Rome’s Rejection of the Christian Faith

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Rome’s Rejection of the Christian Faith
By Mike Gendron

It is outrageous that so many of our evangelical leaders continue to promote unity with the apostate Roman Catholic Church. Rather than identify it as a huge mission field of 1.3 billion precious souls, they embrace it as a Christian denomination made up of brothers and sisters in Christ. Tragically, their fallacious position discourages their followers from evangelizing Catholics. We must set the record straight! Catholics need to be evangelized because their religion has rejected the Christian faith.

Rome Rejects the Supremacy of God’s Word​

God has exalted His name and His Word above all things (Ps. 138:2). “All Scripture is inspired by God and beneficial for teaching, for rebuke, for correction, for training in righteousness” (2 Tim. 3:16). Those who reject or dismiss God’s Word as their supreme authority fall into serious error and peril. Rome has done this by elevating its ungodly traditions, which have evolved over 1600 years, to be equal in authority with Scripture. Rome teaches that “Sacred Tradition and Sacred Scripture make up a single sacred deposit of the Word of God.”

Rome Rejects the Sufficiency of God’s Son​

Jesus is sufficient to save sinners completely by the offering of Himself once, for all sin, for all time (Heb. 7:25-27; 10:10; 14, 18). His blood is sufficient to purify every believer from every sin. His death is sufficient to cancel the eternal sin debt of every believer (Col. 2:14; 1 John 1:7). Rome rejects the sufficiency of Christ by continuing the work of redemption through the sacrifice of the Mass, and by promoting the fable of purgatory and the sacerdotal priesthood.

Rome Rejects the Singularity of God’s Gospel​

God’s one and only Gospel offers salvation by grace apart from merit, through faith in Christ alone, apart from works, according to Scripture alone (Eph. 2:8-9; 1 Cor. 15:1-4; Titus 3:5). Rome rejects this Gospel and offers a distorted gospel which brings condemnation on those who teach it (Gal. 1:6-9). Rome’s gospel requires Catholics to receive sacraments, observe the commandments, partake in the Eucharist, do good works, and obtain indulgences. Any perversion of the Gospel is ultimately the Devil’s delusion, which keeps his captives in religious bondage (2 Tim. 2:24-26).

Rome Rejects the Sovereignty of God’s Grace​

Clearly it is the will of God, not man’s will, that determines who will be born again and graciously adopted into the Father’s eternal family (John 1:12-13). Yet, Rome rejects God’s sovereignty by teaching it is the will of man through water baptism that determines who will be born of God. Rome says, “Baptism… makes the neophyte a new creature, an adopted son of God … and co-heir with Him.”

Rome Rejects the Security of God’s Children​

The promise of God’s Gospel is eternal life which is upheld by the power of God (1 Pet. 1:3-5). The Lord Jesus promises to keep those He has saved (John 6:37-39). This divine gift of eternal life can never be lost or revoked (John 10:28; Rom. 11:29). Rome rejects this assurance by saying those justified by water baptism who die in mortal sin will go to hell.

Hopefully this article will encourage Christians to recognize the urgent need to evangelize Catholics with the supreme authority of God’s Word and His glorious Gospel of grace!

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman-catholicism/romes-rejection-of-the-christian-faith/

SkyRider

Unfortunately, most Catholics don't realize that they are trusting in a false religious system. The enemy has them blinded from the truth of Scripture. If you're one of those who fled that organization to accept the truth of the one true gospel as laid out in God's Word, consider yourself blessed. For the others - where Catholicism is really just the default religion passed on to them by generations of family members raised in that system - the sad reality is that they won't know that they have been deceived until on the other side of eternity.

Christophilus

Alhough I didn't receive salvation until I was 30, I left the Catholic church when I was 17, because of doctrines that didn't sit right with me. Some of those were papal infallibility, Marianism, priests as mediators of grace, veneration of saints and the idolatry of statues, icons and relics, and of course, the whole "works" mentality. I spent years searching, first reading the Bible cover to cover, then the writings of all the major world religions, and some of the minor ones too. Finally, at a crisis point I turned my life over to Jesus, who was there all along and faithful ever since. And I still have doctrinal issues with the RCC...

heisable2

I was raised Catholic. 45 years ago a friend of mine who was an ex Catholic convinced me to go to an Assemblies of God Church. Honestly I was afraid to go cuz I was afraid to go to a Protestant church. I thought for sure a bolt of lightning would come and strike me dead. But I did go with an open heart and I heard a sermon but I felt waste written just for me. The songs that were sung that day were ones that I needed to hear. And I gave myself to Christ that day 45 years ago at Easter. My life has never been better.

