Report: Small Group of Democrats Meeting To Undermine Pelosi's Impeachment Plans

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
https://www.westernjournal.com/report-small-group-of-democrats-meeting-to-undermine-pelosis-impeachment-plans/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=WJBreaking&utm_campaign=ct-breaking&utm_content=western-journal

It’s the longest of long shots.

But at a time when a United States president can be impeached on the flimsiest of excuses.

Backed by the frailest of evidence.

By some of the some of the most dishonest Democrats to ever darken the doors or cross the corridors of Congress.

Anything might be possible.

So it’s worth taking note of a Tuesday report in Politico that a small group of Democrats representing districts carried by President Donald Trump in 2016 met on Monday to float the possibility of convincing their colleagues to drop the House drive for impeachment and substitute a resolution of censure instead.

“I think it’s certainly appropriate and might be a little more bipartisan, who knows?” Oregon Rep. Kurt Schrader, one of the Democrats in question, told Politico on Tuesday.

According to Politico, other Democrats talking about a censure resolution include Reps. Josh Gottheimer of New Jersey, Anthony Brindisi of New York and Ben McAdams of Utah.

Considering that it was Tuesday morning that Democratic big dogs like House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Judiciary Chairman Rep. Jerrold Nadler and Intelligence Committee Chairman Rep. Adam Schiff announced two articles of impeachment against Trump that are expected to be voted on next week, it might seem like a little late in the game for an alternate plan to emerge.

But, as Politico reported, the idea of a censure resolution — in which the House votes to formally condemn Trump’s behavior but stops short of an actual vote to impeach him – has at least a theoretical chance of attracting some Republican support, and “would also help Democrats avoid a lengthy impeachment trial in the Senate, which some in this group fear could tilt public opinion toward the GOP in the final months before the 2020 election.”

And it’s “public opinion” — meaning voters in November 2020 — that has to have many Democrats walking scared......

RobinMc

I personally think Pelosi would be relieved. She was pushed into this by the likes of AOC and the squad, Kamala, Booker, younger more radical dems. If she could say 'I did my best, but....' she may think she can save face.

Now Schiff and Nadler, that's a different story.

DanLMP

I do not have one iota of confidence that the Dems/Left will be done with this "get rid of Trump" process once these impeachment articles get struck down in the Senate.

I would be surprised if they take a short hiatus before the elections. I fully expect them to continue this coup through 2020 and into the next term if Trump gets reelected.

What is really shocking to me is that within the Constitution and the Law that there are no provisions for striking down rogue attempts to eliminate Presidents that do not meet the articles of impeachment. It seems the "Founding Fathers" were very concerned about Presidents that could damage the Republic but not at all concerned about elected Representatives that could damage the Republic by trying to overthrow a duly elected President.

That is the situation we are facing. There is no braking system that exists to prevent the Dems/Left from continuing to violate common law, innocent until proven guilty, needing a justifiable reason to invade a persons privacy to search for evidence of a crime. That is the motive behind trying to get Trump's financial records and tax returns.

The Dems/Left have battered the airways with the mantra "no one is above the law", while continuing to place Trump below the law.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I do not have one iota of confidence that the Dems/Left will be done with this "get rid of Trump" process once these impeachment articles get struck down in the Senate.
It won't stop. Every week they'd come up with some new scandal based on a lie. They were outraged over it, but the truth would come out and/or the public would get sick of it. The next day they'd be outraged over something new and the last outrage was forgotten. This has been going on since even before Trump was sworn in. It's insanity pure and simple. At least the dems have been focused on the impeachment thing for a while... as soon as it flops, though, there will be some new outrage... and I don't think a day will be allowed to pass without some outrage...

Cloud Watcher

I would be surprised if they take a short hiatus before the elections. I fully expect them to continue this coup through 2020 and into the next term if Trump gets reelected.

What is really shocking to me is that within the Constitution and the Law that there are no provisions for striking down rogue attempts to eliminate Presidents that do not meet the articles of impeachment. It seems the "Founding Fathers" were very concerned about Presidents that could damage the Republic but not at all concerned about elected Representatives that could damage the Republic by trying to overthrow a duly elected President.

That is the situation we are facing. There is no braking system that exists to prevent the Dems/Left from continuing to violate common law, innocent until proven guilty, needing a justifiable reason to invade a persons privacy to search for evidence of a crime. That is the motive behind trying to get Trump's financial records and tax returns.

The Dems/Left have battered the airways with the mantra "no one is above the law", while continuing to place Trump below the law.
Yes, several have stated they plan to keep doing the impeachment until it sticks. Our president is amazing that he is still standing after the constant attacks he has endured since the day he was elected. I hope they boomerang back on the attackers.

moosejive

Yes, several have stated they plan to keep doing the impeachment until it sticks. Our president is amazing that he is still standing after the constant attacks he has endured since the day he was elected. I hope they boomerang back on the attackers.
Considering they started with this nonsense when he was President-elect and have hopscotched from lie to another since then, with nothing coming from it..... It would be poetic justice if the Dems lost the election in 2020 in all 3 branches of the government!! :thumbupHas anyone heard from Ruth Bader-Ginsburg lately?? :hmmm

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't think any other president could have lasted under the assault that trump has endured.
God made only one Donald Trump (okay, 2), and I think he was blessed with what he would need to survive this insane never ending evil onslaught. I probably would have folded after a week or two of the treatment he receives from so many evil people. May God bless him and comfort him and his family.

fl2007rn

I agree with Tall Timbers that I would have broken down in a short period of time had I been the President. It is almost demonic the level of attacks that the President has had to endure since he was elected. I am praying that the Republicans take the Presidency, House and Senate in 2020. (assuming we don't have the Rapture before then)

RobinMc

My theory is: Why did God at this time in history, when the end certainly seems near, decide to put Trump into power? In this country that has historicly been known as a Christian nation? Our economy is doing well (well considering it's really a house of cards), stock market setting records, people are working, etc... What's going on now doesn't seem to be bringing more people to God.
But the other side is going insane, nothing they could do next would surprise me. But suppose all of a sudden, us problem child's are gone and they got what they want? But the economy collapses around them, part of the national, state and local gov't is gone, the military is crippled, chaos all around? What better setting for a one world gov't, religion, setting the stage for the AC. The country that for a long time has been the world leader will fall, who will step up?
God's got a plan, and I'm sure it's bigger and better than anything I could ever imagine.

madcat

My theory is: Why did God at this time in history, when the end certainly seems near, decide to put Trump into power? In this country that has historicly been known as a Christian nation? Our economy is doing well (well considering it's really a house of cards), stock market setting records, people are working, etc... What's going on now doesn't seem to be bringing more people to God.
But the other side is going insane, nothing they could do next would surprise me. But suppose all of a sudden, us problem child's are gone and they got what they want? But the economy collapses around them, part of the national, state and local gov't is gone, the military is crippled, chaos all around? What better setting for a one world gov't, religion, setting the stage for the AC. The country that for a long time has been the world leader will fall, who will step up?
God's got a plan, and I'm sure it's bigger and better than anything I could ever imagine.
I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK :bouncies :bouncies :rapture:rapture:rapture

bigmoose

Pelosi might actually embrace the idea as it would provide political cover for her from the pressure to impeach coming from the "squad."
So many good ideas and thoughts in this thread!

As to madame pelosi... what if... what if ... they are all crooked, they are all compromised, they have all sold themselves for money? I mean big money. Look how many are millionaires after just a few years in office. Look how one has had a chinese spy as a driver for 20+ years. Look how many have dual citizenship. Look how many of their kids were made millionaires overnight. The list of abuses goes on and on.... with BOTH parties.

What if Donald J Trump was the first honest president I have seen in my 67 years upon this earth? What if they knew he was honest from the beginning. They knew if he was elected he was going to clean house. Go back to ethical, historic American values. That meant their gig was up! Up forever. As in prosecution, confiscation of their assets and imprisonment. What if in his journey, the Good Lord touched POTUS's heart and he came closer to the Lord? I know of no man that can sustain the hate focused upon POTUS without divine assistance. (I just read "The United States of Trump" by Bill Orielly. It give some great insight into how God prepared POTUS. It also has some heart felt quotes how hard it has been on him and his family. I personally believe any other human would have folded and taken their money to turn against truth, betray us and sell us for cannon fodder.)

If my "ifs" are true... they are going to fight to the death. It is not over yet. A significant part of this will be the decision of the American people at the polls this coming November. Will we call for action against corruption, or will we call for "Barabbas?"

With each week I see this battle as larger, and more global and more spiritual. The atrocities going on in Hong Kong are glossed over. Those folks are calling out for their freedom and to live truth. The police are ravaging them without due cause. Forcing submission. The Saudi-Iran hate fest is gathering more steam every day. The cauldron is on high heat. Political instability in Israel is not helping. We are definitely seeing wars and rumors of wars (in my humble opinion) but are we seeing birth pangs yet? (I am not sure, I guess I am waiting for a key event that would be akin to "water breaking" in the mideast.)

Our faith and all truth is in Him. There is nothing to fear in the Lord. We are His Bride. His Beloved. He will not leave us or forsake us. Nothing that is new to us, is new to Him. Wow.... what a blessing to live in a time of Biblical significance!

moosejive

My theory is: Why did God at this time in history, when the end certainly seems near, decide to put Trump into power?

My theory is that Trump was chosen by God because Trump had what was required to do the job. He wasn’t beholden to any political ideology( he had friends on both sides of the aisle, at least as a businessman). He didn’t need money from anyone ( I.e. no strings attached). Being in business in NYC, he certainly had to deal with difficult people and situations. He wasn’t from the swamp, so he had no problem with starting to drain the swamp... He developed a thick skin in his years as a businessman and the sticks and stones flung at him daily just seem to bounce off.

Hoping and praying that he appears to have come to faith in Christ and has divine assistance in his actions as President. Praying that God will place a hedge of protection around him, so that he and his family are kept safe. :pray