Report: Biden yells at Zelenskyy over ingratitude

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Report: Biden yells at Zelenskyy over ingratitude
US President reportedly loses temper with Ukrainian counterpart when latter immediately asks for more aid after being told of aid package.
Israel National News
Oct 31, 2022

US President Joe Biden yelled at Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy during a recent phone call between the two leaders, NBC News reported. According to the report, Biden had spoken with Zelenskyy to tell him that he had authorized another $1 billion in aid for Ukraine, which was invaded by Russia in February 2022. Biden had just finished describing the new aid package when Zelenskyy immediately asked for more, describing aid he felt Ukraine needed and was not receiving. The US President lost his temper and demanded that Zelenskyy show more gratitude for the aid the US has already provided.

more............. https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/362018

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Zelensky is laying the guilt trip hard lately

To a degree, i can't say that i blame him as hardly any nations have sent military assistance moreso pertaining to providing soldiers rather than just weapons but American has already gone above and beyond providing a $1b in aid

The USA has provided much, much more than $1 billion. $40 billion was initially authorized by Congress and I think most of that has been used up so diben is preparing to ask for another big figure after the elections and probably before demonrats become the minority party.

jab777

The USA has provided much, much more than $1 billion. $40 billion was initially authorized by Congress and I think most of that has been used up so diben is preparing to ask for another big figure after the elections and probably before demonrats become the minority party.
I would hate to see Russia overrun Ukraine but to be honest, we can’t continue to fund them. This country is drowning in debt and unless we are going to make Ukraine the 51st state, I think the other countries should pony up.

NewWine2020

I would hate to see Russia overrun Ukraine but to be honest, we can’t continue to fund them. This country is drowning in debt and unless we are going to make Ukraine the 51st state, I think the other countries should pony up

To go demanding more after all we’ve given them makes Zalensky come off like an aggressive freeway pan-handler.

The USA is but one nation, far removed from the locale. I think it’s well past the time when we should expect Europe to start looking after itself for a change.

MapleLeaf

This story is coming out the week before midterms because the Democrats have finally realized just how much Americans hate to see their money go to a stupid. pointless war and that it's not helping either while inflation is going out of control at home. "Biden hates it just as much as you do! It just couldn't be helped! It's Zelensky's fault!" Uh-huh. Sure. Who's the pants-wearer in this relationship? Surely it is the world's superpower.

mphsmom

Honestly, I think we should not have sent any aid. When has any country ever sent us any money? And, I don't believe a single cent of the aid that we sent to Ukraine has ever made it into the hands of the citizens there, except for the politicians and already wealthy.

Wally

Choose your words carefully...
No doubt people are already taking this war apart and point out the errors.
My short list:

Putin is alive. Error no 1.
This is a mad man. We need to talk to rational people.

We needed to set up a UN zone before the war broke out. Error no 2.
Russia has legitimate borders to worry about. They have friends and influencers they support. We needed to go state by state and see what the people wanted.
It may have cost Ukraine some territory, but people need to be represented by what they want.

Send US flagged ships to Odessa. Sink anything that fires at us. Error no 3
MAD works. If a Tyrant believes he can threaten and get away with it, he'll move with impunity.

Look in the mirror. Error no 4
The US is so messed up, so divided, its no wonder we need to defer to the EU/NATO. But then they are divided themselves.
Our credibility stinks and I suspect China is carefully evaluating everything we are doing in Ukraine to test the feasibility of taking Taiwan.
They already know its to be a bloody and destructive battle, but the odds favor them - if the US fails to respond.

We need to do what is right. We need to galvanize friends to help as well. We need Ukraine to look at themselves and work to conform to high standards.

But how can we expect such when we ourselves have abandoned the Highest Law Giver.

Enduring economic pain is to be expected in war. But war does offer time for introspect. Maybe we will see ourselves in a better light and humble ourselves first before entreating the favors of the Just Judge.

Sadly, doing what is right often succumbs to doing what is convenient. And when gas tanks, refrigerators, and portfolios dictate politics you can expect the poor and innocent will suffer far more.

RobinMc

The people of the EU are ready to get over it. They want gas and food and fertlizer and whatever else Russia can provide. If they are ready to move on, what are we backing? Ukraine has a very corrupt gov't, that's no secret. Our gov't has been doing shady dealings with them for some time.
I feel sorry for what the citizens of Ukraine are living thru, but also for the Russian and European citizens. Something with this war is not right, and we keep shoveling money into a black hole.
At this point, I think they need prayer more than money.

