Russia, China Investing in Submarines to Threaten U.S. Homeland: Pentagon

Uturn9319

" Military officials have long warned that Russian submarines have become increasingly sophisticated and more difficult for American forces to track. U.S. Navy Vice Admiral Andrew Lewis, for example, said in February that the east coast can no longer be considered a "safe haven" for American ships given Russian submarine activity."

He noted that both Russia and China have been advancing their anti-satellite capabilitiesweapons that could be used to blind American forces in the event of conflict.

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-china-investing-submarines-threaten-us-homeland-pentagon-1521267

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Anti-satellite capabilities concern me more than the submarine issue. Our military used to rely on redundant capabilities to help ensure mission success. As GPS was deployed we began to rely on that more and more and to let go of other means of navigation and targetting. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to mess with GPS during war, and that could leave us quite unable to perform whatever military activities would be required of us in a war against one or more of the other powers.

Uturn9319

Anti-satellite capabilities concern me more than the submarine issue. Our military used to rely on redundant capabilities to help ensure mission success. As GPS was deployed we began to rely on that more and more and to let go of other means of navigation and targetting. I would imagine it wouldn't be too hard to mess with GPS during war, and that could leave us quite unable to perform whatever military activities would be required of us in a war against one or more of the other powers.
What would a US army of millennials and Gen Z's do without their GPS and satellites?

athenasius

What I don’t like is the cooperation between China and Russia who both have friendly ties with Iran and North Korea.

Like a criminal gang where one distracts, the other picks the pocket. Only potentially far more deadly.

Not unlike Japan & Germany in WW2.

Lovin Jesus

What I don’t like is the cooperation between China and Russia who both have friendly ties with Iran and North Korea.

Like a criminal gang where one distracts, the other picks the pocket. Only potentially far more deadly.

Not unlike Japan & Germany in WW2.
The thought has come to my mind whether the US could be attacked by Russia, China, Iran or N Korea, all of who are a big threat right now. I mean, the US is not mentioned in prophecy I know but that doesn’t mean a war can’t break out anyway because a few wars have already broke out over time in various countries including WW1 and 2, and isolated wars here and there and of course the Middle East has had no real peace for thousands of years. What Im getting at is I think it could be possible for the US to be attacked by any of it’s adversaries. Idk. Everything is so crazy my brain is overthinking.

Last edited:

athenasius

I still think it’s the Rapture that makes America disappear from the world stage. But I always get a little twitchy when I see a few of the bad guys huddled together cooperating.

In this case they are just conveniently expanding at the same time— 1 in the Pacific- the other in both the Pacific & Atlantic.

Right when Iran & North Korea are trying to build working launch capable nukes.

its the time we are living in.

Lovin Jesus

I still think it’s the Rapture that makes America disappear from the world stage. But I always get a little twitchy when I see a few of the bad guys huddled together cooperating.

In this case they are just conveniently expanding at the same time— 1 in the Pacific- the other in both the Pacific & Atlantic.

Right when Iran & North Korea are trying to build working launch capable nukes.

its the time we are living in.
Yeah, you’re right. They are likely just keeping US herded and diverted to keep it from getting in the way from what they really want.....Israel.

Last edited: