Russia in First Ever Joint Air Patrol With Syria and It’s Along Israeli-Held Golan

Lovin Jesus

MOSCOW, January 24. /TASS/. Russian and Syrian military pilots have conducted a joint air patrol mission along the Golan Heights and the Euphrates River, the Russian Defense Ministry said in a statement.

“The mission’s route ran along the Golan Heights, the southern border, the Euphrates River and over northern Syria,” the statement reads. “Russian pilots took off from the Hmeymim Air Base, while Syrians took off from the Seikal and Dumayr airfields outside Damascus,” the ministry added.

According to the Russian Defense Ministry, the mission involved Russia’s Su-34 and Su-35 aircraft and the A-50 early warning and control aircraft, as well as Syria’s MiG-23 and MiG-29 planes. “During the patrol mission, Syrian pilots controlled airspace and provided fighter cover, while Russian crews practiced attacks on ground targets,” the statement specified. The ministry said that pilots had practiced strikes on air targets and ground targets at a training range in central Syria.

Read more:
https://ussanews.com/russia-in-firs...-with-syria-and-its-along-israeli-held-golan/

Last edited:

Lovin Jesus

Certainly trying to make their presence known that's for sure, i wonder what Israel thinks of this
Upon hearing about Russia military having live drills planned with Syrian military (using live weapons) in Syria at the Golan Heights struck me with the question, could this start engagement with Israel and leads to the destruction of Damascus? That's why I posted it here.

Trawdaddy

Upon hearing about Russia military having live drills planned with Syrian military (using live weapons) in Syria at the Golan Heights struck me with the question, could this start engagement with Israel and leads to the destruction of Damascus? That's why I posted it here.
That was my first thought also.

daygo

How is Russia categorized, as a European nation or Asian?..I always thought it was European...but, it seems to never get along with Europe and seems to like the middle and far east...the region the country is in has always confused me..
Very good question never thought along those lines, think they're on their own like Iceland, don't know what Iceland belongs to either come to think of it, thinking hmm.

Footsteps

Woke linguists, having covered pronouns, have taken on geography. “Eurasian” is the politically correct term for citizens of either Spain or Siberia.
Other continentally correct names:

Canada, United States, Mexico, and Latin America:
LatineXica

Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and Iran:
Palestine

Bermuda, Bahamas, Cuba, and Puerto Rico:
Waterworld

Footsteps

The Numenoreans were the most noble race of men in the First Age. They ruled Middle Earth but became divided when an evil wizard named Soros the Scumbucket cleverly used flattery and deception to cause the Numenorean Civil War. The cultured Numenoreans cancel cultured each other to extinction before the Second Age began. Legends tell of a small but beautiful green land that once harbored the surviving Numenoreans, but a troublous local tribe of thieves called the Leper Cons used the Scumbucket manual to cause further strife and division, reducing the country, though still lush and green, to a band of ire-driven rioters, sneak thieves filled with ire, and angry burnt-out drunks now known as Ireland.*
*the above narrative is fictional and any resemblance to an actual nation, people, or culture is meant for entertainment purposes only. Look for our next narrative “The Heroic Deeds of Joe and Jill” written by the author of “The Fall of Jack and Jill”.

katt

Very good question never thought along those lines, think they're on their own like Iceland, don't know what Iceland belongs to either come to think of it, thinking hmm.
Am thinking if Antarctica was livable many of the colder nations like norway, Greenland etc. Would be considered Antarctican..

katt

The Numenoreans were the most noble race of men in the First Age. They ruled Middle Earth but became divided when an evil wizard named Soros the Scumbucket cleverly used flattery and deception to cause the Numenorean Civil War. The cultured Numenoreans cancel cultured each other to extinction before the Second Age began. Legends tell of a small but beautiful green land that once harbored the surviving Numenoreans, but a troublous local tribe of thieves called the Leper Cons used the Scumbucket manual to cause further strife and division, reducing the country, though still lush and green, to a band of ire-driven rioters, sneak thieves filled with ire, and angry burnt-out drunks now known as Ireland.*
*the above narrative is fictional and any resemblance to an actual nation, people, or culture is meant for entertainment purposes only. Look for our next narrative “The Heroic Deeds of Joe and Jill” written by the author of “The Fall of Jack and Jill”.
Am looking forward to the heroic deeds Joe and Jill, what's taking so long?