Responding to Mormons at Your Door

Set free 47

Eventually you may get a couple of Mormon missionaries coming to your door.; young guys in suits on bikes. Once in the 1990's I had a couple of Mormon missionaries come to my door. I didn't give them a chance to talk, I just started to give them my testimony of how I came to trust Christ as my Savior and how I became eternally saved! Well, they didn't let me finish and they left. I have never had any Mormon missionaries come to my door since. I must be on the Mormon bad list.
This might work for you. I have heard that they, like the JW's, don't want to try to connect with you if you are what they call "born again." I have since seen Mormon missionaries coming to homes in my area, but never to my house.

cheeky200386

Eventually you may get a couple of Mormon missionaries coming to your door.; young guys in suits on bikes. Once in the 1990's I had a couple of Mormon missionaries come to my door. I didn't give them a chance to talk, I just started to give them my testimony of how I came to trust Christ as my Savior and how I became eternally saved! Well, they didn't let me finish and they left. I have never had any Mormon missionaries come to my door since. I must be on the Mormon bad list.
This might work for you. I have heard that they, like the JW's, don't want to try to connect with you if you are what they call "born again." I have since seen Mormon missionaries coming to homes in my area, but never to my house.
I've been wanting to share the Gospel with them but haven't had them pay me a visit.

A few JW stopped my apartment, while I was at church a couple of months ago. My husband was home alone. He let them in and they told him about their free Bible study. He showed them all of my Bibles, Bible Study Tools, and told them he was already reading the Bible on his own but would be happy talking more with them about God. Apparently they were surprised by all of the study material, grabbed his number and then they left. It was adorable hearing that Mike told them those books were for his future study. :biggrin2

Once I got home, he was shocked when I told him that the JW believe Jesus was just a Holy teacher but deny him being God. He had no idea and wondered if they would ever call him. They never did.

Of course they showed up when I wasn't there. Lol

Another time, when we were visiting Buffalo NY, a few years ago, we were approached by a Scientologist. We were walking through downtown and he comes up, very well dressed, and he starts telling us about a personality test he would give us for free. I already knew about them and just stayed quiet listening. All I thought inside my head was "Sorry buddy, but this one is claimed by God so move along". lol

Thankfully my husband politely declined and a few steps down the block we see this massive Scientology building. We just started talking about the nonsense they believe in.

What's crazy is that my husband had been approached by a Freemason when he was in the Dept of Corrections by another officer. This even before I was saved but Mike declined. Thank the Lord! This was before I knew anything about them. I've since shared all about them with him. Mike is so relieved he dodged that bullet.

Another time, I was approached by two young women at a Walmart. They were telling me Jesus already returned and that I could learn more at their next church meeting. I was a year saved and the Holy Spirit immediately reminded me of the verses about people saying Jesus is here and there and that they were antichrists. I declined and researched them in my car. I forget the cult's name but they believe Jesus came back as a Korean man in the 40's. They worship his widowed wife. It's crazy stuff out there.

Last edited:

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
We have a Mormon presence here as well. Shared the Gospel and left alone too.

But our neighborhood gets canvassed at times, it seems when there's new neighbors around. When that happens I like to mail out biblical truth comparison to Mormon 'truth' as an inoculation.

I pray that these young people being sent out truly come to Christ and know freedom in Christ, His love, His desire for their very best. :pray

cheeky200386

We have a Mormon presence here as well. Shared the Gospel and left alone too.

But our neighborhood gets canvassed at times, it seems when there's new neighbors around. When that happens I like to mail out biblical truth comparison to Mormon 'truth' as an inoculation.

I pray that these young people being sent out truly come to Christ and know freedom in Christ, His love, His desire for their very best. :pray
I love that you put out comparison materials. I will keep that in mind if I see a lot of Mormon or JW activity around where I live.

How do you mail it out? I assume you would just put it in each mailbox. I once put Gospel tracts in my neighborhood mailboxes but it to a long time and was awkward when they were home watching me lol

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
In-laws were in he JWs at one time.

They maintain maps of areas canvassed. Born Again Christians get a special flag as they are considered dangerous to the JW faith. They may send an elder or seasoned vet for a follow up visit.
Other places where they are physically threatened are treated as combat zones where JWs earn spiritual "brownie points" when accosted or meet muzzles.

