Roof of Paris' Notre Dame Cathedral collapses, engulfed by fire

Discussion in 'Breaking News & World Events' started by Kaatje, Apr 15, 2019.

1. DWB

DWB Well-Known Member

I doubt it. The left has to protect the muzzies at all costs!

Círeth, athenasius, Hidden and 7 others like this.
  2. Meagin Ganus

Meagin Ganus New Member

Maybe it’s a foreshadowing of Babylon burning. Sure it’s beautiful and historical. But Catholicism has been the scourge of true Christianity for centuries. I mean, Revelation does tell us that all the people will lament over Babylon. It makes you wonder. As they say... nothing takes God by surprise. I personally think it was an act of arson and terrorism. France has a huge problem on their hands.

3. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Isn't it amazing that they saved the crown of thorns! There is something fishy with this it does sound like arson/terrorism. It is strange that the fire trucks didn't get there. I am no fan of the RCC Cathedral's or their false teachings!

Círeth, athenasius, fl2007rn and 8 others like this.
  4. ByGod'sGrace

ByGod'sGrace Well-Known Member

I was shocked when I saw this in the news today, then realized that someday this will be basically the whole world during the Tribulation. It made me incredibly sad.

5. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

The point is, if it's accidental it is not a source of terror. By definition, terrorism must cause terror. Therefore, those who cause terror take credit for it so that they can remove any thought of accident and let the world know it was done on purpose. Otherwise they have simply wasted their time. My guess is that this is either sheer accident, gross carelessness, or gross incompetence. And given the featherbed, nepotistic, corrupt history of labor unions in France, my money is on gross incompetence.

6. Spartan Sprinter 1

Spartan Sprinter 1 Well-Known Member

Was this the real crown of thorns fro Jesus or another artifact similar to the shroud of Turin etc ?

Círeth, athenasius, Hidden and 3 others like this.
  7. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

No, not unless someone revered that crown so much,
    that they would take it home, after our Lord was taken from the cross.
    As a keepsake for the then future RCC. Beggars belief, don’t you think?

8. Cindy S.

Cindy S. Well-Known Member

Me too.

9. Joseph The Carpenter

Joseph The Carpenter Well-Known Member

Most Roman Catholic "artifacts" were found by Helena, the mother of Emperor Constantine about three hundred years after the Resurrection of Christ JESUS.
    I do not believe this "crown" is real.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
  10. Spartan Sprinter 1

Spartan Sprinter 1 Well-Known Member

yeah a bit odd that the catholic church has dibs on all of these artifacts !!!!!!!!! I thought it sounded a bit fishy

11. pixelpusher

pixelpusher Well-Known Member

I wonder if somehow on the other side of this we will have moved a step closer to uniting man’s religions.

It is something of a shame for the loss of the art & architecture, but I care not a whit for the continued deception of the Rcc, or saved artifacts and relics. Or the continued broadcast equality of Christianity and Catholicism.

It’s essentially the same thing as if the Ashera poles were burning.

Lord, may many see through the smoke and find The Truth that is Christ.

12. SBH29

SBH29 Well-Known Member

Something I'll never understand.

13. greg64

greg64 Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. If it was terror, the French government might try to suppress it, but the terrorists themselves would loudly take credit so there would be no hiding it.

14. pixelpusher

pixelpusher Well-Known Member

I reckon Romans 1:28 covers it. Brains are addled.

15. OnlyHim

OnlyHim Well-Known Member

I think He might be reminding us that this world is not our home and soon all of the Notre Dames of the world will be destroyed. Our faith is not in buildings nor artifacts (though it is disheartening to see their loss) where moth and rust destroy. Our faith is in the one true Living Christ and soon He is coming back.

16. Luke12

Luke12 Well-Known Member

It just looks mighty suspicious what with the "yellow-jacket" protests going on in France...and they were getting ugly....and this happening during Easter week ? plus this fire started a few minutes after it was closed ?

17. Anewcreationinjesus

Anewcreationinjesus Well-Known Member

THIS !!!!!!

18. Hidden

Hidden Well-Known Member

It's simple, actually. Most in the left are unbelievers and most unbelievers are offended by the obvious superiority of the Judeo-Christian values among other worldviews. They look at history and they see the overwhelming positive influence and achievements of countries with Judeo-Christian underpinnings, so they embrace anything and everything that goes against it.

19. mattfivefour

mattfivefour Administrator Staff Member

Very well said. :thumbup

20. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member