Rick Renner

RestInHim

I have ordered a couple of books along with a couple of new Study Bible's. The one book I ordered is by Rick Renner. I've had another one of his books for awhile and I love it, it's called Sparkling Gems. The book I recently ordered is called... "Dressed To Kill: A Biblical Approach To Spiritual Warfare And Armor".

I believe he is Protestant but don't know all of his leanings on God's Word. Perhaps others might be able to share more on him?

What I didn't like when I opened this book I recently purchased is that in the acknowledgment he expressed his deepest gratitude towards Kenneth Hagin. Kenneth Hagin was word of faith. It is these things that really make it so difficult in purchasing any books.

Like I said, I don't know much about Rick Renner and his leanings towards Scripture, I haven't seen anything in his book Sparkling Gems yet that gives me a red flag, I actually enjoy his devotions and how he goes into the Greek.

mattfivefour

I, too, own Sparkling Gems from the Greek. it gives some excellent insights. But Rick Renner is a hyper-faith type of Pentecostal. And that doctrinal underpinning runs though everything he says. The fact he is so closely aligned with the two Kenneths causes me to stay far away from his preaching and teaching. I am small-p pentecostal myself (actually since I was a pastor at a Southern Baptist church, I guess I would have to say I'm Bapticostal :lol ), so I like a lot of his "fire" and his church ministry in Russia seemingly has been productive for the Kingdom. But I distance myself from the hyper-faith idea that we can speak our own reality into being through faith. That is utter nonsense and borders on magic. Satan is active among that group of "ministers". So my advice would be to enjoy the way Renner opens up the sense of Greek words, but stay away from the rest of his ministry. And for those who don't enjoy digging into the Greek, just stay away. No point getting involved, becoming confused, and sinking into bad, bad doctrine

cshere

I, too, own Sparkling Gems from the Greek. it gives some excellent insights. But Rick Renner is a hyper-faith type of Pentecostal. And that doctrinal underpinning runs though everything he says. The fact he is so closely aligned with the two Kenneths causes me to stay far away from his preaching and teaching. I am small-p pentecostal myself (actually since I was a pastor at a Southern Baptist church, I guess I would have to say I'm Bapticostal :lol ), so I like a lot of his "fire" and his church ministry in Russia seemingly has been productive for the Kingdom. But I distance myself from the hyper-faith idea that we can speak our own reality into being through faith. That is utter nonsense and borders on magic. Satan is active among that group of "ministers". So my advice would be to enjoy the way Renner opens up the sense of Greek words, but stay away from the rest of his ministry. And for those who don't enjoy digging into the Greek, just stay away. No point getting involved, becoming confused, and sinking into bad, bad doctrine
Thank you so much for this reply. I was listening to him and turned him off, because it was causing me to say "hold on there....". You have just confirmed what I was wondering about his teaching. I am so thankful for this question and answer....today, there are so many things that can really trip us up very subtly, but, I think we need to seek help when we hear the "hold on"....RestinHim, thank you so much for asking about this.

RestInHim

I goofed up my reply and don't know how to fix it, but this will work anyways. Those of us who are getting up in age know that little mess ups like this are not worth much time and stress over. It's all minor stuff. :sunning

I've not listened to any of his ministry. I think I purchased the Sparkling Gems from the Greek because I had seen our brother Michael on here mention it one time so I ordered it without searching into Rick Renner's ministry. I just automatically thought he was safe. This is not to blame our brother Michael, I realize it is my diligent duty to do my own research and it's too late for me to return it so I will enjoy the devotions I'm sure. I have decided to return the "Spiritual Warfare" book.

Over the last 20 or so years I have purchased some books that I have gained some knowledge from even though I don't agree with all of their teaching. For instance with regards to the hyper-faith/word of faith movement I was made aware of it from listening to Justin Peters and J.M. But, I also learnt over time that these teachers teach Hyper Calvinism/T.U.L.I.P. , which is a false gospel. By reading and studying God's word I have come to know the truth of these false teachings. But, sadly I believe many Christians encounter all manner of bad theology, false doctrine/teaching, especially in these last days. I was introduced to the teaching of Calvinism by a Pastor who came to visit me when I first was ill. It had created a lot of anxiety in me and I was already struggling immensely. BUT, I am thankful though because in time as I was able to, this is what got me to seek God and His truth. Of course this isn't always good though because learning bad theology and false teaching is something that can also hinder our growth in the Lord.

I love how we never stop learning about Jesus and His amazing love for us and for the world. I've been thinking a lot lately of how from the time I was a little girl He never stopped drawing me to Himself. I sometimes wonder if I was saved as a little girl because I don't recall a time that I just didn't believe. Yet, it wasn't till I was in my late 20's when a lady shared the gospel with me that I believed, but, I think that I've always believed. I just wish I had had a closer relationship with Him much sooner. I don't think it matters in knowing if I was saved as a little girl or not, I think that I was. I am so unworthy of His gift, but, I really am thankful for His amazing Grace, for my salvation and His many blessings. He is a good good Father.

:thankyou Adrian.

RestInHim

Just curious, at what age and how did He draw you in, did you think of him, was he on your mind a lot?

I don't remember what age I was when a lady who lived near us in the village who was a Christian would take my sister and I to Church on Sundays. I don't remember much about Sunday school, but I had also gone to Bible Camp several times and remember more about those times. I can't say that I ever heard the gospel, but, I knew about sin and I know I heard about God and Jesus. That's why I don't know if I was really saved then because I think I knew that Jesus died for me but I can't really say for sure. I just don't remember not believing.

