Renewing Your Mind (Scripture, Study Tools for Romans, and a poll!

Do you see evidence that your mind is being renewed through the power of the Holy Spirit?

• Yes

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unsure!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mbrown1219

Heaven's Stables
As born-again believers, we have answered the higher calling, a call to come out of the world and be transformed by the renewal of our minds. Here are some bible verses and a poll if you would like to give this subject some thought.

As well, studying the Epistle to the Romans has been helpful to me along these lines! http://www.biblestudytools.com/romans/

https://www.openbible.info/topics/renewing_your_mind
65 Bible Verses about Renewing Your Mind

Romans 12:2 ESV / 716 helpful votes
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

Philippians 4:8 ESV / 416 helpful votes
Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Romans 12:1-2 ESV / 362 helpful votes
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.

2 Corinthians 4:16 ESV / 311 helpful votes
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.

Philippians 4:6-7 ESV / 244 helpful votes
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 119:11 ESV / 242 helpful votes
I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.

Ephesians 4:23 ESV / 233 helpful votes
And to be renewed in the spirit of your minds,

1 Peter 1:13 ESV / 213 helpful votes
Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ.

2 Corinthians 10:4-5 ESV / 205 helpful votes
For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ,

Colossians 3:2 ESV / 199 helpful votes
Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.

John 8:32 ESV / 169 helpful votes
And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Joshua 1:8-9 ESV / 162 helpful votes
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Colossians 3:16 ESV / 153 helpful votes
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God.

Philippians 2:5 ESV / 117 helpful votes
Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus,

Jeremiah 29:11 ESV / 117 helpful votes
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.

John 17:17 ESV / 99 helpful votes
Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Ephesians 4:20-24 ESV / 96 helpful votes
But that is not the way you learned Christ!— assuming that you have heard about him and were taught in him, as the truth is in Jesus, to put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires, and to be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and to put on the new self, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness.

1 Corinthians 2:16 ESV / 93 helpful votes
“For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

Isaiah 40:31 ESV / 92 helpful votes
But they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 42:1-8 ESV / 88 helpful votes
Behold my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen, in whom my soul delights; I have put my Spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry aloud or lift up his voice, or make it heard in the street; a bruised reed he will not break, and a faintly burning wick he will not quench; he will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow faint or be discouraged till he has established justice in the earth; and the coastlands wait for his law. Thus says God, the Lord, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and what comes from it, who gives breath to the people on it and spirit to those who walk in it: ...

Galatians 5:1-20 ESV / 83 helpful votes
For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. Look: I, Paul, say to you that if you accept circumcision, Christ will be of no advantage to you. I testify again to every man who accepts circumcision that he is obligated to keep the whole law. You are severed from Christ, you who would be justified by the law; you have fallen away from grace. For through the Spirit, by faith, we ourselves eagerly wait for the hope of righteousness. ...

Romans 12:1 ESV / 83 helpful votes
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.

Romans 7:18-25 ESV / 81 helpful votes
For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand. For I delight in the law of God, in my inner being, ...

John 1:12 ESV / 77 helpful votes
But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,

Titus 1:15 ESV / 73 helpful votes
To the pure, all things are pure, but to the defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure; but both their minds and their consciences are defiled.

John 3:16 ESV / 67 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Philemon 1:6 ESV / 65 helpful votes
And I pray that the sharing of your faith may become effective for the full knowledge of every good thing that is in us for the sake of Christ.

1 Peter 5:8-9 ESV / 61 helpful votes
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same kinds of suffering are being experienced by your brotherhood throughout the world.

1 Timothy 6:6-10 ESV / 61 helpful votes
Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment, for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content. But those who desire to be rich fall into temptation, into a snare, into many senseless and harmful desires that plunge people into ruin and destruction. For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 ESV / 61 helpful votes
We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed;

Psalm 119:105 ESV / 58 helpful votes
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.

Joshua 1:8 ESV / 54 helpful votes
This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 ESV / 48 helpful votes
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; ...

Isaiah 35:1-10 ESV / 39 helpful votes
The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; the desert shall rejoice and blossom like the crocus; it shall blossom abundantly and rejoice with joy and singing. The glory of Lebanon shall be given to it, the majesty of Carmel and Sharon. They shall see the glory of the Lord, the majesty of our God. Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who have an anxious heart, “Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you.” Then the eyes of the blind shall be opened, and the ears of the deaf unstopped; ...

Colossians 3:10 ESV / 38 helpful votes
And have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator.

