Russia says it destroys Ukraine's 'last warship'

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Russia says it destroys Ukraine's 'last warship'
Ukrainian officials said on Monday that Russia had put five aircraft out of action in an attack on a military target in western Ukraine and caused a fire at the Black Sea port of Odesa in airstrikes
By REUTERS

Russia's defense ministry said on Wednesday that its forces had destroyed what it described as Ukraine's "last warship" two days ago in the port of Odesa in a missile strike. Ukraine's navy declined to comment. "The last warship of the Ukrainian navy, the Yuriy Olefirenko, was destroyed at a warship mooring in the port of Odesa," Defence Ministry Spokesman Igor Konashenkov said in a daily briefing on the war.

more........... https://www.jpost.com/international/article-744745

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
Ukraine scuttled a few of their older ships to prevent the soviets from capturing and using them.

Currently they have multiple corvettes and patrol craft. A couple US frigates are being discussed.

The ship, if sunk, was a landing craft. A logical target for ussr, to stop a costal assault on Crimea.

DWB

I wouldn't believe anything Russia says. They are not known for telling the truth in peace time let alone war time.
I wonder who has the greater credibility, the U.S. media, or the Russian media. I don't trust anything I hear on MSM. In fact, I'll go so far as to say everything reported from every source, has some form of bias to push whatever the agenda of the source may be.

It's all smoke and mirrors at this point. Some may try to appear unbiased, but it's almost impossible to keep personal emotions from showing up in print and in vocal communication.

Back