Rogers Canada Down (along with everything else!)

MapleLeaf

No particular link but Rogers Canada is completely down. Here is a CBC article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-outage-cell-mobile-wifi-1.6514373

No phone calls, no texting, no internet, no 911 calls, no using your debit card. It's alllll down. We have a major monopoly going on here so half the country is without luck. It's been an adventure, that's for certain. Right now I have access to internet through one of the other few providers. But Interac is completely reliant on Rogers, I guess. People at stores were unable to pay for groceries. My mom said that people were then trying the ATM but those weren't working either. We tried to get cash from a bank similar to ours but since it wasn't our physical bank we couldn't get any funds. We are trapped out of province right now with not enough cash for the gas home. I think credit cards are working but we don't do those anymore.

Our texting has started to work but still no calls. And even then the texting is somewhat spotty. I read one report that thinks it looks like internal error and not a cyber attack though it's hard to dismiss that so easily. It's proof how good it is to have cash at least as backup. There will always be natural disasters to wipe out systems.

NewWine2020

No particular link but Rogers Canada is completely down. Here is a CBC article: https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/rogers-outage-cell-mobile-wifi-1.6514373

No phone calls, no texting, no internet, no 911 calls, no using your debit card. It's alllll down. We have a major monopoly going on here so half the country is without luck. It's been an adventure, that's for certain. Right now I have access to internet through one of the other few providers. But Interac is completely reliant on Rogers, I guess. People at stores were unable to pay for groceries. My mom said that people were then trying the ATM but those weren't working either. We tried to get cash from a bank similar to ours but since it wasn't our physical bank we couldn't get any funds. We are trapped out of province right now with not enough cash for the gas home. I think credit cards are working but we don't do those anymore.

Our texting has started to work but still no calls. And even then the texting is somewhat spotty. I read one report that thinks it looks like internal error and not a cyber attack though it's hard to dismiss that so easily. It's proof how good it is to have cash at least as backup. There will always be natural disasters to wipe out systems.
Stay safe and please let us know how things develop!

Footsteps

Can’t Pierre just order the Mounties to have a candlelight parade to boost morale? Better to light a candle than curse the darkness, especially if you get to run down some old people in the process.

MapleLeaf

We still have electricity :nerd . And Pierre was the current Justin's father. There is a Pierre but he is running for the leadership of the Conservatives and he would be good alternative.

We have a long, long drive ahead of us so we have a certain cut-off point by which we need to leave in order to make the hotel reservation. But it's possible they're waiting for the middle of the night so all us anxious customers don't re-crash the system with our "is it working yet?" calls.