Russia says Finland, Sweden could face consequences if countries move to join NATO

JustMePatrick

https://www.foxnews.com/world/russia-finland-sweden-nato

By Louis Casiano

A Russian official on Friday issued a warning to Finland and Sweden should both nations intend to join NATO, saying such moves would have "serious military-political repercussions."

During a news briefing, Russian foreign ministry spokesperson Maria Zakharova made the remarks as Russian forces continue to battle the Ukrainian military following an unprovoked invasion into the neighboring country.

"Finland and Sweden should not base their security on damaging the security of other countries and their accession to NATO can have detrimental consequences and face some military and political consequences," she said in a video clip.

DWB

Bad omens and people are dying.

The really sad fact is we know absolutely nothing except what the Biden admin and the MSM is telling us, which is worthless as far as the truth is concerned. Things like "hands up don't shoot", "Russian collusion", "Epstein killed himself", "2 weeks to slow the spread", "a vaccine will never be mandated", "the vaccine works", "masks prevent infection", and "the most accurate election in history" do not give me any confidence in either. We have constantly been lied too over and over again. We have had highly pertinent info withheld time and time again. And now in a potential global war we are supposed to forget about the past and believe they are now telling us the truth.

Not happening captain. "I won't be fooled again". I actually believed Putin over my own govt, I was wrong, but I have zero confidence I am being told the truth by my govt or the MSM. Both have lost my trust.

Mr Hill

Bad omens and people are dying.

The really sad fact is we know absolutely nothing except what the Biden admin and the MSM is telling us, which is worthless as far as the truth is concerned. Things like "hands up don't shoot", "Russian collusion", "Epstein killed himself", "2 weeks to slow the spread", "a vaccine will never be mandated", "the vaccine works", "masks prevent infection", and "the most accurate election in history" do not give me any confidence in either. We have constantly been lied too over and over again. We have had highly pertinent info withheld time and time again. And now in a potential global war we are supposed to forget about the past and believe they are now telling us the truth.

Not happening captain. "I won't be fooled again". I actually believed Putin over my own govt, I was wrong, but I have zero confidence I am being told the truth by my govt or the MSM. Both have lost my trust.
When Putin makes these threats, he means what he says. This is not a politician, or your average two-bit banana republic dictator we are dealing with here. He is ex-KGB and I believe he is a guy that thinks things through very carefully. He has more than likely planned ahead for the sanctions that we are throwing at him, and is prepared to deal with the consequences. That's what really scares me about this. Short of military action, there may be nothing much we can do to stop this. I just hope we are not witnessing the start of World War III here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Hill

When Putin makes these threats, he means what he says. This is not a politician, or your average two-bit banana republic dictator we are dealing with here. He is ex-KGB and I believe he is a guy that thinks things through very carefully. He has more than likely planned ahead for the sanctions that we are throwing at him, and is prepared to deal with the consequences. That's what really scares me about this. Short of military action, there may be nothing much we can do to stop this. I just hope we are witnessing the start of World War III here.
Yikes! I meant to say I hope we AREN'T witnessing the start of World War III here.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Dear God, it's awesome and exciting and faith-strengthening watching prophecy unfold in front of us . . .
. . . sitting-on-the-front-of-my-chair exciting . . . cant-sit-still exciting . . . don't-want-to-go-to-sleep-because-I-don't-want-to-miss-anything exciting . . .

Please hurry up :rapture . . . (so I don't get so excited that I fall off my chair in anticipation and excitement :rotfl :rofl

Can't wait . . . feeling like I'm going to just pop right out of my skin :hank

:pray :pray :amen :amen

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper:waltz

Last edited:

Joseph The Carpenter

It started with the President of Finland, then the President of France saying Putin is not in his right mind, not stable. Now all the media is repeating it.
NATO is supplying the weapons that are killing Russian troops. I would bet Putin considers that an act of war.
Is it just a coincidence that as soon as covid is over the war starts.

cheeky200386

Sounds like it's all right on time. We can't have the economy collapse without starting a war now can we.

It does become a bit comical how predictable these things become when you look at history. Thankfully God is more powerful than all the plans any man makes. I pray we are able to endure what lies ahead.

GHoe

I found the below information (in quotes) from a Gzeromedia.com article dated Feb 19th. Although written 2 days before Russia's recognition of the two regions (Feb 21st), it kind of feels like a back door for NATO to justify entry in the conflict at some point, if they so choose. (I believe Biden parroted this statement but I couldn't locate the quote)

And although not pertinent to this thread, I wouldn't be surprised if "A" government took this opportunity to run false flag events on its people in the name of Russian aggression, to further their agendas. I know slightly tin foilish but nevertheless reality.

"Mircea Geoană, Deputy Secretary General of NATO, says that when the alliance decided that cyber should be considered an “operational domain,” the bloc also made the call that a “massive cyber attack” on one member state could trigger Article 5 of NATO’s Washington Treaty. This strikes at the heart of the alliance’s defense clause, which states that an attack on one country is considered an attack on all allies."

heisable2

Dear God, it's awesome and exciting and faith-strengthening watching prophecy unfold in front of us . . .
. . . sitting-on-the-front-of-my-chair exciting . . . cant-sit-still exciting . . . don't-want-to-go-to-sleep-because-I-don't-want-to-miss-anything exciting . . .

Please hurry up :rapture . . . (so I don't get so excited that I fall off my chair in anticipation and excitement :rotfl :rofl

Can't wait . . . feeling like I'm going to just pop right out of my skin :hank

:pray :pray :amen :amen

:hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper :hyper:waltz
Oh my! You're enthusiasm reminds me of when a teacher told her little students they didn't have to wear a mask anymore. Looking at all of your little jumping jack emojis is possibly more enthusiastic than the students. I like the one where one of those little guys go straight up in the air. It was a good pictorial of joy. Have a blessed day.