Matthew 5:28 ESV / 38 helpful votes
But I say to you that everyone who looks at a woman with lustful intent has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Colossians 1:21 ESV / 37 helpful votes
And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds,

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV / 35 helpful votes
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Titus 2:1-15 ESV / 33 helpful votes
But as for you, teach what accords with sound doctrine. Older men are to be sober-minded, dignified, self-controlled, sound in faith, in love, and in steadfastness. Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled. ...

Ephesians 4:17 ESV / 33 helpful votes
Now this I say and testify in the Lord, that you must no longer walk as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their minds.

John 8:44 ESV / 32 helpful votes
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Nahum 1:7 ESV / 32 helpful votes
The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him.

Ephesians 4:4 ESV / 31 helpful votes
There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call—

John 1:1-8:59 ESV / 30 helpful votes
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. ...

1 Corinthians 9:25-27 ESV / 25 helpful votes
Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

Proverbs 23:7 ESV / 25 helpful votes
For he is like one who is inwardly calculating. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, but his heart is not with you.

Proverbs 6:25 ESV / 23 helpful votes
Do not desire her beauty in your heart, and do not let her capture you with her eyelashes;

Isaiah 61:1-11 ESV / 22 helpful votes
The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; to proclaim the year of theLord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to grant to those who mourn in Zion— to give them a beautiful headdress instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the garment of praise instead of a faint spirit; that they may be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he may be glorified. They shall build up the ancient ruins; they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations. Strangers shall stand and tend your flocks; foreigners shall be your plowmen and vinedressers; ...

Psalm 27:1 ESV / 22 helpful votes
Of David. The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?

Psalm 37:1-40 ESV / 18 helpful votes
Of David. Fret not yourself because of evildoers; be not envious of wrongdoers! For they will soon fade like the grass and wither like the green herb. Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. ...

2 Corinthians 5:13-16 ESV / 15 helpful votes
For if we are beside ourselves, it is for God; if we are in our right mind, it is for you. For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised. From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer.

Titus 3:5 ESV / 14 helpful votes
He saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit,

Colossians 1:9-14 ESV / 13 helpful votes
And so, from the day we heard, we have not ceased to pray for you, asking that you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding, so as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God. May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light. He has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of his beloved Son, ...

2 Corinthians 5:16 ESV / 12 helpful votes
From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer.

2 Peter 1:1-11 ESV / 11 helpful votes
Simeon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who have obtained a faith of equal standing with ours by the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ: May grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire. For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, ...

Psalm 91:1-16 ESV / 11 helpful votes
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say to the Lord, “My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with his pinions, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness is a shield and buckler. You will not fear the terror of the night, nor the arrow that flies by day, ...

Psalm 22:1-31 ESV / 11 helpful votes
To the choirmaster: according to The Doe of the Dawn. A Psalm of David. My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning? O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer, and by night, but I find no rest. Yet you are holy, enthroned on the praises of Israel. In you our fathers trusted; they trusted, and you delivered them. To you they cried and were rescued; in you they trusted and were not put to shame. ...

Romans 12:1-21 ESV / 10 helpful votes
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. ...

Romans 8:6 ESV / 10 helpful votes
For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace.

Psalm 51:10 ESV / 10 helpful votes
Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me.

Acts 2:42 ESV / 8 helpful votes
And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

Romans 6:23 ESV / 5 helpful votes
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Acts 2:32 ESV / 4 helpful votes
This Jesus God raised up, and of that we all are witnesses.

Proverbs 14:30 ESV / 3 helpful votes
A tranquil heart gives life to the flesh, but envy makes the bones rot.

John 3:16-17 ESV / 2 helpful votes
“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.

Suggest a Verse
Enter a Verse Reference (e.g., John 3:16-17)

Visit the Bible online to search for words if you don’t know the specific passage your’re looking for.

Unless otherwise indicated, all content is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License. All Scripture quotations, unless otherwise indicated, are taken from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. Copyright ©2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Contact me: openbibleinfo (at) gmail.com. Cite this page: Editor: Stephen Smith. Publication date: Mar 5, 2016. Publisher: OpenBible.info.

livingskies

Thank you Mary! Such a good study, I love it.

I'll add Proverbs 3:6 "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." (am looking at Biblehub.com and over a dozen versions pops up, but mostly KJV)

One of my favorite verses I hold very dear. 3:5 as well. I repeat it many a time when faced with uncertainty, disappointment, ect.

Thanks for posting Mary, great list

Back