Russia moves closer to pulling out of arms treaty with US

Almost Heaven

MOSCOW (AP) — Russia has moved closer to suspending its participation in a key nuclear arms treaty.
The State Duma on Tuesday voted overwhelmingly to support President Vladimir Putin’s decree to suspend Russia’s obligations under the 1987 Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces treaty with the United States.
The move comes after the U.S. gave notice of its intention to withdraw from the INF in February, setting the stage for it to terminate in six months unless Moscow returns to compliance. Russia has denied any breaches, and accused the U.S. of violating the pact.
Putin has warned the U.S. against deploying new missiles in Europe, saying that Russia will retaliate by fielding new fast weapons that will take just as little time to reach their targets.

https://apnews.com/647924c5f99949398b44df3ea17cd0f0

athenasius

How much money would we save if war wasn't a thing? I have to think much more of our taxes go to war than what we are told, or what shows in any budget.
:frown
It is sad, and a very telling point about the hearts of unsaved mankind. The waste of resources on war. But wars are inevitable. Because of our wicked hearts. Till Jesus takes His rightful place and rules from Jerusalem for 1000 years. And at the end of that time, there will STILL be those determined to make war on Christ.

The balancing argument on this side of the Millennium is how many lives and how much would we lose if we don't act when we should? The cost of lost opportunities.

If Britain and Europe stood against Nazi Germany in the early years, they would have saved the continent a massive bloodletting, yet the "peacemakers" who like Chamberlain delayed till war was inevitable, did so on the backs of 6.5 million Jews and countless others who lost their lives, not to mention the combatants. And the other countries in Europe outside of a precious few, succumbed to Hitler's invasions. So their choice was futile. They could have at least TRIED to save themselves, but they were too caught by the perils on all sides, and like Obama's stupid deal with Iran, they chose to delay hoping that somehow disaster could be averted without cost, without bloodshed. It doesn't work that way.

Those who value freedom must defend it.

The problem is not that we could save money if we didn't have wars, --that is not even possible, because we are humankind and our hearts are desperately wicked. Wars are an inevitable reality.

The costs are the lives we don't save when we choose to delay. Or the lives we take when we act too quickly or without understanding the costs.

The flip side right now is the people in Russia, and Iran and other bad countries who are coming to Christ.

I could see Trump staying his hand, and not dealing with Iran the other day to save lives and I think he did so by the leading of the Lord. Right now it is God and God alone who is preventing all out war.

DanLMP

Right now it is God and God alone who is preventing all out war.
This is the big item. Considering ALL of the provocations that have happened in the ME over the past 5ish years it is shocking to me that WWIII is not already raging.

Evidently something in God's timetable is not ready or something still needs to happen for God to stop restraining the war(s) that wants to happen.

I'm hoping it's the fact that His Church is still here but suspect that something else is in play too.