Risking your life during COVID is just like fallen soldiers. My bosses Memorial Day letter rant

borrowedtime

Is there some stupid need today to constantly make stupid comparisons to things just to get yourself a back pat?

A high high up sent out a memo talking about the sacrifices people made for Memorial Day........

Just so he could Segway it into COVID and thanking people for the sacrifices they make to keep the lights on.

Am I seriously that insensitive that I find COVID. a far cry from say something like the men and women who ran into collapsing buildings on 9/11 ?

Andy C

Is there some stupid need today to constantly make stupid comparisons to things just to get yourself a back pat?

A high high up sent out a memo talking about the sacrifices people made for Memorial Day........

Just so he could Segway it into COVID and thanking people for the sacrifices they make to keep the lights on.

Am I seriously that insensitive that I find COVID. a far cry from say something like the men and women who ran into collapsing buildings on 9/11 ?
If the memo was in reference to the medical folks who work in hospitals, and especially in those hard hit areas, then yes, I think at a minimum its equal to running into the towers. Going to work 12 hour shifts everday in NYC, IMO, takes bravery beyond what very few could accomplish. Its one thing in the heat of a battle to do the unthinkable, but to daily run the risk of the invisible enemy getting you, thats sub human.

borrowedtime

If the memo was in reference to the medical folks who work in hospitals, and especially in those hard hit areas, then yes, I think at a minimum its equal to running into the towers. Going to work 12 hour shifts everday in NYC, IMO, takes bravery beyond what very few could accomplish. Its one thing in the heat of a battle to do the unthinkable, but to daily run the risk of the invisible enemy getting you, thats sub human.
We work in the power industry.

It was more directed at our branch of government and not medical workers.