Rockets barrage from Gaza continues, hitting Ashdod and Beersheba

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Rockets barrage from Gaza continues, hitting Ashdod and Beersheba
Hamas rocket barrages on southern Israel continued Sunday with almost 300 projectiles launched at Israel since Saturday.
By ANNA AHRONHEIM, JERUSALEM POST STAFF
MAY 18, 2021

Barrages of rockets continued to pound Israel on Monday, striking across southern Israel and scoring a direct hit on a home in Ashdod, injuring several people. Since the beginning of operation "Guardian of the Walls," approximately 3,150 rockets have been fired from the Gaza Strip at Israeli territory, of which almost a seventh – about 460 – failed launches fell in the Gaza Strip. In a barrage of at least seven rockets directed towards the city of Sderot on Monday, four made direct hits while at least one fell inside the Strip.

More than 250 rockets were fired towards Israel between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Monday, with 25 landing short in the Gaza Strip. Over 130 rockets were fired toward Israel from the enclave from Saturday night to Sunday morning, with roughly half (55 rockets) launched towards central Israel overnight, sending thousands into shelters in Tel Aviv and several other cities in the Gush Dan region. Sirens were also activated in Beersheba, the West Bank and parts of the Negev.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/r...za-continue-to-slam-into-israel-sunday-668287

daygo

It seems so far that Israel has not managed her enemies ability to wage war against her. While hundreds of targets have been destroyed it seems that nothing of immediate substance has been accomplished. Israel is showing her underbelly... she is vulnerable as her enemies grow stronger.
It is unlikely when you tell them exactly what, where, who etc your going to hit them to be honest.

OnlyHim

Are we witnessing Psalms 83?
So far, all I can say is not yet. The rockets fired from Syria and Lebanon seem to only have been symbolic in nature thus far, perhaps to just send a message to Israel that they are watching the situation. I'd say its still a situation to watch but as of last night the IDF was still saying there will be at least 48 hours more of airstrikes on Gaza/Hamas and that they will dramatically increase in severity. We are just going to have to keep watching but I still tend to believe that a cease fire will be reached and this will probably calm down in a few days. However, the presence of any conflict creates conditions of uncertainty and one small misfire could blow this thing wide open.

What has me wondering are all of the protests this time in the West bank, Lebanon, the UK and even the US. That seems a little different this time. Keep in mind that this all started with issues and activity surrounding Jerusalem and the Temple Mount. A burdensome stone she is becoming...

Andy C

It seems so far that Israel has not managed her enemies ability to wage war against her. While hundreds of targets have been destroyed it seems that nothing of immediate substance has been accomplished. Israel is showing her underbelly... she is vulnerable as her enemies grow stronger.
I dont agree, as Israel has to walk a fine line. To totally destroy all her enemies, great for the church prophecy wise, but a poor move by Israel, as many countries would no longer watch from a distance.

They certainly have the capability to destroy all their neighbors, but for now, as in the past, they will show some level of restraint.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I dont agree, as Israel has to walk a fine line. To totally destroy all her enemies, great for the church prophecy wise, but a poor move by Israel, as many countries would no longer watch from a distance.

They certainly have the capability to destroy all their neighbors, but for now, as in the past, they will show some level of restraint.
:doh
Now I am confused. Are you guys reading from opposing news sources? :hmmm

OnlyHim

I wonder what Hezbollah and Iran would do if Israel was seen to run out of Patriot missiles...
Could be interesting although it has been reported on through various news organizations the number of suspected rockets Hamas and Hezbollah have in their arsenals and my guess is Israeli intelligence knows exactly. My guess is that Israel has made sure to have adequate reserves to deal with that. Now, getting multiple countries involved could definitely put a strain on Patriot missile inventories.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
@Amethyst, just saw your explanation. You definitely understood what I was saying and what I believe. Having nukes doesn't help when you can't use them. It appears to me that Israel doesn't have an effective way to deal with the immediate threats she faces from her neighbors. Patriot missiles are fantastic, but I'll bet Israel doesn't have a couple hundred thousand patriot missiles in storage... and Patriot missiles don't do anything to stop the missiles from being fired in to Israel in the first place. So far everything that Israel has done in response to the attack on Israel by gaza has failed to stop the ferocity of the attack. Israel has failed to stop or even diminish her enemies ability to wage war in the manner that the enemy has chosen. By my way of thinking, that has demonstrated a significant military weakness which I'm sure her enemies will plan to take advantage of in the future.

France was easily conquered during both World Wars because France was well prepared to fight the last war they'd been in but the next war found them unprepared because it was a different type of warfare. Israel is a mighty nation and should have had the resources to prepare for the immediate threats that they know surround them. They've done well with defensive missile batteries but aside from that they've completely missed the boat, in my opinion. They are quite vulnerable, I believe, and ripe for the picking. Her enemies likely see this as well, and those who would come against her in the Eze 38-39 prophecy are likely emboldened by Israel's displayed weaknesses.

Israel can't use her nukes on gaza anymore than they'd use them on an invasion force that is already on top of them. The road to Eze probably is looking pretty eazy for those who will join the Eze coalition against Israel.