I suspect mormons are similar.

On the couple visit we have had, [they were starting a new kingdom hall nearby so a few zealous greenies canvased our township a couple times],
I simply told them they are following the teachings of false prophets and recommend they examine their own watchtowers.
I have some tools from an apologetics ministry that are helpful.
I also inform them all of their heretical publications are fit only for burning.
The JWs have not returned, but I have seen plenty of followers of moron-i on the highways.

cheeky200386

In-laws were in he JWs at one time.

They maintain maps of areas canvassed. Born Again Christians get a special flag as they are considered dangerous to the JW faith. They may send an elder or seasoned vet for a follow up visit.
Other places where they are physically threatened are treated as combat zones where JWs earn spiritual "brownie points" when accosted or meet muzzles.

I suspect mormons are similar.

On the couple visit we have had, [they were starting a new kingdom hall nearby so a few zealous greenies canvased our township a couple times],
I simply told them they are following the teachings of false prophets and recommend they examine their own watchtowers.
I have some tools from an apologetics ministry that are helpful.
I also inform them all of their heretical publications are fit only for burning.
The JWs have not returned, but I have seen plenty of followers of moron-i on the highways.
I see JW everywhere in public areas around Sarasota. I've been tempted to stop and talk to them about the Gospel. My husband doesn't want me to.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
I see JW everywhere in public areas around Sarasota. I've been tempted to stop and talk to them about the Gospel. My husband doesn't want me to.

Follow your husband's guidance Cheeky but you can certainly pray for them that God would send others.

I remember praying that for someone once only to hear later that day from them how a group of Christians very soberly shared the Gospel, warning of God's judgement for those who refuse His grace.

Wally

mormons and jw's are taught to collect and destroy any "false" information. The usually have an elder with newbies to help them.

If you can have a 1 on 1 jw opportunity, challenge them to inspect their own publications. They are led by false prophets, their divine perfect NWT has had to be rewritten many times due to inconsistency and error. The NWT [New World Translation] denies the Divinity of Christ. John 1:1 ... the word was "a" god.

As for Joseph Smith - he is a charlatan. His claimed erroneous translation of Egyptian pulled the wool of his back. mormons are deceived as well.

Cults normally have 1 power - Inclusion. They care for their own and do all they can to keep them.
They add to the Bible or claim exclusive interpretation of Scripture to keep them bound.

Jesus gives freedom. The Holy Spirit give understanding.

When given the choice between friends or the True Gospel, friends often carry any argument with those in cults.

Matthew 10:34-37 HCSB

34 Don’t assume that I came to bring peace on the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword. 35 For I came to turn

a man against his father,

a daughter against her mother,

a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law;

36 and a man’s enemies will be

the members of his household. 37 The person who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; the person who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me.

Wally

Prayer is the best tool for freeing those in cults.

If you are called to engage, you need to be prepared. Study the Word. Learn where the fakes corrupt the Word. Know your enemy.

AND Be humble.

The cults are filled with Pros looking for know-it-alls and can spin their heads so fast, if not anchored in Christ, they wind up joining or worse, doubting their own faith.

Set free 47

I have been distributing a booklet that I ordered from Clear Gospel Ministries called "The Gospel". I have been distributing them by mail, in motel rooms next to Gideon Bibles, and in highway rest stop bathrooms, and other places. I just let what this eight or so page well done booklet give the gospel message and let the Holy Spirit work on the unsaved person with what the word of God says. This saves all the arguments, debate and personal opinion stuff. The booklet gives a contact email and I sometimes include my email for comments. There are advantages to sharing the gospel this way. If the Mormons and JW"s want to throw it away I can't stop them.

cheeky200386

Follow your husband's guidance Cheeky but you can certainly pray for them that God would send others.

I remember praying that for someone once only to hear later that day from them how a group of Christians very soberly shared the Gospel, warning of God's judgement for those who refuse His grace.
I definitely have no desire to go against my husband with that. It's interesting that they're everywhere around here.

Wally

Our local JWs have Prophecy seminars where they "teach". Nothing quite like corrupt eschatology to draw the curious.
Most locals don't go because they know better, but those who are ignorant of His Word are likely victims.

I see Awake! magazines in waiting rooms and other public places. Smattering of truth, current events, and flashy headlines. Draws flies just like dung.

Back