Resources Error Message

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Folks,
since we have moved to the new board I have added some behind the scenes modifications that would make the forums "cooler" and in the process we may have actually created a problem. When you add plugins to forums, Wordpress, etc. you end up taking a risk that the plugins could work but at the same time use more server resources if they are not coded well. I currently have 5 modifications on the forums and I have disabled the last 2 (which included the "flags" mod) to see if this will take a load off the server. We were at times spiking and hitting the ceiling on our resources limits.

This is likely to do with the plugins more than anything else. So, please be patient while we work on trying to make the server error messages go away. I have noticed that the error messages are on the forums, not the main site. So, that helps narrow it down some.

Anyway, the less modifications we use the better off we will be. It was actually a very extensive modification on the old board that caused it to become unstable. I need to try to avoid that problem here on the new forums.

I appreciate your understanding and patience while we try to figure out the problem. If you get the:

Resources limit reached message, I am always able to get it to work but simply hitting the relaod button a time or two. Usuaully only once will work.

Thank you.

Chris

Back