I find it difficult talking to other Catholics because they are so entrenched in their beliefs. They pray to mother Mary thinking that she is going to be the answer to their prayers. My heart breaks when I hear that because I know it isn't true. Another friend of mine thinks that her father is in heaven because it was a good man.

45 years ago my father asked me how to get the peace that I had. I told them all he had to do was ask for it, and he did. He and Mom were both Catholics and they continue to go to mass on Sundays until the day they died. But their relationship with Jesus Christ is the thing that saved them. My father asked for Jesus to be a savior and I believe that my mother did the same because when I asked her about her faith she said Jesus is My Life. He's my life too and I pray for other Catholics to come to grips with how Catholics are twisting the truth about Jesus and Mary, etc.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
My Grandparents came to America from Sicily, and sadly they are all RCC, I know of no born again Spirit filled relatives, and my own family refuses to budge from that RCC sacrament/tradition strangle hold. My younger brother who I was very close to was killed in a head on crash last fall, he refused belief in Jesus alone for salvation, but he never attended RCC services, so maybe there is a chance he made it, he heard about Jesus enough to make the decision.

Batman

True on the entrenched Catholic faith. It's like a sort of emotional and bloodlines DNA tie and it's incredibly strong due to stubbornness or in many cases due to fear. I do believe Catholics are often open to the "new" information from the Scriptures that they regularly do not get and are told to stay away from; including eschatology. I've often wondered if they watch solid Protestant NT expository videos and videos on end times by equally solid speakers?

Wings Like Eagles

Unfortunately, most Catholics don't realize that they are trusting in a false religious system. The enemy has them blinded from the truth of Scripture. If you're one of those who fled that organization to accept the truth of the one true gospel as laid out in God's Word, consider yourself blessed. For the others - where Catholicism is really just the default religion passed on to them by generations of family members raised in that system - the sad reality is that they won't know that they have been deceived until on the other side of eternity.
Catholics who read their Bibles typically understand that Catholic dogma is full of baloney. But, that is why the Vatican places supremacy in the RCC instead of the Bible. A lot of priests discourage the reading and study of the Bible--because it causes the average Catholic to begin asking "awkward" questions. That is how my friend became an evangelical. She was a devout Catholic before she began to attend a Bible study class in her community--learning things there which caused her to ask questions of her priest. He told her that it was a "sin" to trust the Bible over church dogma. That is when she decided to get out of the RCC. There are a lot of N. American Catholics who are put off by much that is going on with the Vatican and this pope. It is to the point that there is talk that some Catholics will be forming their own independent churches. Interesting times.

SkyRider

Catholics who read their Bibles typically understand that Catholic dogma is full of baloney.

Then why stay in?? I always see comments about how there are true Christians who remain in the Catholic Church and maybe there are. But if they are familiar with scripture and have the presence of the Holy Spirit within them - who gives discernment and leads us to the Truth - how can they possibly remain a Catholic? Worshipping a wafer as Jesus, denying His gospel of grace and opt for the sacramental system instead, paying for your owns sins, and the litany of other false Catholic doctrines - why and how is it possible to worship in truth there? In my case, the breakaway moment came when the priest started to lead the congregation in worship songs to Mary. It finally dawned on me - after studying the Word - that I could not get involved in that kind of activity anymore. It was almost as if I got yanked out of my pew and then walked out of that nonsense for good.

If a person is fully aware of what is contained in the Bible regarding true salvation and what constitutes a false worship system and decides to remain in that false religion, in spite of knowing full well that certain aspects are blatantly wrong, then there must be a spiritual disconnect present to have no problem with continuing on in something that isn,t true biblical Christianity.