My parents didn't go to Church but I did go to a Catholic school. When I was in grade 7, I had an uncle who was in his 20's who passed away from chronic alcoholism. I loved him very much and my teacher at school who was born again and whom I learnt many years later that she was a new Christian who came to faith from a tent meeting in our town and was part of a Gospel Hall. I believe they are open brethren. She told me that because he was an alcoholic that he was going to hell. That really scared me. Because this woman was a new Christian she didn't intentionally mean to hurt or scare me. When we all come to faith we don't know all of God's word and we all make mistakes, but God is gracious and He grows us, we mature if we seek Him. He even takes our mistakes and uses them for good. So, this incident I believe God used in my life at that time and even though it scared me it was for my good!

But, as time went on and I was in high school and struggling in my teen years, God continued to draw me to Himself. I remember going to a Priest more than once when I was struggling, just to talk to them. When I was in my 20's I got pregnant out of wedlock, it was a really hard time in my life. I didn't know what to do, I thought of abortion because I was so scared, but, I could not do it and so I had my son Christopher. I named Him Christopher because of the name of our dear Savior, Christ!

So, I believe it was all Him. His love and grace. He was either working in my life to draw me to place my faith in Him or I was already His and He was working His plan and will out in my life, to draw me closer to Him, to grow my faith.

I met a man who is now my husband. We met when Christopher was 1.5 years old, he adopted him and we had another son. Just before we we're to get married this is when I had met this woman who shared the gospel with me and of course I placed my faith in Jesus. We move a couple more times before returning to my home town. For several years I had not gone to any Church, then when we returned to my home town and we started going to Church. I didn't know which one to go to, we tried the Gospel Hall, Baptist and Pentecostal. We had been in my home town now for about 3 years when I fell ill. So, it had been about 5 year since I head the gospel and since we had married. Now, I was very ill and unable to continue to go to Church, but, I did try even though I was deathly ill until I was no longer able to go. It would also be another 3 to 5 years before I would start reading God's word.

I don't understand all of what God is doing in my life, but, I do know that He has never stopped drawing me and working in my life. Today, it is only my husband and I now at home, so many years later. We have been together now for almost 33 years and married 27 years. We have 3 boys and 5 grand children. These past 22 years have been very difficult with me being chronically ill. My husband drank every day till I became ill and for a couple of years into my illness then he quite. It's been a difficult marriage too, but, I love my husband and I know that God wants him to be saved and for our sons and grand children also.

We don't see our 2 oldest sons and grandchildren. I believe our one oldest son is saved but not the oldest and youngest. I am praying for them and know that God hears my prayers and all who are praying for them. He loves them and wants them to also believe. Ultimately, it is up to them.

God is always faithful and He is always good!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I've not listened to any of his ministry. I think I purchased the Sparkling Gems from the Greek because I had seen our brother Michael on here mention it one time so I ordered it without searching into Rick Renner's ministry. I just automatically thought he was safe. This is not to blame our brother Michael, I realize it is my diligent duty to do my own research and it's too late for me to return it so I will enjoy the devotions I'm sure. I have decided to return the "Spiritual Warfare" book.

Over the last 20 or so years I have purchased some books that I have gained some knowledge from even though I don't agree with all of their teaching. For instance with regards to the hyper-faith/word of faith movement I was made aware of it from listening to Justin Peters and J.M. But, I also learnt over time that these teachers teach Hyper Calvinism/T.U.L.I.P. , which is a false gospel. By reading and studying God's word I have come to know the truth of these false teachings. But, sadly I believe many Christians encounter all manner of bad theology, false doctrine/teaching, especially in these last days. I was introduced to the teaching of Calvinism by a Pastor who came to visit me when I first was ill. It had created a lot of anxiety in me and I was already struggling immensely. BUT, I am thankful though because in time as I was able to, this is what got me to seek God and His truth. Of course this isn't always good though because learning bad theology and false teaching is something that can also hinder our growth in the Lord.

I love how we never stop learning about Jesus and His amazing love for us and for the world. I've been thinking a lot lately of how from the time I was a little girl He never stopped drawing me to Himself. I sometimes wonder if I was saved as a little girl because I don't recall a time that I just didn't believe. Yet, it wasn't till I was in my late 20's when a lady shared the gospel with me that I believed, but, I think that I've always believed. I just wish I had had a closer relationship with Him much sooner. I don't think it matters in knowing if I was saved as a little girl or not, I think that I was. I am so unworthy of His gift, but, I really am thankful for His amazing Grace, for my salvation and His many blessings. He is a good good Father.

:thankyou Adrian.
This is why I don't really want people to be posting stuff about books, movies, DVDs, etc. on the forums because we don't know what they are about and we don't have time to check out all these books, movies, DVDs, etc. False teaching can creep in unaware through the flood of books, media, etc. being printed these days.

This is why the forum rule is in place:

[35] Please do not promote books, DVD, movies, etc. that are for commercial purposes. This is not a bookstore and we do not endorse making the forums a marketplace. No links to Amazon, B&N, etc. to purchase things. We can not and will not be a marketplace. Remember how Jesus felt about people turning his Father's house into a marketplace.

We used to have a "Recommended Readings" area on the main site where I had actually read the books that I recommended, but there are so many coming out these days it is impossible to read them all. It seems to be all the fad for teachers to write books, etc. but unless you buy the book and read it, you'll never know what is in there.

I would really like the forums to stay away from mentioning and promoting books that people are reading. There are some sound teachers that Rapture Forums trusts and recommends, but there are too many others people are mentioning on here that we've never heard of and know nothing about them. Then later find out they are caught in error.

There is really only ONE book we need to be reading and it is:

2 Timothy 3:16 - "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness"

:thumbup