Resource for an end-times newbie

Love His Appearing

Hello. I have been talking to a recovering catholic friend about Jesus and she is finally starting to lean in a bit. She is being wooed by the Holy Spirit to dig deeper and grow closer. We have been talking about all of it for years and she has finally grasped the concept of grace and OSAS. She is so thrilled to finally comprehend that she doesn't have to strive so hard to earn the Lord's love. It has been an amazing week. She is starting to be intrigued on all the end times stuff I talk about all the time, too. We haven't really dug into it yet, but she just sent me a text asking where end ties stuff is found in the Bible.

My first reply was "its everywhere! Ezekiel, Daniel, Isaiah, Revelation, Thessalonians...." My second reply was "let me think on it and get back to you with a better plan."

Then I popped on here to ask YOU. hahah. Where would you tell an end-times newbie to start?

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Great suggestions! And, Cheeky, you and your son in that picture is JUST adorable!! :D

These passages popped in my mind. Matthew 24 for an overview from Jesus in regards to Israel and the world and then John 14-17 from Jesus in regards to the church and His care for His bride and then 1 Thess 4-5:1-11 for a continuation of His care for the Church and the comfort.

Love His Appearing

How about the Rapture Forums main page articles on end times prophecies? Start with https://www.raptureforums.com/end-times/50-reasons-living-end-times/ and https://www.raptureforums.com/bible-prophecy/101-end-times-bible-prophecy/ . These will get her going in the right direction and form a firm basis for further study. We have many other Bible prophecy articles on our main page, as well.
That's what I sent her. Thank you! I couldn't remember where I had read those articles which is hilarious because that is what first brought me here. I forget about the home page cuz I often go right to the forums.

cheeky200386

Great suggestions! And, Cheeky, you and your son in that picture is JUST adorable!! :D

These passages popped in my mind. Matthew 24 for an overview from Jesus in regards to Israel and the world and then John 14-17 from Jesus in regards to the church and His care for His bride and then 1 Thess 4-5:1-11 for a continuation of His care for the Church and the comfort.
Thank you!!

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I sent her. Thank you! I couldn't remember where I had read those articles which is hilarious because that is what first brought me here. I forget about the home page cuz I often go right to the forums.
The Featured Articles section has the over 12,000+ articles on the main site broken down into categories. Have her check out this link and look to the right for the various "categories" that are available:

https://www.raptureforums.com/featured-articles/

:thumbup

Love His Appearing

Y'all, I just had to pop on to update you on this beloved newbie. She texted me today to tell me that she was listening to the news and all she could think about was a that I might just be right. She said all she could think about in regards to what she was hearing was all that we had talked about on our visit a few weeks ago and she is ALL in. :) Praise the Lord and YAY, GOD! HE used the intrigue of prophecy fulfillment to cement her belief that He is real.

Now we just need to continue to pray for her husband cuz he is still on the fence. He likes to tell me he is an atheist but I think he just likes to get my goat. He has a softer heart than he is letting on. <3