Rep. Upton says if the FDA approves, Pfizer can have a vaccine ready by October

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
https://wwmt.com/news/local/rep-upt...es-pfizer-can-have-a-vaccine-ready-by-october

KALAMAZOO, Mich. — Michigan Rep. Fred Upton said Friday with the FDA's approval COVID-19 vaccinations from Pfizer could be available as soon as October 2020.

On July 22, Pfizer and Biopharmaceutical New Technologies, or BioNTech, a German biopharmaceutical company, agreed to produce 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine by the end of 2020.

In an interview with Newschannel 3 morning anchor Lora Painter, Upton said the bipartisan proposal to declare a fast track designation for the vaccine is working.

"It is the light at the end of the tunnel, it really culmination of where we all really want to be," he said.

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Um, no thank you!! Have you read that the COVID vaccine Bill Gates is developing will use experimental technology and permanently change your DNA; this will have an impact on generations to come. Super creepy to me.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I dont know anyone personally who says they will take a vaccine.
I'll get a COVID vaccine when one is available and the VA or the military medical system will give me the shot. I have more faith in those who produce vaccines than many here do. I tend to be trustful until it's been proven that I shouldn't, and I've not had any major problem with vaccines over the course of my lifetime, except for a couple of live virus flu vaccines decades ago that gave me multiple flu strains at once.

I've also been traveling during this COVID thing... I've collected quite a few miles on Alaska Airlines and am finishing up my forth trip since the COVID thing started. I wear a mask when going into stores, but otherwise am living my life as normally as possible. I've not surrendered to the virus. What good is life if you can't live it?

Waiting......

I'll get a COVID vaccine when one is available and the VA or the military medical system will give me the shot. I have more faith in those who produce vaccines than many here do. I tend to be trustful until it's been proven that I shouldn't, and I've not had any major problem with vaccines over the course of my lifetime, except for a couple of live virus flu vaccines decades ago that gave me multiple flu strains at once.

I've also been traveling during this COVID thing... I've collected quite a few miles on Alaska Airlines and am finishing up my forth trip since the COVID thing started. I wear a mask when going into stores, but otherwise am living my life as normally as possible. I've not surrendered to the virus. What good is life if you can't live it?
Thank you for your advice. Everyone that says they won't doesn't take the flu shot either, but I always have with no problems. I will be sure and ask you in the future when not so trustful vaccines come into play:nurse. I do know to stay away from anything that comes thru Gates!!

cheeky200386

You'll have to let us know how it is when you get it. I'm not as trusting but like to hear people's stories if they do take vaccines. I pray nothing bad will happen to you or anyone else who takes it.

TrustinHim

Um, no thank you!! Have you read that the COVID vaccine Bill Gates is developing will use experimental technology and permanently change your DNA; this will have an impact on generations to come. Super creepy to me.
I cannot stop thinking about Mr Gates beliefs about dramatic global population reduction and I will never trust any vaccination that he has had a hand in.

Andy C

Me and you brother, both in line for the vaccine.

I live my life mostly the same as pre virus. I take my granddaughter to the playground at the park a few times a week, and people are good about keeping their distance, none are wearing a mask while outside.

Im not sure I would be comfortable flying now, then again, I hate to fly so any excuse not to works for me. I can say one thing, if I had to fly, zero chance it would be crammed in the coach section.

Many have an excuse for not taking any vaccines, so when and if a covid vaccine is developed, Im sure many reasons will be given for not taking one.

With new daily virus cases shattering several countries previous highs, the deaths around the world are climbing again. Nobody knows how long this virus will be with us, or if it will ever depart.

Mask on, life is going to get interesting.

Andy C

I dont know anyone personally who says they will take a vaccine.
Im just the opposite, nobody I have talked to about the vaccine would reject it. But, we shall see if one is developed, what the true response will be from the people who say no way now. If thousands of people are dying every day, the vaccine for even the most anti vax person out there might become easier to consent to.

moosejive

My general opinion of the vaccine is the testing has been too rushed to make sure there are no untoward side effects. Most vaccines have undergone months of rigorous testing in animals, then humans.
This vaccine hasn’t had that testing and from what I’ve read they are going straight to human testing without the usual months of examination. I,also, agree with what people are saying about Bill Gates. We are supposed believe what he says because he’s made so much money? He dropped out of college, so he has accomplished a lot, but medical knowledge is not what he was educated in.
I have read that there are vaccines that use cell lines from aborted fetuses and this vaccine is one of them. That for me was my bottom line. If I’m required to take it to work, as I have to with the flu vaccine, I’ll be starting my retirement about 3 years earlier than I’d planned.

Endangered

I had to get a covid test and it ain't purty. The gal stuck a swab so far up my nose I thought it was going into my brain. I probably left my fingerprints embedded in the arm of the chair. Test was negative but the disclaimer that followed had so many conditions it was clearly written by a lawyer, not a doc.
Dont take this test unless you have a really good reason.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I had to get a covid test and it ain't purty. The gal stuck a swab so far up my nose I thought it was going into my brain. I probably left my fingerprints embedded in the arm of the chair. Test was negative but the disclaimer that followed had so many conditions it was clearly written by a lawyer, not a doc.
Dont take this test unless you have a really good reason.
I've been tested 3 times... the 3rd one was yesterday. I'll have to get another test a week after I return to Alaska. I was never contacted with the results of my last Alaska test, and that was about 3 1/2 weeks ago. Was supposed to know in 3-5 business days. Also, the person stuck the thing too far up my nose and it came out drenched in blood. I don't like the tests, but if I'm gonna travel I don't have too much choice in the matter. I could just quarantine for two full weeks instead, but I don't like that option.