Relax: Mayorkas Says His New Thought Police Won’t Monitor U.S. Citizens

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
More disinformation about fighting “disinformation.”
By Robert Spencer

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas made the rounds of the talking head shows recently to do some damage control and address concerns that the Biden administration’s new Disinformation Governance Board within the Department of Homeland Security signifies an all-out war against the freedom of speech. Those concerns were only exacerbated by the revelation that the chief of Old Joe’s Thought Police, Nina Jankowicz, is an enthusiastic fascist who is so excited about censorship that she sings musical comedy numbers about it in an affected English accent. Mayorkas, however, is telling us now that there is really nothing, nothing whatsoever, to worry about. But his soothing claims show some signs of being yet more of that disinformation he claims he wants to fight.

We’ve already gotten disinformation about the Disinformation Governance Board. Jen Psaki claimed that it wasn’t the sainted President Dementia at all, but the hated Trump, who set up the Board. There doesn’t appear to be a shred of truth to this, as even Mayorkas had announced the Board as “new,” and on Sunday, CNN’s Dana Bash asked Mayorkas, “Would you be okay if Donald Trump were president, if he created this Disinformation Governance Board or if it is in place in 2024, that he’s in charge of such a thing?” Mayorkas didn’t echo Psaki and answer that Trump had actually created the Board. Instead, he insisted “that we’re safeguarding the right of free speech, that we’re safeguarding civil liberties.” Sure they are.

Despite working for CNN, Bash actually acted like a real journalist, pursuing Mayorkas about some of the principal problems with the Board. “It’s still not clear to me,” she said, “how this governance board will act and what will it do.” Good point. It’s not clear to anyone. And all Mayorkas could offer in answering this all-important question was windy generalities: “So what it does is it works to ensure that the way in which we address threats, the connectivity between threats and acts of violence, are addressed without infringing on free speech, protecting civil rights and civil liberties, the right of privacy.”

Sure. It was reminiscent of how politicians always promise that the government will magically do all manner of wonderful things for us while simultaneously lowering our taxes. Mayorkas is a similar kind of magician: he’ll stamp out alleged disinformation while protecting the freedom of speech. A regular Houdini.

Bash then asked Mayorkas: “Will American citizens be monitored?” His answer was unequivocal and reassuring: “No. The board does not have any operational authority or capability. What it will do is gather together best practices in addressing the threat of disinformation from foreign state adversaries from the cartels and disseminate those best practices to the operators that have been executing in addressing this threat for years.”

Okay, so it’s all about “disinformation” from “foreign state adversaries” and “the cartels,” not from Americans at all. Yet when Politico revealed the existence of the Board last Wednesday, it said that the Board would “coordinate countering misinformation related to homeland security, focused specifically on irregular migration and Russia.” Mayorkas then added on Thursday that the Board was intended to “more effectively combat this threat not only to election security, but to our homeland security.” Jen Psaki then mused about some of the areas the Disinfo Board might tackle: “We know there has been a range of [disinformation] out there about a range of topics, I mean, including COVID for example, and also elections and eligibility.”

Both Mayorkas and Psaki mentioned elections. The Leftist establishment has shrilly insisted that any skepticism about the one-hundred-percent honesty and integrity of the 2020 presidential election was “disinformation.” But apparently the Disinformation Governance Board won’t be dealing with that at all, but only with supposed disinformation about elections in foreign countries. And likewise, while there has been immense domestic skepticism about the administration’s COVID claims (remember Biden’s winter of severe illness and death?), the jolly old Board will only swoop in if Vladimir Putin or a drug cartel leader starts saying that maybe the virus originated in a lab in Wuhan. Do I have this right, Mr. Mayorkas?

