Reconnect With a Brother

ChildofLight

In September, I got to see my brother Donald that I haven’t seen since early 1980’s. Reason is he made the choice of marrying an abusive woman. I know she was verbally abusive, as she alienated him from family, friends and also fired from a very good job. The eyes are truly the window to the soul. She passed away in 2013.
His youngest son and daughter visited my other brother in the nursing home. They were looking for a place for his rehab from the hospital stay.
Finding that out, I called the hospital to get room number to visit. The 2 kids were in the room. I totally did not recognize him. So pale, grey, old, frail and hard of hearing. I got to tell him I still love him and have greatly missed him. I told him it was sad the way things were. He told me it was way too long when I told him I missed him. I did a lot of tongue biting, because I wanted to stay positive and move forward.
When I went to nursing home to shave Larry, I visited a bit with Donald. Not sure how much he could hear though. After 1 week the kids pulled him out and took him home. There has been no contact since then but I am so glad the Lord gave me the chance to talk to him and make peace.

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
In September, I got to see my brother Donald that I haven’t seen since early 1980’s. Reason is he made the choice of marrying an abusive woman. I know she was verbally abusive, as she alienated him from family, friends and also fired from a very good job. The eyes are truly the window to the soul. She passed away in 2013.
His youngest son and daughter visited my other brother in the nursing home. They were looking for a place for his rehab from the hospital stay.
Finding that out, I called the hospital to get room number to visit. The 2 kids were in the room. I totally did not recognize him. So pale, grey, old, frail and hard of hearing. I got to tell him I still love him and have greatly missed him. I told him it was sad the way things were. He told me it was way too long when I told him I missed him. I did a lot of tongue biting, because I wanted to stay positive and move forward.
When I went to nursing home to shave Larry, I visited a bit with Donald. Not sure how much he could hear though. After 1 week the kids pulled him out and took him home. There has been no contact since then but I am so glad the Lord gave me the chance to talk to him and make peace.
That is great blessing that you were able to see him. Good job discerning and staying positive. It is ashame how some people are but this life is hard and nobody gets out undamaged by sin. Maybe the Lord will open another door for you if that is what you desire. What is his salvation status? If he is unsaved, the enemy could be working in the kids to keep him away. The enemy has no power to stop your prayers though as they transcend time and space. It is what he fears most so don't give up. I have sadly experienced this with friends and family too. God bless you.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Good :bighug to see you again I have wondered about you. I remember the one brother lived with you, and then went into a nursing home. So glad you got to see your other brother. How are you doing haven't seen you in awhile?

ChildofLight

That is great blessing that you were able to see him. Good job discerning and staying positive. It is ashame how some people are but this life is hard and nobody gets out undamaged by sin. Maybe the Lord will open another door for you if that is what you desire. What is his salvation status? If he is unsaved, the enemy could be working in the kids to keep him away. The enemy has no power to stop your prayers though as they transcend time and space. It is what he fears most so don't give up. I have sadly experienced this with friends and family too. God bless you.
I believe the kids are the way they are because of their mother being abusive, so there is no telling what she told them. Usually in those situations it is don’t tell anyone anything and stay much to yourself. Apparently they don’t have much to do with her family either.
I really believe he is saved. It was so surprising when he married her and he did a completely 180. There were other personal issues for him at that time and yes, the devil sneaks in and takes advantage. Instead at that time turning to God it was Jack Daniels.

ChildofLight

I had put this in prayer request but also posting here since regarding the same brother. Glad the Lord gave me the chance to reconnect with him.

As of 6:45 on this Christmas Eve, my brother Donald has gone to be in the presence of our Lord. He is celebrating a joyous time there with family and friends that have preceded.
Thank you all for the prayers.

ChildofLight

Christmas Eve I had just sat down to enjoy the evening after washing my hair and getting ready for bed, when my phone rung. It was Donald’s daughter calling in a panic to come over they needed me. She gave me the address and struggled to find the road and house in the dark. I don’t drive at night as headlights are an issue and I just can’t see corners and such. The son living there was calm and collected. The other son came in and we all waited for hospice to come and make the final arrangements. The kids seem very receptive to finding out more about Donald’s life because apparently he never talked much about himself or family. I didn’t expand much on any information as I just didn’t seem comfortable doing it at that time. Too much going on and worst of all was 2 constant barking mutts.

Christmas morning I wrote my brother’s obit as I knew the kids knew nothing about his life. I left a hole that they could fill in regarding after his marriage. I sent it to them and informed them how to place a free obit in our local newspaper. They appreciated it very much.

I’m considering getting together my sister’s husband, daughter, my oldest brother’s wife and 2 of their kids, and Donald’s 3 kids and have a meal to tell our stories to them about their dad and how wonderful a man he was. There is just the right amount to sit around the table in relaxed atmosphere, so maybe they won’t feel overwhelmed.

I’m the keeper of the old family photos. Later on I may get together with them and just show them their ancestors.

God is Good.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
Christmas Eve I had just sat down to enjoy the evening after washing my hair and getting ready for bed, when my phone rung. It was Donald’s daughter calling in a panic to come over they needed me. She gave me the address and struggled to find the road and house in the dark. I don’t drive at night as headlights are an issue and I just can’t see corners and such. The son living there was calm and collected. The other son came in and we all waited for hospice to come and make the final arrangements. The kids seem very receptive to finding out more about Donald’s life because apparently he never talked much about himself or family. I didn’t expand much on any information as I just didn’t seem comfortable doing it at that time. Too much going on and worst of all was 2 constant barking mutts.

Christmas morning I wrote my brother’s obit as I knew the kids knew nothing about his life. I left a hole that they could fill in regarding after his marriage. I sent it to them and informed them how to place a free obit in our local newspaper. They appreciated it very much.

I’m considering getting together my sister’s husband, daughter, my oldest brother’s wife and 2 of their kids, and Donald’s 3 kids and have a meal to tell our stories to them about their dad and how wonderful a man he was. There is just the right amount to sit around the table in relaxed atmosphere, so maybe they won’t feel overwhelmed.

I’m the keeper of the old family photos. Later on I may get together with them and just show them their ancestors.

God is Good.
Sorry :cry to hear your brother has passed away, but good :bighug to know he is in his heavenly home. Is Donald the brother that lived with you?

ChildofLight

Thank you all for the prayers.
My 2 deceased siblings’ families and I are getting together this next Sunday for a meal at a restaurant and tell our stories about the wonderful man Donald was. Looking forward to it, as they do not know anything about his past and what a truly fine man he was.

Back