Rio Carnival 2023 - satan worship brings disaster

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
It's deceptively simple as God has DONE ALL the WORK on the Cross.

It seems the only insurmountable obstacle is the stubborn faithless of man.

But we have hope:

Luke 18:26-27 HCSB
26 Those who heard this asked, “Then who can be saved?”
27 He replied, “What is impossible with men is possible with God.”

bigmoose

A child of the King
This world for some reason is attracted to Satan. It's unfortunate.
How this has to break our Dear Lord's heart. All he ever wanted for us is "the best!" He created us, He was sustaining us in the garden. A perfect place for mankind to thrive and walk with God. He gave us a few rules to make our life perfect, and we threw them in the trash heap. How He must long that we would wake up, and follow His truth, His will and His ways...

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
This world for some reason is attracted to Satan. It's unfortunate.
Perhaps the reason is easier to imagine than we think.

satan offers lordship of ones life. Guilt free and you're able to indulge in anything. There is no wrong.
Of course satan lies, but if you hear it enough, or listen to nothing else...

God, establishes right and wrong. There is Truth and a cause-effect formula that has guaranteed [eternal] results.

People don't want rules or responsibility, ok maybe other people have to be responsible, but if I'm not hurting anyone, why rain on my parade?
And with pragmatic results constantly claiming God's way is obsolete or to no effect, no one believes His guarantee anymore.

Most have lost the ability to conceive tomorrow much less the consequences of running a red light [recent traffic statistics list this as one of the fastest growing causes of accidents/deaths]

Eat Drink, be Merry, Indulge. You deserve it.

Certainly we all need a break, but is the stress from the regular events of life, or our own making?

satan is cool, carefree, unfettered in the world view,
but in seeing, they have become blind to the fetters of sin, and instead of the clanking of chains hear only the merriment of jingling bells.

And we would be dancing with them were it not for the Boundless Incredible Powerful Love and Mercy of Christ.

While the world's hate of Christ can be puzzling, God's Word explains it simply:

John 3:19
“This, then, is the judgment: The light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than the light because their deeds were evil.

Last edited:

GotGrace

"If you are a preacher of mercy, do not preach an imaginary but the true mercy. If the mercy is true, you must therefore bear the true, not an imaginary sin. God does not save those who are only imaginary sinners. Be a sinner, and let your sins be strong, but let your trust in Christ be stronger, and rejoice in Christ who is the victor over sin, death, and the world. We will commit sins while we are here, for this life is not a place where justice resides. We, however, says Peter (2. Peter 3:13) are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth where justice will reign. It suffices that through God's glory we have recognized the Lamb who takes away the sin of the world. No sin can separate us from Him, even if we were to kill or commit adultery thousands of times each day. Do you think such an exalted Lamb paid merely a small price with a meager sacrifice for our sins? Pray hard for you are quite a sinner."
Martin Luther (letter to Philip Melanchthon, May 8, 1521)

(aka, "sin boldly")

Smart churches :smile
Looking every day for the new heaven and new earth. Weary of the mess here.

antitox

Yes. Carnival is Mardi Gras, just a different name. Carnival in Brazil has been a giant gay fest for decades on top of all the traditional satan worship, drug and alcohol abuse, and immorality.

Mardi Gras in St Louis and New Orleans, ai-yai-yai-yai-yai! (but not quite as outrageous as Rio, etc.).
I went to Mardi gras when I was seventeen yrs old back in the 70s.

Even back then I was shocked.

madcat

I went to Mardi gras when I was seventeen yrs old back in the 70s.

Even back then I was shocked.
I also remember having to go to New Orleans back in the early 70’s to take a state board exam for a P.T, license, and the location was smack in the middle of Bourbon Street. It was “shock and awe” even back then, and that was just during a “normal” day. I can only imagine what Mardi Gras is like, and especially since Satan is “on a roll” these days.

Back