Wally

Choose your words carefully...
Unfortunately, we are already at war with the USSR. For now it is better a proxy war in Ukraine, otherwise it will be a real war in Poland and the Baltic states.

I suspect that is the impetus to talk directly with the USSR. Ukraine and USSR will not stop fighting on their own. I suspect something like Korea is in the solution mix.

NewWine2020

The people of the EU are ready to get over it. They want gas and food and fertlizer and whatever else Russia can provide. If they are ready to move on, what are we backing? Ukraine has a very corrupt gov't, that's no secret. Our gov't has been doing shady dealings with them for some time.
I feel sorry for what the citizens of Ukraine are living thru, but also for the Russian and European citizens. Something with this war is not right, and we keep shoveling money into a black hole.
At this point, I think they need prayer more than money.

VERY well put!

I'm starting to suspect that the only thing that makes Ukraine special is that it's been a huge source of both the corrupt profiteering and of the money laundering that has been enriching the Biden crime family for several years now.

God willing, this will come out at some point in the future. The Dims have taught us that it's totally kohser to relentlessly pursue public figures with accusations and legal harassment long after those figures have left office. The only difference between this and the Dims witch-hunt is that the Bidens actually ARE criminals.

depserv

Zelenskyy apparently thinks he should be getting a lot more, since he paid good money to the Biden family: no one likes paying good money to a whore and then not getting all he expected for his money.

I suppose it's possible that maybe Zelenskyy didn't send a big enough share of the money he was given back to the big guy.

Or maybe the guy who gets lost in his own yard forgot about all the bribe money he had been given.

I just hope that in a few days voters give control of Congress to loyal Americans so this crime spree can be brought to an end and the perpetrators brought to justice. This will require that the wave, if it does come, is patriot red instead of RINO pink, and that seems unlikely, but we can always hope.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I never liked us being the world's policeman. While it's unfortunate that Russia invaded Ukraine, I would just as soon we kept our military away from there. And frankly we can't afford to buy all the stuff we're sending over to Ukraine. It's just more debt on our backs. I wish we'd tell our European allies that we're done with it and if Ukraine wants more help, it'll have to be Europe.

So long as we have a weak, brain dead, incompetent person in the White House v.s. a true leader, the despots of the world will take advantage of that.

NewWine2020

Zelenskyy apparently thinks he should be getting a lot more, since he paid good money to the Biden family: no one likes paying good money to a whore and then not getting all he expected for his money.

I suppose it's possible that maybe Zelenskyy didn't send a big enough share of the money he was given back to the big guy.

Or maybe the guy who gets lost in his own yard forgot about all the bribe money he had been given.

I just hope that in a few days voters give control of Congress to loyal Americans so this crime spree can be brought to an end and the perpetrators brought to justice. This will require that the wave, if it does come, is patriot red instead of RINO pink, and that seems unlikely, but we can always hope.

Amen! It's just days but seems a very long time till the election will be done; My wife and I voted last week. What makes it even more difficult to wait is the anticipation of if the Dims will cheat again. In my State of AZ there have already been a few tense confrontations at ballot drop boxes between visibly armed patriots watching and recording people suspected of being "mules" and idiot busy-body left leaning activists trying to provoke the ballot watchers.

Of course our left wing radio media paints these people who went searching for trouble and almost found it as "victims" of the awful "white nationalists trying to intimidate peaceful democrat voters." I suspect if it were BLM or Antifa watching drop boxes then the left would be totally ok w/ it.

If there is suspected cheating by the Dims in AZ I'm fully expecting some drama to go down. Our state may be "purple" rather than red now but there are plenty of us who don't want to see it turn a Dim shade of blue.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
If there is suspected cheating by the Dims in AZ I'm fully expecting some drama to go down. Our state may be "purple" rather than red now but there are plenty of us who don't want to see it turn a Dim shade of blue.

It seems that possibly Penn and Mich will be cheating. They've got experience with that... Hopefully Ariz will be spared the cheating. Hopefully, despite whatever cheating occurs, demonrats will lose their majority in both houses.

kathymendel

As much as my heart hurts for the civilians who are suffering - on both sides of this - I tend to agree with you, TT.
It is not our - or others - responsibility to defend a country who cannot defend themselves. Who would come to OUR
aid if we were attacked??? NO ONE. Never have and never will.