Rescuers dig through rubble as Turkey-Syria quake death toll passes 7,800

GEOINTAnalyst

ANTAKYA, Turkey, Feb 7 (Reuters) - The death toll of a devastating earthquake in southern Turkey and Syria jumped to more than 7,800 people on Tuesday as rescuers worked against time in harsh winter conditions to dig survivors out of the rubble of collapsed buildings.

As the scale of the disaster became ever more apparent, the death toll looked likely to rise considerably. One U.N. official said thousands of children may have died.

Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan declared a state of emergency in 10 provinces. But residents in several damaged Turkish cities voiced anger and despair at what they said was a slow and inadequate response from the authorities to the deadliest earthquake to hit Turkey since 1999.

https://www.reuters.com/world/middl...ough-wreckage-iskenderun-hospital-2023-02-06/

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Although I don't want bad things to happen to Christians, I hope all or most that were killed were saved so they don't spend eternity in Hell. And of those that weren't saved that died, I hope and pray that they were the ones persecuting Jews and Christians.

Let God be glorified in all this, His will be done, and His perfect peace to all affected, especially our brothers and sisters in Christ.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Back