Russia and Saudi Arabia spark unprecedented oil war amid coronavirus threats

DanLMP

Earlier in this thread it was mentioned about a Dem President in the future.

If we make a few assuumptions, and the rapture happened soon, who would likely be the US President? #3 is speaker of the House - Pelosi.
Assumption: Trump and Pence both go in the Rapture.

If the Rapture happens before the election - Pelosi. Then they would have an election (assuming they don't declare martial law and cancel the election) and it would probably be Biden depending on what Republican was able to cobble together a quick campaign.

If we are Raptured after the election, using the same initial assumption, it would be whoever happened to become SOTH. In a Republican controlled House, the SOTH is unknown. In a Democratic controlled House, it would be Pelosi, unless the Dems are so disenchanted with her for her mishandling of the Trump impeachment.

But the idea of Pelosi becoming President under any circumstances gives me the heebie-jeebies.

SkyRider

Still 3.19 gal in San Bernardino California
Good old San Berdoo and the Inland Empire. I used to be based at the old Norton Air Force Base in San Bernadino back in the early 80s, but lived up in a cabin in Cedar Pines Park by Lake Arrowhead. Loved it up there with its view of Silverado Lake below and the high desert towns of Apple Valley and Victorville.

Gas in Tennesse is a whopping $1.78 a gallon, so ‘read ‘em and weep’! Oop, sorry. As a former Golden-Stater ( and can it still be considered the Golden State with all the damage inflicted upon it by the leftist nut jobs? More like fools gold now) I still love to visit but could not live there anymore. All the taxes they have added there to the price of gas makes for ridiculously high prices. We have no refineries in Tennessee but pay at least a dollar less a gallon than you guys/gals in California.

SkyRider

We paid 2.29 today in Parker, Arizona....just before the California border. Diesel prices are down pretty decent too so were are talking about filling up the motorhome. It holds 150 gallons. Not a cheap top off at any price.
Also used to go to “the River” there in Parker (Colorado River) with my buddies in the mid 70s. Great combination of red rock, warm temps and a “cool” river.

Lovin Jesus

Good old San Berdoo and the Inland Empire. I used to be based at the old Norton Air Force Base in San Bernadino back in the early 80s, but lived up in a cabin in Cedar Pines Park by Lake Arrowhead. Loved it up there with its view of Silverado Lake below and the high desert towns of Apple Valley and Victorville.

Gas in Tennesse is a whopping $1.78 a gallon, so ‘read ‘em and weep’! Oop, sorry. As a former Golden-Stater ( and can it still be considered the Golden State with all the damage inflicted upon it by the leftist nut jobs? More like fools gold now) I still love to visit but could not live there anymore. All the taxes they have added there to the price of gas makes for ridiculously high prices. We have no refineries in Tennessee but pay at least a dollar less a gallon than you guys/gals in California.
Thinking the high price is due to our

Im thinking the high price is due to our good ol gas taxes

ama2rRedux

... I think that people become anxious ... and it's easy to upset them or cause panic. The media takes advantage ... and manipulate the public with it.
This is so true, and I am so guilty this morning of allowing myself to be manipulated last night that it hurts.

So. I called my oldest sister, “Lily,” just to say hi and see how she’s doing. It had been a few weeks since we’d spoken, mainly because I know how hard she is to talk to when anything particularly dramatic or controversial is going on in the world. I love my big sis, but Lily is a staunch democrat who absolutely loathes Donald Trump beyond any reasonable level of sanity. What’s worse is that it consumes her life. She immerses herself in MSNBC 24/7/365, which often keeps her in a semi-perpetual panic mode. I’ve long made it a habit NOT to discuss politics with her, even peripherally. A light-hearted reminder when she edges into politicking usually works, but sometimes it takes more of a, “Lily? Stop! You know this topic is off-limits.”

Last night, I let her get to me. We were talking about Covid19, just general stuff about what was going on near us (different states). It was risky, I know, but frankly, there’s not much else to talk about with everyone quarantined away from friends, daily activities, and other interesting stuff we could otherwise share. Coronavirus inevitably led her to a lengthy diatribe over Pres. Trump, and instead of ignoring the bait and suggesting we “go bowling instead of fishing,” I took the worm. Hook, line, and sinker. Lily is a gaslighting pro, so when we finally hung up, I was frustrated, angry, and in knots - at her AND at myself. And guilty. So guilty before the Lord for even allowing the conversation to happen.

This Shelter In Place order must be getting to me way more than I’d imagined.

Today, I just feel wrung out. I laid it all before the Lord, absolutely, but so far haven’t felt like calling Lily back. For one thing, I can’t actually regret the words I used. Or the way I expressed them, or even my tone. My regret is that I took the bait when I feel the Lord would’ve had me be silent. I could be wrong, but it stands to reason that I wouldn’t have felt so frustrated, knotted and remorseful before Him if it’s what He had wanted me to do.

Thanks for listening. Just needed to share this somewhere.

DanLMP

If an apology is necessary my suggestion would be to do it by text. It will avoid another back-and-forth.

And if you do think an apology is necessary then don't necessarily expect a return apology. An apology is something you are doing to make things right with another person. The other person needs to decide for themselves what to do.

Either way, blood will always be thicker than water.

athenasius

Today, I just feel wrung out. I laid it all before the Lord, absolutely, but so far haven’t felt like calling Lily back. For one thing, I can’t actually regret the words I used. Or the way I expressed them, or even my tone. My regret is that I took the bait when I feel the Lord would’ve had me be silent. I could be wrong, but it stands to reason that I wouldn’t have felt so frustrated, knotted and remorseful before Him if it’s what He had wanted me to do.

First off :hug
Second don't be too sure that something you said wasn't exactly what she needed to hear, in the intensity it needed to penetrate. Not always, but SOMETIMES we end up saying stuff that they wouldn't listen to otherwise, that needs to be heard.

If you feel you should have been silent and are repenting, that is quite true too, it might be. But it might not be.

And we are very human. We aren't perfect, and this is a super trying situation.

My sympathies! And praying you don't beat yourself up over it now that you've taken it to the Lord in repentance. Do what the Lord shows you to do, and leave it with Him.

:pray

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
But with the latest Congressional action for the virus bail-out all you will see is inflation.
You're absolutely correct. I've been telling my family members that they'll get their small payout from the Federal govmint and as a result of this 2.2 trillion debt addition the prices of just about everything will increase by about 25% and will gobble up that $1200 many times over.

Kenny64

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The % of inflation mentioned based on this bailout law alone is something I just pulled out of my hat, but it will lead to significant inflation and will cost every American much more than $1200, and that cost will continue to increase as time goes on. The biggest reason why a candy bar that used to cost 5 cents now costs over a dollar, or a loaf of bread that cost 10 cents now costs a few dollars is because of government deficit spending. The more deficit spending, the larger our debt grows, the more it grows the less value the dollar holds. A dollar today is only worth about the same as 2 or 3 pennies were in the fifties and sixties. We all pay dearly for our government's overspending. All Americans will be paying for that $1200 check every day for the rest of our lives. We might as well enjoy those checks, but know that they come at a very, very high price.