This is apparently what Mayorkas would have us believe. Fox’s Bret Baier said to him, “Americans are generally wary of anything that suggests censorship.” Mayorkas answered that his Board was just the remedy for that: “That is exactly why we set up this working group to make sure that our work to address a real threat to the homeland, the threat posed by Russian disinformation, the threat posed by Chinese disinformation, by Iranian disinformation, the work that we do does not infringe on people’s right of free speech. That’s why this working group was set up. And we will do a better job of communicating about that.” Yet from what he and others have said so far, it sounds as if Mayorkas’ claim that “the work that we do does not infringe on people’s right of free speech” will end up looking as fake as the claim that Trump colluded with Russia. Remember, you were a purveyor of “disinformation” if you doubted that one, too.

Robert Spencer is the director of Jihad Watch and a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...new-thought-police-wont-monitor-u-s-citizens/

GotGrace

By Robert Spencer

DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas made the rounds of the talking head shows recently to do some damage control and address concerns that the Biden administration’s new Disinformation Governance Board within the Department of Homeland Security signifies an all-out war against the freedom of speech. Those concerns were only exacerbated by the revelation that the chief of Old Joe’s Thought Police, Nina Jankowicz, is an enthusiastic fascist who is so excited about censorship that she sings musical comedy numbers about it in an affected English accent. Mayorkas, however, is telling us now that there is really nothing, nothing whatsoever, to worry about. But his soothing claims show some signs of being yet more of that disinformation he claims he wants to fight.

We’ve already gotten disinformation about the Disinformation Governance Board. Jen Psaki claimed that it wasn’t the sainted President Dementia at all, but the hated Trump, who set up the Board. There doesn’t appear to be a shred of truth to this, as even Mayorkas had announced the Board as “new,” and on Sunday, CNN’s Dana Bash asked Mayorkas, “Would you be okay if Donald Trump were president, if he created this Disinformation Governance Board or if it is in place in 2024, that he’s in charge of such a thing?” Mayorkas didn’t echo Psaki and answer that Trump had actually created the Board. Instead, he insisted “that we’re safeguarding the right of free speech, that we’re safeguarding civil liberties.” Sure they are.

Despite working for CNN, Bash actually acted like a real journalist, pursuing Mayorkas about some of the principal problems with the Board. “It’s still not clear to me,” she said, “how this governance board will act and what will it do.” Good point. It’s not clear to anyone. And all Mayorkas could offer in answering this all-important question was windy generalities: “So what it does is it works to ensure that the way in which we address threats, the connectivity between threats and acts of violence, are addressed without infringing on free speech, protecting civil rights and civil liberties, the right of privacy.”

Sure. It was reminiscent of how politicians always promise that the government will magically do all manner of wonderful things for us while simultaneously lowering our taxes. Mayorkas is a similar kind of magician: he’ll stamp out alleged disinformation while protecting the freedom of speech. A regular Houdini.

Bash then asked Mayorkas: “Will American citizens be monitored?” His answer was unequivocal and reassuring: “No. The board does not have any operational authority or capability. What it will do is gather together best practices in addressing the threat of disinformation from foreign state adversaries from the cartels and disseminate those best practices to the operators that have been executing in addressing this threat for years.”

Okay, so it’s all about “disinformation” from “foreign state adversaries” and “the cartels,” not from Americans at all. Yet when Politico revealed the existence of the Board last Wednesday, it said that the Board would “coordinate countering misinformation related to homeland security, focused specifically on irregular migration and Russia.” Mayorkas then added on Thursday that the Board was intended to “more effectively combat this threat not only to election security, but to our homeland security.” Jen Psaki then mused about some of the areas the Disinfo Board might tackle: “We know there has been a range of [disinformation] out there about a range of topics, I mean, including COVID for example, and also elections and eligibility.”

Both Mayorkas and Psaki mentioned elections. The Leftist establishment has shrilly insisted that any skepticism about the one-hundred-percent honesty and integrity of the 2020 presidential election was “disinformation.” But apparently the Disinformation Governance Board won’t be dealing with that at all, but only with supposed disinformation about elections in foreign countries. And likewise, while there has been immense domestic skepticism about the administration’s COVID claims (remember Biden’s winter of severe illness and death?), the jolly old Board will only swoop in if Vladimir Putin or a drug cartel leader starts saying that maybe the virus originated in a lab in Wuhan. Do I have this right, Mr. Mayorkas?

