Russia may be planning large-scale nuclear test near Ukraine border

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Russia may be planning large-scale nuclear test near Ukraine border
NATO intelligence briefing details Russian plan to test nuclear "doomsday weapon" as show of strength.
Israel National News
Oct 4, 2022

Russia may be planning a major nuclear test near the border with Ukraine, with officials in Kyiv worried enough to be distributing potassium iodide tablets in case of a nuclear strike. According to a report in the Times of London, NATO has sent an intelligence briefing to member nations alleging that Moscow is close to testing “doomsday” Poseidon nuclear torpedo drones. Earlier in the week it was revealed that a high tech Russian nuclear submarine reportedly carrying a “doomsday weapon” had gone missing from an Arctic harbor base where it had been docked since July.

more............ https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/360785

Wally

Choose your words carefully...
It is comforting to know God has this. Yet it is sad to see people with such power running off the rails.

Lord, You hold kings in your hand. You raise up, You bring down,
You allow pride to grow, You Humble.

Demonstrate Your power in the life of Vladimir Putin and those supporting him. Humble him and work in his heart. Stop this madness of war and draw people to the table of reason and peace. Help them to stop believing their own lies.
And do not spare those who think more of themselves than they should. For certainly there has been a failure on all parts to address grievances as selfishness or complacency have dulled many. Call all leaders to account.

Your will, Your Word will be fulfilled. Forgive us any anxiousness. We know we can trust You fully.
Lord be Glorified. May we have revival and be drawn to you Lord Jesus.

Lord your bride awaits. Let her be spotless before You living in faith, confident in Your Word.

Footsteps

General Curtis Lemay wanted to do a “demonstration shot” in a deserted area to
show the Japanese the effect of a nuclear bomb. But we only had two bombs at the time. We
had to use them both to make their Emperor
surrender.
We don’t need a “demonstration” in 2022. We
watched Tsar Bomba explode in a 100 megaton “test” in 1961. We already know what Putin has and there will be no impetus to cave to his incompetent
military unless he blows up something in
Ukraine.

Wally

Even if God demonstrated His power, evil men will still refuse to believe... even acknowledge Him.

Many walked right next to Jesus, and would not believe.

But for the prayers of a righteous man, God may yet intercede.

Not our will, but Thine be done. Amen Lord Jesus.

athenasius

For everyone who thinks Russia wouldn't do this because the wind blows towards Russia, they won't hesitate once they decide.

They already bought their iodine supplies to protect their people, both army and civilian in harms way.

They have historically NEVER cared about their own people's individual survival as long as Mother Russia survives. It's a VERY different mindset from the West where we see the value of the individual as making up the value and strength of the state.

MapleLeaf

For everyone who thinks Russia wouldn't do this because the wind blows towards Russia, they won't hesitate once they decide.

They already bought their iodine supplies to protect their people, both army and civilian in harms way.

They have historically NEVER cared about their own people's individual survival as long as Mother Russia survives. It's a VERY different mindset from the West where we see the value of the individual as making up the value and strength of the state.
Do we still value the individual? I think our leaders and cultural institutions have been working very hard to push the whole "greater good" narrative as well. It's just easier for our leaders to view us all as pawns on a chessboard.

I am still viewing this as more of a Cold War situation for the most part (obviously the war in Ukraine is real) and that the FEAR of a nuclear war will be very useful to both parties. Not sure how long they can keep it under control. The Cuban Missile Crisis almost got away from them. It's quite arrogant to think they can play this game. So maybe things will go hot but I'm not convinced the leaders want the nuclear war to go hot...at least until they can cement a way to contain it at the "tactical" level because they still have to live on this planet and will need some sort of habitable zone.

Benjamin8147

Russia is preparing for possible retaliation once nuclear missiles are used. There has been no indication of their need in Ukraine, unless USA/NATO sends long range weapon systems into Ukraine to attack Moscow. Russia would use nuclear against countries that put these systems in Ukraine (United States). Russia also has one of the most complex bunker systems in the world, in sheer numbers of them. They might not be perfect but they have been doing more since 2016 to prepare them back up to their stands to save a majority of their population, even if in a 3rd World state. America has let our entire fallout shelter system disintegrate, except for those designed to protect our politicians or those that can afford their own.

If you go and listen to the speeches Putin has put out since Feb, he has been warning the West (America) about their involvement in spheres of the world we have no business in. Meddling in governments and thwarting them for their own financial gain and leaving those countries in a 3rd world state afterwards. Much of Ukraine is like this prior to the war and we sent millions there before this conflict. We did the same in the Middle East, and in Asia.

You also have the #2 and #3 World powers, both with hypersonic weapon systems, aligned together against America and their actions against them in the world. We have no current able system to destroy those missiles and have yet to manufacture our own. America has no defense if those systems are used, as the only optimal time to destroy those systems are during, immediately after, launch. Once they are flying full speed we can't stop them.

Wally

Years ago, the world held the notion no one wins a nuclear war.

USSR refused to accept that. Even Dr Strangelove [as well as science fiction writers] proposed it was indeed possible to survive the war and winter that followed.
The soviets took note and started building.
How much still exists and the quality of such facilities remains unknown, but surely the elite have bunkers and means of survival.

War is often based on confidence. And when that confidence base has eroded it either leads to some kind of peace/stalemate,
or creeps into maniacal slaughter. So far it seems the US military has a healthy perception of those possibilities.

May God grant all leaders wisdom for all will suffer if they fail, provided the Lord does not directly intervene.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
America has let our entire fallout shelter system disintegrate, except for those designed to protect our politicians or those that can afford their own.

What fallout shelter system? I'm aware of shelter for Federal civilian leadership and military HQ operations but I don't think there has been a fallout shelter system for citizens in the US, aside from from the space under school desks, anyway.

Wally

There are a few places that still have the Fall Out Shelter Trident.

Most are on very old school/hospital buildings... many of which have been sold or demolished for new shelter-less buildings.

The safest places would be underground Data-centers. But like the wealthy's bunkers, they are not public.

Benjamin8147

What fallout shelter system? I'm aware of shelter for Federal civilian leadership and military HQ operations but I don't think there has been a fallout shelter system for citizens in the US, aside from from the space under school desks, anyway.

All the locations in cities marked with the identification system. Yellow metal sign with black emblem on it.

This used to be a stipulation in construction on designation of places but that is long gone.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
I think there is a Methodist church here in town that has some type of emblem on it that indicates it can be used for a shelter.
But who would make it in time? Not me. I wouldn't want to go without my family anyhow.

Wally

I don't understand why Putin would nuke a territory he wants, when it would make the soil radioactive for 100 years or whatever it does. It would make it uninhabitable. I don't get it.
He is mad as a hatter.
And so self deceived that if he and his circle are backed into a corner, or think they can get away with it...

I believe the only thing protecting us is God's hands around the heart of someone with a Makarov who is brave enough to stop this madness should it take that step.