Roger Stone is 'praying' for clemency from Trump, days before he is set to report to prison

ShilohRose

I remember Clinton doing this and pardoning a good number of other people in his last days in office as well.

vbf

Roger Stone got royally screwed by Barry's cronies. What happened to him is sickening. What's continuing to happen to General Flynn is even more so. If I didnt' know that God will one day bring full justice to these men I'd be livid beyond imagination. Having been on the receiving end of a gross injustice myself that lasted several years and cost me and my family dearly, I cling hard to God's promise that He will repay......vengeance is His. All the human debris that heaped, and continue to heap, underserved misery on Stone, Flynn, and others will one day pay and pay huge. POTUS did the right thing and the despcable left will now punish him for it. God bless President Trump!!!!

Last edited:

jab777

I wonder if it will take all the way until Monday for the Democratic heads to explode?

I don't know if it's been tried before but I also wonder if the Democrats will try to nullify the Presidents commutation through the courts.

The next thing they obviously need to do is weaponize the commutation against Trump.

It's going to take forever for November to get here.
Nancy Pelosi is already saying they are going to get a bill passed that takes the power of commutation and presumably pardon out of the hands of the president. I’m not sure she will go through with it because if a Democrat is in office she will want them to be have the ability to commute sentences and issue pardons.

antitox

Nancy Pelosi is already saying they are going to get a bill passed that takes the power of commutation and presumably pardon out of the hands of the president. I’m not sure she will go through with it because if a Democrat is in office she will want them to be have the ability to commute sentences and issue pardons.
Wow. They are so brazen. It's ok if a dem does it but oh no, not Trump. It's so uncanny to me how they aren't trying to help the country at all - just stop Trump. That's all they do, nothing else.

antitox

Romney accuses Trump of 'historic corruption' after Roger Stone commutation
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/romney-trump-historic-corruption-after-roger-stone-commutation

“Unprecedented, historic corruption," Romney said.

Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, on Saturday joined Democrats in criticizing President Trump’s decision to commute Roger Stone’s prison sentence, decrying it as an act of “historic corruption” -- just as Trump said Stone was the victim of an “illegal witch hunt.”

“Unprecedented, historic corruption: an American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president,” Romney tweeted.

The White House announced late Friday that Trump had signed an Executive Grant of Clemency for the political operative, who was sentenced to more than three years in prison after being convicted last year on seven counts of obstruction, witness tampering and making false statements to Congress in relation to FBI Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s Russia investigation.

Stone, who has appealed the conviction and denies wrongdoing, was due to report to prison on July 14 to serve 40 months. But the White House said the president had commuted the sentence “in light of the egregious facts and circumstances surrounding his unfair prosecution, arrest, and trial."

“Roger Stone was targeted by an illegal Witch Hunt that never should have taken place,” Trump tweeted Saturday morning. “It is the other side that are criminals, including Biden and Obama, who spied on my campaign - AND GOT CAUGHT!"

Romney has long feuded with the president, and was the sole Senate Republican to vote for an article of impeachment in Trump’s Senate impeachment trial earlier this year, which accused the president of “obstruction of Congress.”

His outrage at Stone’s commutation was shared by Democrats, who accused the president of corruption, with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi promising that Congress would act on the matter.

“President Trump’s decision to commute the sentence of top campaign advisor Roger Stone, who could directly implicate him in criminal misconduct, is an act of staggering corruption,” she said in a statement Saturday.

“Congress will take action to prevent this type of brazen wrongdoing,” she said. “Legislation is needed to ensure that no President can pardon or commute the sentence of an individual who is engaged in a cover-up campaign to shield that President from criminal prosecution.”

The Biden campaign, meanwhile accused Trump of having "once again abused his power, releasing this commutation on a Friday night, hoping to yet again avoid scrutiny as he lays waste to the norms and the values that make our country a shining beacon to the rest of the world."

"He will not be shamed," spokesman Bill Russo said. "He will only be stopped when Americans make their voice heard at the ballot box this fall. Enough.”

Both Trump and his Democratic rivals have accused each other of engaging in criminal activity, claims that have continued since the release of the Mueller report last year, and an unsuccessful attempt at impeaching the President earlier this year.

Democrats have claimed that Trump has only avoided criminal prosecution because he is shielded as president, while Trump has accused members of the Obama administration -- including Obama himself -- of spying on his 2016 campaign.

Stone, meanwhile, told Fox News earlier this week that he was “praying” for intervention from Trump.

On Friday evening, after the commutation, spoke to Trump on the phone and later praised the move to the New York Post.

“I told him I was grateful,” Stone said “He protected my health.”

“He said we’ve known each other for 40 years,” Stone said. “In his opinion, he did not believe I committed a crime.”

Footsteps

Maybe in time the FBI can get back to work interdicting terrorism, drugs, child trafficking, and investigating real crimes. Maybe I'm missing it - I just can't remember the last time the FBI did anything other than help Democrats lie about Republicans. They need a good story worse than Nike.

JSTyler

We're getting closer and closer to when the tree of liberty will get it's renewal. That or we will live to see the complete and utter destruction of the republic. America has exceeded the typical life cycle of empires. It's only a matter of time. We see the pervasive decadence everywhere we look and that is the penultimate stage in cultures before they irreversibly decline into destruction.

Maranatha Lord Jesus!

Eric Nicholas

If remember you saying this or something like this before. Do you have synesthesia? (Or is this a joke I'm not getting? Hah)
Ha! Mitt Romney is a Mormon. This is their charge and I quote " Mormon undergarments must be worn day and night by members who have received the ordinance of the temple endowment to remind them of the commitment they made to God, according to Brigham Young University. The LDS Church's handbook states the garnets also “provide protection against temptation and evil." " Hence, the whole magic underwear bit. It's pretty insane.

Eric Nicholas

If remember you saying this or something like this before. Do you have synesthesia? (Or is this a joke I'm not getting? Hah)
Oh, are you talking about the sausage biscuit part? If so, I don't know. I've had this weird food association bit since I was a kid. Certain words unrelated to food will remind me of food. Certain voices and countenances will remind me of food, as well. I can't really explain that very well. For instance: the word "near" reminds me of homemade mashed potatoes with butter melting on top. :loco

Andiamo

"Let's go!"
Oh, are you talking about the sausage biscuit part? If so, I don't know. I've had this weird food association bit since I was a kid. Certain words unrelated to food will remind me of food. Certain voices and countenances will remind me of food, as well. I can't really explain that very well. For instance: the word "near" reminds me of homemade mashed potatoes with butter melting on top. :loco
Yeah that's what I was talking about. Your food association is interesting. Don't worry....I'm "interesting" too :lol

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Roger Stone will be on Fox Hannity Monday for his first interview since being commuted by President Trump
I am looking forward to seeing what is said should be very interesting! We got some Democrat's very upset about our President commuting him. That is too bad sooooooooooooooooo sad!