This is apparently what Mayorkas would have us believe. Fox’s Bret Baier said to him, “Americans are generally wary of anything that suggests censorship.” Mayorkas answered that his Board was just the remedy for that: “That is exactly why we set up this working group to make sure that our work to address a real threat to the homeland, the threat posed by Russian disinformation, the threat posed by Chinese disinformation, by Iranian disinformation, the work that we do does not infringe on people’s right of free speech. That’s why this working group was set up. And we will do a better job of communicating about that.” Yet from what he and others have said so far, it sounds as if Mayorkas’ claim that “the work that we do does not infringe on people’s right of free speech” will end up looking as fake as the claim that Trump colluded with Russia. Remember, you were a purveyor of “disinformation” if you doubted that one, too.

Robert Spencer is the director of Jihad Watch and a Shillman Fellow at the David Horowitz Freedom Center.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...new-thought-police-wont-monitor-u-s-citizens/
and I have a beautiful acreage in Missouri with ocean frontage for sale CHEAP. Anybody buying that crap is senile or dead and don’t know it.

:pout2

NewWine2020

By Robert Spencer

Well, than what good are they? ;)

NewWine2020

Does he think we're all stupid?? I already know the answer to that one. America's descent into communism just picked up speed, big time.

Sadly, yes, yes most of us are EXACTLY that stupid and apathetic.

The movie Idiocracy was meant to be comedic but more and more it looks like a more accurate depiction of where western culture is headed than the Nostradamus stuff that got everyone freaked out back in the day. :)

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
I don’t trust any governments anymore. Whenever they are all on the same page about something and spew out the same rhetoric, it is an absolute lie.
Same thing with the all the mainstream news outlets, CNN MSNBC ABC NBC etc, they get on a subject and just push the same narrative over and over non stop, they all get handed the same playbook of lies to spout off no matter what network it is.

cheeky200386

I know what you are saying, but there are people that are not saved that still know that there are certain things that are wrong. Stealing, lying, etc. that many people give their hearts to :fish before they get left behind.
That's true. I always wonder why some unbelievers can see through the lies but some can't. It can't only be that they are blind. That just seems like a convenient cop out. Close to oh well Satan made me do it.

I have a friend at church whose lost husband slept with her sister and hits her. My friend gives him passes because he's lost and blind. I just tell her well my husband is lost and he doesn't hit me or cheat on me. So yeah.... It's just crickets after that.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
That's true. I always wonder why some unbelievers can see through the lies but some can't. It can't only be that they are blind. That just seems like a convenient cop out. Close to oh well Satan made me do it.

I have a friend at church whose lost husband slept with her sister and hits her. My friend gives him passes because he's lost and blind. I just tell her well my husband is lost and he doesn't hit me or cheat on me. So yeah.... It's just crickets after that.
People make excuses to cover up what some know their actions or other peoples actions are wrong. This is how people are not saved because they will not admit what :fish did for them and humble themselves.

cheeky200386

Isn't it amazing how these people stick to their party even when they are wrong. Maybe they should think about doing what is right. How about having some guts for a change.
Sadly most would rather live their lives without much risk and wait for others to put their necks out there. I do wonder if it would help to have more of a collaborative uprising. Then again who can really trust those "leaders".

My Pastor came out and told our church that he discovered the Freedom Trucker leaders were stealing the donated money. We're talking millions. My Pastor offered to refund those who gave money. He was scheduled to preach at their event and at the last minute they told him not to. He focused on sharing the gospels to the individuals. He learned that many of the individual truckers never saw a penny of the donated millions sent. They were going bankrupt and having to plan to sell their trucks to survive.

We need Men of God to stand up and lead believers to take action by praying, fasting, sharing the Gospel and getting involved in local politics and overthrowing the wicked rulers. It would take a miracle of God with how deep the wicked have their tentacles in every aspect of this country and culture. That's just my opinion.

Last edited: