Rockets barrage from Gaza continues, hitting Ashdod and Beersheba

Richard the Lion

@Amethyst, just saw your explanation. You definitely understood what I was saying and what I believe. Having nukes doesn't help when you can't use them. It appears to me that Israel doesn't have an effective way to deal with the immediate threats she faces from her neighbors. Patriot missiles are fantastic, but I'll bet Israel doesn't have a couple hundred thousand patriot missiles in storage... and Patriot missiles don't do anything to stop the missiles from being fired in to Israel in the first place. So far everything that Israel has done in response to the attack on Israel by gaza has failed to stop the ferocity of the attack. Israel has failed to stop or even diminish her enemies ability to wage war in the manner that the enemy has chosen. By my way of thinking, that has demonstrated a significant military weakness which I'm sure her enemies will plan to take advantage of in the future.

France was easily conquered during both World Wars because France was well prepared to fight the last war they'd been in but the next war found them unprepared because it was a different type of warfare. Israel is a mighty nation and should have had the resources to prepare for the immediate threats that they know surround them. They've done well with defensive missile batteries but aside from that they've completely missed the boat, in my opinion. They are quite vulnerable, I believe, and ripe for the picking. Her enemies likely see this as well, and those who would come against her in the Eze 38-39 prophecy are likely emboldened by Israel's displayed weaknesses.

Israel can't use her nukes on gaza anymore than they'd use them on an invasion force that is already on top of them. The road to Eze probably is looking pretty eazy for those who will join the Eze coalition against Israel.
Exactly. That's why I don't think Psalm 83 is a war at all, probably no more than a prayer for revenge long ago. It looks like God will take care of the invaders on his own and thoroughly.
The IDF won't even do much fighting in Gog Magog.

ANewCreature

We taped a radio show forour ministry that airs in a couple weeks (who knows what will have happened by then), and a few interesting things came out as we discussed the current situation. The main one being that Israel may be getting worn down by Hamas so Hezbollah can then move inw hen Israel is weak - and Israel might knowit. Had they both attached at once, perhaps they were worried about the strenth of the Israeli military and figured they would just win lie they did in 1948, 1956... Israel has fought multi-front wars before, and while Biden is certainly not in Israel's corner, the strength of the Israeli military may have made them think a different strategy needed to be used than before.

Besides, if these terrorists are willing to use civilians as shields, it makes sense that they would use each other as cannon fodder, too.

If Israel suspects this, they might be holding back just in case more force is needed up north - especially since Hzbollah has 10 times the rockets, according to some sources. However, they can't hold back for too long, or they will, as others have noted, end up being worn down too much anyway.

Andy C

I don't know as I am baffled by Israel's seeming inability to terminate the threat, to stop the attack. I thought Israel was better than that militarily. She apparently isn't and now her enemies know that. Thankfully God will have her back completely when Eze rolls around.

Just out of curiosity, what would you recommend Israel do in regards to this current fight, and what would be the ultimate outcome you think would show victory? Is it a lose lose scenario? This really does have me a little puzzled, all I can say is this is the response they have always given, but you’re right, it just leaves the door open for future attacks against them.

GHoe

Bidet will take Abbas' phone call after his morning Bingo game and Metamucil.
Updated POTUS schedule shows that the phone call got pushed to tomorrow. Lol.. The re-scheduling was confirmed after he (no joke) told a female reporter to stand in front of an electric test truck he was driving, so he could run her over (after she asked I she could ask a question about Israel).. I'd say that's a wrap for the day Joe.. put a lid on it.

Batman

I feel like Israel is showing a lot of force and in many ways being even more destructive and impacting with their response to possibly deter this in the future; and yet their response does feel somewhat lacking in stopping Hamas from lobbing explosives going forward..........maybe I'm caught in a yes/no scenario but that's how it seems.

