Revelation 21:4. During the Millennium or afterward?

Lovin Jesus

He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning, or crying or pain, for the old order of things have passed away. Rev 21:4
I was always under the impression this verse would begin during the Millennial Reign of Christ . But in understanding the second resurrection after the thousand years, that means there will still be death during the millennium. So, Revelation 21:4 “ no more death” means after the new Heavens and the new Earth Revelation 21:1 when Jesus hands the Kingdom back to God, when the last enemy death Is destroyed and put under his feet.
1 Corinthians 15:24-27. I always thought the Revelation 21:4 verse would apply to the millennium. Now I understand it different.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death, or mourning, or crying or pain, for the old order of things have passed away. Rev 21:4
I was always under the impression this verse would begin during the Millennial Reign of Christ . But in understanding the second resurrection after the thousand years, that means there will still be death during the millennium. So, Revelation 21:4 “ no more death” means after the new Heavens and the new Earth Revelation 21:1 when Jesus hands the Kingdom back to God, when the last enemy death Is destroyed and put under his feet.
1 Corinthians 15:24-27. I always thought the Revelation 21:4 verse would apply to the millennium. Now I understand it different.
I agree with you!! :-D

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
It’s mind blowing to realize that our earthly mortal life is extremely brief in comparison to the eternity we have yet to live. Our mortal lives are merely the very beginning...merely the tip of the iceberg, relative to the Millennial Kingdom, and then the Eternal State...

Batman

It’s mind blowing to realize that our earthly mortal life is extremely brief in comparison to the eternity we have yet to live. Our mortal lives are merely the very beginning...merely the tip of the iceberg, relative to the Millennial Kingdom, and then the Eternal State...

As a very young child the word eternity and even being told our Triune Godhead was eternal never phased by with any doubts, but the idea of the eternal state and eternity did and still does blow my now 55 year old mind.

Back