Wings Like Eagles

Then why stay in?? I always see comments about how there are true Christians who remain in the Catholic Church and maybe there are. But if they are familiar with scripture and have the presence of the Holy Spirit within them - who gives discernment and leads us to the Truth - how can they possibly remain a Catholic? Worshipping a wafer as Jesus, denying His gospel of grace and opt for the sacramental system instead, paying for your owns sins, and the litany of other false Catholic doctrines - why and how is it possible to worship in truth there? In my case, the breakaway moment came when the priest started to lead the congregation in worship songs to Mary. It finally dawned on me - after studying the Word - that I could not get involved in that kind of activity anymore. It was almost as if I got yanked out of my pew and then walked out of that nonsense for good.

If a person is fully aware of what is contained in the Bible regarding true salvation and what constitutes a false worship system and decides to remain in that false religion, in spite of knowing full well that certain aspects are blatantly wrong, then there must be a spiritual disconnect present to have no problem with continuing on in something that isn,t true biblical Christianity.
My friend who left the RCC says that most Catholics do depart once they realize the truth. It sets them free--just as you have been set free, thank God. Yes?

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I don’t believe that every Catholic is destined for the Lake of Fire…

Despite certain problems inherent to Catholicism, I still believe there is also enough Biblical truth contained in it to bring a person to a saving relationship with Christ…despite the rituals, statues, etc…

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
I was raised Catholic and attended Catholic schools. My Catholic schooling gave me a basic framework of who God is, how He interacts with mankind, and the meaning of Jesus’ death and resurrection. For that, I am grateful. I’m not downplaying the obvious problems with Catholicism. But in my opinion, it sure beats being raised as an atheist or a pagan…

In the 6th grade, I remember we had copies of the “Good News” Bible, and we did a brief overview of the Book of Acts and the Book of Revelation. Very surprising, when I look back upon it. It terrified me! Catholics believe in the Second Coming of Christ, but not the Rapture…

lamborgini

Despite certain problems inherent to Catholicism, I still believe there is also enough Biblical truth contained in it to bring a person to a saving relationship with Christ…despite the rituals, statues, etc…
I also think the knowledge we have of today and the knowledge of 20-10 years ago does play. Many just didn’t know better because it was what they were raised with. Many immigrants etc.

Our knowledge has increased. Just as the Bible said.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home

As long as someone is trusting 'only' in Jesus' death burial and resurrection for their salvation with absolutely nothing added, then, yes, they are born again by God's grace and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit. If this describes anyone, regardless of Catholicism, they will have eternal life in Christ >>heaven.

Shonsu

Borg # 8675309

I think their Jesus is not the Jesus of the bible. They are following a false Jesus who can't save them. It's not the truth part that kills, it is the poison part. Just like rat poison is 99% good food. Their fundamental doctrines lead to purgatory, not Jesus.

Xenosjeff

The ignorant Catholic who hears about Jesus and ends up not really comprehending the complexities of the religion might be saved. That is the beauty of the true gospel. Even a young child can trust in and know the love of Christ because they can understand the gospel. My God who gave himself for me so I may receive eternity for just believing and trusting in Him alone. That child, that ignorant Catholic, this simple man that I am, can understand real love and real grace. That's where the power is.

The Catholics who are in danger are the stubborn dogmatic wretches that refuse to allow the simplicity of the gospel to make a dent in their trust in THE CHURCH. That's really what it boils down to. Who do you trust? What do you trust? The slave to religion does not even know that their beliefs have shifted and distorted the nature of truth. If you tell a devout RC that Jesus saves, they'll agree with you. But what that means to them is so warped it would make a lawyer cry. Faith isn't just faith. Grace isn't just grace. It's a system that you have to work. Just like the CCC says, grace is dispensed from the repository of grace merited by the saints and the church by participating in the sacraments in a worthy manner. So, Rome has a grace bank that can keep your sav-O-meter from going into the red. You get infusions by DOING the sacraments! You get forgiveness by confession to a priest and receiving absolution and DOING penance. You get time off of purgatory by EARNING or buying an indulgence. You get out of hell fire by making sure you don't have any unconfessed mortal sins that you haven't dealt with by WORKING the system.
The devoted, hard headed, wtetch that has hundreds of relatives and friends in the grips of purgatorial punishment must keep their nose to the grindstone of religion because it would be too hard to turn that 1500 year long ship onto the course home. So, they're trapped by a system that has their mom and dad screaming in agony in purgatory begging for relief and a shorter sentence. How can they leave them there? They have to WORK harder. How can they look away from the church that holds the mysterious keys? There HAS to be something people can DO! There has to be a right way to DO this! There has to be something I can do!