Footsteps

Israeli hasn't started its tank and infantry invasion of Gaza. In 2014, there were several days of rocket barrages fired from Gaza before Israel drove tanks in. Tanks have been firing into Gaza, but Israel is waiting for the optimum time to invade. They will have to invade Gaza with the troops and tanks they are amassing to ensure the long-lasting setback to Hamas they seek.

Batman

Israeli hasn't started its tank and infantry invasion of Gaza. In 2014, there were several days of rocket barrages fired from Gaza before Israel drove tanks in. Tanks have been firing into Gaza, but Israel is waiting for the optimum time to invade. They will have to invade Gaza with the troops and tanks they are amassing to ensure the long-lasting setback to Hamas they seek.
You are correct. Great reminder. Also after rethinking a little bit it does seem like some severe strategic pinpointed missiles were devastating to Hamas when you note that 13 story and 6 story buildings went down quickly.

OnlyHim

Would that be the Haulover Inlet?
Or the waterway where we sign our rights away - no, that would be the Handover Inlet.
It would. I figured it was a crazy place therefor appropriate here...minus the water... and the people...and the boats...

Wait a minute. You caught my mis spelling. That means you... oh you are good my friend oh you are good!

Man I thought I was well read... wow. I acquiesce.

OnlyHim

See this is what being a musician is all about. We need to be aware of everything at all times. You never know when a rouge director is going to lose it so while we are playing we need to listen to the other sections to make sure we are where we need to be. Who knew! Playing an instrument made us watchers!!! Lol

Allegedly.

Footsteps

It would. I figured it was a crazy place therefor appropriate here...minus the water... and the people...and the boats...

Wait a minute. You caught my mis spelling. That means you... oh you are good my friend oh you are good!

Man I thought I was well read... wow. I acquiesce.
I must maintain the highest of standards if I want to become Emperor of Sith Pronoun Interpretation.

Footsteps

I play keyboard at church. I have tried to be diplomatic with our lead singer. When he asked me why I brought a bucket on stage, I said "I just wanted to see if you could carry a tune in it." He didn't get it. The next Sunday I pointed to my keyboard and said, "You have good timing, but you're singing in the cracks."
Musicians must stick together.

OnlyHim

I play keyboard at church. I have tried to be diplomatic with our lead singer. When he asked me why I brought a bucket on stage, I said "I just wanted to see if you could carry a tune in it." He didn't get it. The next Sunday I pointed to my keyboard and said, "You have good timing, but you're singing in the cracks."
Musicians must stick together.
I’ll tell you what I would absolutely love to play with you. You tell it as it is. There is no time for snowflakes when it comes to real music and performance. Don’t get me started.

Andy C

I don't know as I am baffled by Israel's seeming inability to terminate the threat, to stop the attack. I thought Israel was better than that militarily. She apparently isn't and now her enemies know that. Thankfully God will have her back completely when Eze rolls around.
Hey brother, you did not respond to my post number 43. Im assuming you thought I wanted to debate, but no, Im a little confused on Israel, and wanted your military perspective. Trust me, I had enough debate 2 days ago to hold me over for some time. :oops:

Wings Like Eagles

Wouldn't Saudi Arabia be involved? I don't think that's likely at this point in time.
Unless they are involved behind the scenes as funders. The whole thing may be just an effort to raise the price of oil--which many nation states would support. Saudi Arabia, Iran and Russia--all would benefit from a rise in the price of oil.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Hey brother, you did not respond to my post number 43. Im assuming you thought I wanted to debate, but no, Im a little confused on Israel, and wanted your military perspective. Trust me, I had enough debate 2 days ago to hold me over for some time. :oops:

I have the professional military education and experience to be able to weigh in, but I don't have the insider's knowledge of Israel's military capability and options to be able to weigh in in a meaningful manner. As far as what their objectives maybe should be, I've posted my view on that ad nauseum. I would have responded to the question sooner but I didn't see it again after I first perused the post earlier yesterday.

Last edited: