Revealed: Facebook keeps list of conservatives deemed potential ‘hate agents’

JSTyler

Most of my witnessing is on Facebook, since I am home most of the time, except for church and groceries. I am so thankful for the opportunities God has given me to plant seeds there that I pray He uses.
You are doing it right then! So many do not, which would likely agian include me. It takes a special (maybe blessed) kind of restrained fortitude to mix it up in social media and maintain a solid testimony. I respect anyone that can do so, though, admittedly I still dislike the very idea of swimming in those waters again.

I had a publisher that initially pushed me into FB. I fought it for a while but eventually caved for "exposure". I think I sold a single book as a result...I did get to alienate many people in process however :faint2

Jan51

I had a publisher that initially pushed me into FB. I fought it for a while but eventually caved for "exposure". I think I sold a single book as a result...I did get to alienate many people in process however :faint2
That's how I got onto FB too--and I fought it but she insisted we all needed to! LOL. I realized that it wouldn't be good to just promote my book(s) or people would think me boastful and self-centered. So I balanced my writer posts with personal/family stuff, funny stuff, horse stuff (my other activity), political stuff, AND Christian stuff. I try to not let any one be dominant. I hope that if my unsaved friends and lefty friends see me as an intelligent, well-rounded, thoughtful person, they might be more apt to seriously consider what I have to say on matters where they disagree with me. When I interact with them, I never make it personal, or about opinions or speculation, but try to keep my comments simple, polite, and fact-based. They can flip out if they want (sometimes they do!), but I don't let them draw me into that stuff, even though they sometimes try. It has been an interesting journey! I've never really had a bad experience on FB like so many talk about.

Jan51

See, this is why I can't do it. I can't help but view the loony-libs as crazy cats just begging to chase that elusive, bright red dot, and I really can't deny my laser pointing orneriness.
Try viewing them instead as potentially seeing Christ in you and maybe one day having their eyes opened because of you. I also have prayed for them for years. (They are all a bunch of horse friends from a horse chat room years ago. In that venue we mostly just talked horses, but now on FB, the topics are much broader.)

I "get" the uncontrollable desire to mess with the laser pointer, LOL. I have always had cats, and love to mess with them. Our younger son was the same. We didn't have a laser pointer, but my husband had a box under the coffee table with his leather braiding stuff (for braiding reins), including several dowels of different thicknesses--he used them to practice tying buttons on, like ringknots. One day son had a dowel and was poking it at the cat, tormenting it. My husband yelled, "Quit doweling the cat!" That day, the term "doweling the cat" entered our family's vocabulary as synonymous with "messing with the cat," and eventually referring to doweling people (which my husband and both sons loved to do). LOL.

dave-o

Next up, your own personal social media score.
I wonder if China will put up a fuss if we steal their system?
Absolutely. In a way it's kinda here already but just not as in-your-face as the Chinese system.
Both my son and friend of his have told me they have been turned down for jobs because they didn't have enough (or any) Instagram and/or Facebook followers. (one was a food-beverage job)

Kerbluey

Haha, alienating people is a natural talent I possess. I must be socially awkward because it takes me by surprise every time. Apparently I’m far less normal than I think I am.

JSTyler

Haha, alienating people is a natural talent I possess. I must be socially awkward because it takes me by surprise every time. Apparently I’m far less normal than I think I am.
We can start an exclusive club.

I still can't understand how I've been able to fool my long-suffering wife into believing that I'm not a total, abnormal bum. I suppose it's all down to God giving some greater grace.

ByGod'sGrace

I have only family and very close friends on facebook. I would have gotten rid of it years ago, but it is the only way how I keep in touch with some people. I honestly don't care what facebook keeps track of about me. I am boring. I post videos of baby elephants chasing birds, snippets of my life and my paintings, or pictures of the old, grizzly, maine coon neighborhood cat who has "adopted" me (I named him Sandy Claws). I'm proud to be a believer in Jesus. I actually take pride in being considered "dangerous" by liberals and a "hate agent" by facebook, just for loving God and believing the gospel, and calling Jesus my Savior. Oh my. Satan can take away everything in our life, but we never lose our salvation or God's love through Jesus. We never lose our ability to love and show kindness. Faith is the victory that overcomes the world.

mikhen7

Freed By Christ to Serve Christ
And this is surprising how? Under the guise of a simple social medium, Facebook has leveraged itself into a position of dominant social arbiter using the principles of the humanist manifesto as its "bible". Facebook—along with Google—is one of the most dangerous entities in the world today as far as our cherished social and political freedoms are concerned, freedoms which it gravely threatens while presenting itself as protecting freedoms for all people. This powerful organization has essentially codified political correctness and imposes punishments for violations of the resulting laws it develops and, alone, arbitrates. And its punishments are not simply at the obvious level of banishments and post removals, but also at the secret, hidden level of intentionally slowing traffic of all people and sites who violate its self-created and imposed standards of behavior and belief.

The spirit of antichrist is hard at work. We need to be laboring also—not just proclaiming the gospel and/or supporting those who proclaim it, but also making sure the salt we should be is indeed doing its work of healing, purifying and preserving in our society. It might seem like a hopeless battle, but I assure you on the basis of God's own Word that it is not. We are not to look for the results; we are to obey our orders. God assures us His word will not return to Him without having accomplished His purposes. We often do not know those purposes, but that does not matter. Let us be faithful and let God be God. His will be done. And one day we will understand it all.
Excellent brother! Ilhan Omar is a poster child of the left's vitriol against the salt of the earth. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/ilhan-omar-abortion-speech-congress-watch-pro-choice-bill-ban-a8926461.html