, as usual, is all bark, hoping to scare people to cower to them. When JFK stared down Khrushchev during the Cuban Missile Crisis, he became the docile little puppy dog instead of the big bad bear.

Besides, like several of you have mentioned, these missiles vs. God on the battlefield (mountains) in Israel.....I’m putting my money on God.
To be fair, the world got to know only decades later that Khrushchev did get what he wanted, when as a quid pro quo, the United States withdrew the Jupiter missiles from Izmir on the Turkish border with the Soviet Union. From that location, they could have reached Moscow in five minutes.