Republican Senators Push to Postpone Vote on Mitch McConnell as Senate GOP Leader

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said Friday he believes the Senate leadership vote should be postponed until the candidates for the position are vetted for “genuine [commitment] to fighting for the priorities & values of the working Americans.”

“The Senate GOP leadership vote next week should be postponed,” Rubio tweeted. “First we need to make sure that those who want to lead us are genuinely committed to fighting for the priorities & values of the working Americans (of every background) who gave us big wins in states like #Florida.”

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) backed Rubio’s idea and criticized leadership for wanting to hold a vote before the Senate races were completed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...tpone-vote-mitch-mcconnell-senate-gop-leader/

Kudos to Rubio and Hawley. There is risk in standing up to McConnell as the person in the position McConnell is in seems to wield a lot of power within the party.

Nemophilist

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL) said Friday he believes the Senate leadership vote should be postponed until the candidates for the position are vetted for “genuine [commitment] to fighting for the priorities & values of the working Americans.”

“The Senate GOP leadership vote next week should be postponed,” Rubio tweeted. “First we need to make sure that those who want to lead us are genuinely committed to fighting for the priorities & values of the working Americans (of every background) who gave us big wins in selstates like #Florida.”

Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) backed Rubio’s idea and criticized leadership for wanting to hold a vote before the Senate races were completed.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...tpone-vote-mitch-mcconnell-senate-gop-leader/

Kudos to Rubio and Hawley. There is risk in standing up to McConnell as the person in the position McConnell is in seems to wield a lot of power within the party.
McConnell is a genuine RINO. I would love to see someone else take his position.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

Scheduled Vote for Mitch McConnell as Leader Remains Despite GOP Opposition​

emove Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) from his leadership position in the Senate by writing a letter Friday to Republican senators denying their request to delay Wednesday’s leadership vote.

Barrasso, one of McConnell’s top lieutenants, wrote a letter Friday to GOP senators denying their request to delay Wednesday’s leadership vote until after all Senate votes had been counted.

“We look forward to meeting next week with our new and returning members. I expect a full and open discussion beginning at Tuesday’s policy lunch on our path forward,” he wrote in a letter obtained by CNN. “On Wednesday we will meet again for our scheduled conference for elections.”

“I welcome the questions and points made in the letter circulated by Senators Rick Scott, Lee and Johnson,” Barrasso, who is in charge of leadership elections, wrote.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...onnell-leader-remains-despite-gop-opposition/

Makes me dislike McConnell more than I already did...

Back