Roof of Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral collapses, engulfed by fire

Meagin Ganus

Maybe it’s a foreshadowing of Babylon burning. Sure it’s beautiful and historical. But Catholicism has been the scourge of true Christianity for centuries. I mean, Revelation does tell us that all the people will lament over Babylon. It makes you wonder. As they say... nothing takes God by surprise. I personally think it was an act of arson and terrorism. France has a huge problem on their hands.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
But it's an ideal way for any random terrorist to sabotage France, plus attack France's Christian heritage and not get blamed for the terrorism.
The point is, if it's accidental it is not a source of terror. By definition, terrorism must cause terror. Therefore, those who cause terror take credit for it so that they can remove any thought of accident and let the world know it was done on purpose. Otherwise they have simply wasted their time. My guess is that this is either sheer accident, gross carelessness, or gross incompetence. And given the featherbed, nepotistic, corrupt history of labor unions in France, my money is on gross incompetence.

pixelpusher

I wonder if somehow on the other side of this we will have moved a step closer to uniting man’s religions.

It is something of a shame for the loss of the art & architecture, but I care not a whit for the continued deception of the Rcc, or saved artifacts and relics. Or the continued broadcast equality of Christianity and Catholicism.

It’s essentially the same thing as if the Ashera poles were burning.

Lord, may many see through the smoke and find The Truth that is Christ.

OnlyHim

My first thought: "Father, are you trying to tell us something?"
I think He might be reminding us that this world is not our home and soon all of the Notre Dames of the world will be destroyed. Our faith is not in buildings nor artifacts (though it is disheartening to see their loss) where moth and rust destroy. Our faith is in the one true Living Christ and soon He is coming back.

Anewcreationinjesus

I wonder if somehow on the other side of this we will have moved a step closer to uniting man’s religions.

It is something of a shame for the loss of the art & architecture, but I care not a whit for the continued deception of the Rcc, or saved artifacts and relics. Or the continued broadcast equality of Christianity and Catholicism.

It’s essentially the same thing as if the Ashera poles were burning.

Lord, may many see through the smoke and find The Truth that is Christ.
THIS !!!!!!

Hidden

Something I'll never understand.
It's simple, actually. Most in the left are unbelievers and most unbelievers are offended by the obvious superiority of the Judeo-Christian values among other worldviews. They look at history and they see the overwhelming positive influence and achievements of countries with Judeo-Christian underpinnings, so they embrace anything and everything that goes against it.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
It's simple, actually. Most in the left are unbelievers and most unbelievers are offended by the obvious superiority of the Judeo-Christian values among other worldviews. They look at history and they see the overwhelming positive influence and achievements of countries with Judeo-Christian underpinnings, so they embrace anything and everything that goes against it.
Very well said. :thumbup