Russia launches biggest airstrikes since start of Ukraine war

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Russia launches biggest airstrikes since start of Ukraine war
Attacks across Ukrainian cities during Monday rush hour • Power, water, heat knocked out in swaths of country
By REUTERS
Published: OCTOBER 10, 2022

Russia rained cruise missiles on busy Ukrainian cities on Monday in what the United States called "horrific strikes," killing civilians and knocking out power and heat with its most widespread air attacks since the start of the war.

Missiles tore into intersections, parks and tourist sites in the capital Kyiv and explosions were reported in Lviv, Ternopil and Zhytomyr in western Ukraine, Dnipro and Kremenchuk in the center, Zaporizhzhia in the south and Kharkiv in the east. Ukrainian officials said at least 11 people were killed and scores injured and suspended electricity exports to Europe while it tried to end blackouts across the country.

more............ https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-719299

athenasius

It's interesting Putin didn't bomb Odessa. I was expecting Kiev and Lviv (old spelling, I'm used to it so I use it) but as expected the West, the Centre and the South got hit, just with slightly different targets in the south.

Those are the very same areas I expect Putin to hit with nukes if he doesn't get what he wants. He is turning up the volume.

Knocking out the infrastructure as winter sets in, is a very classic Russian tactic. Europe having some problems with their electric grid as a result is a bonus from Putin's point of view.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
@athenasius I am starting to see your view point about Putin more and more. You warned from the beginning that he is evil and would do anything to win his war.

Perhaps these truly are the events that lead to Gog/Magog. Exciting yet very sobering.

Wally

Choose your words carefully...
It makes you want to fling a daisy cutter [MOAB] into Red Square.

The problem is these are psychotic maniacs bent on murdering. - It would be like swatting a hornet nest.

And sadly, many of those who could force a change in USSR have left the country.

It would be nice if the countries receiving some of these people would give them an AK and say go back and fix YOUR problem.....

Yea, it's not that simple, but I suspect someone will come along with a super cool idea on how to fix this. We will probably call him Gort.