It's a horrible lie.

Jesus already did all that we could never be worthy to do. You can't work a system. You can't merit grace. You can't be worthy. Only Jesus can. You can only believe and be saved.

Jeff

Jojo4124

My parents are strict Catholics...I have 10 siblings, we prayed the rosary as a family daily, my dad probably spent over a million dollars sending us all to Catholic schools thru highschool and some of my siblings went to Catholic colleges.

I remember at age 13 I was in "confession" with a priest and told him how I could make sure I wouldn't go to hell. He chuckled and said because I didn't want to go there I wouldn't.

I went to a secular college. Someone from Campus Crusade for Christ asked me if I died that day what percentage chance did I think I'd go to heaven. Well, I wasn't a murderer, but I knew I sinned, so I said about 70%. They told me I could be 100% sure. I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and began to seek Him about it as I had many questions.

On a visit home, I excitedly told about my new relationship with Jesus, that we can be in relationship with Him and that Easter meant that He paid it all.

I was met with immediate anger and was given a huge Catholic church history book and one large book on purgatory.

I wrestled for months. Catholics saying one thing, Bible believing Christians another. So one day I prayed and asked God Himself to reveal His Truth to me regarding purgatory. I knew He is Truth and that He could show me.

As I prayed, the Lord spoke to my heart, "If I died to pay for ALL your sins, why would you still have to pay?" It was like scales that blinded my eyes fell off. It was a beautiful moment feeling the blindness of my heart flee as Faithful and True filled my heart with peace. Christ's Resurrection made perfect sense to me. I was told as a child that Jesus merely opened the gates of Heaven but we still had to earn our way. Now I see that teaching is blashpemy.

I asked the Lord if I should stay in the Catholic church to evangelize them. Surely others would embrace the Truth. I did for a while but the Catholic church near campus was teaching New Age practices. I researched and realized that demonic things are embraced by many in that church. My Grandparents had a Ouija board for example.

A priest who was a family friend of ours, came to our first communion parties, etc. Ended up in prison for raping children. My mother's response to these criminal pedophile predators was that they just didn't pray enough. No, they are evil predators deserving jail time, most got a slap on the wrist and moved to a different church! I know if I had been violated my parents would have defended the priest.

I don't know about other saved Catholics, but it took me a while to undo the false teachings. God's Word is Truth and a light unto our path! I can tell you that if you seek the Lord, you will find Him!

Interestingly, I was the scapegoat of the narcissistic family. My mother was cruel to me, taking out her unhealed child abuse on me covertly. I think the demons attached to her knew maybe I'd get saved. I don't know. But I am so thankful He did! Witnessing to my family is met with huge resistance to the point that they now ignore me. God has blessed me with real family in Christ tho. But I ray for my family of origin. Satan's blinders can only be removed if they take the step to learn the Truth in the Word of God.

Now, 32 years after accepting that Jesus paid it ALL, I believe that the Catholic Church is a cult...having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof...from such turn away.

The spiritual battle is Real. Catholics are blinded by demons. They are Word malnourished but many, like myself, will embrace the Bible once encouraged to read it. My mom actually read the Bible daily but Only with her Catholic supplemental readings alongside it. Pray that the generational demonic holds are broken. Explain Jesus' complete death for our sins.... I pray that many Catholics will come out of her and be saved, having their blinders knocked off. Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of God the Father!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Then why stay in?? I always see comments about how there are true Christians who remain in the Catholic Church and maybe there are. But if they are familiar with scripture and have the presence of the Holy Spirit within them - who gives discernment and leads us to the Truth - how can they possibly remain a Catholic?

Tradition. Community. Habit. Family. There are lots of reasons.

Back