Reasons Ezek 38-39 comes before Tribulation

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Here's to praying 2023 is the year. I'm ready to blow this popsicle stand of growing stupidity and satanic evil. I pray for the salvation of all. It's heartbreaking.
Amen dear friend!
I personally, and only speak for myself , but I've witnessed the drawing of The Holy Spirit towards the hearts of man like no other times past.
I've witnessed the mighty hand of God at work in so many areas and facets that I am astounded by His amazing grace and mercy .
Quite amazed to say the least.
Those in Christ are blood bought , purchased with the shed blood of Christ, the only begotten Son of God.
What an honor and privilege to serve the resurrected Saviour and King of kings and Lord of lords at such a time as this!

Looking forward to that glorious day!!!
Praise His Holy name!!!

iwouldbewithyouificould

In Ezekiel 38, WHO is Gog, specifically? Ezekiel 38 describes him as being from the land of Magog, holding the ruling title over the lands of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. For a time, I thought it might be Putin. When I heard of Yevgeny Prigozhin and how he was leading a potential coup against the incumbent Russian strongman, I shifted my opinion and thought it might be him, and also because his surname "Prigozhin" might lead to having the nickname "Gog", rendering the middle syllable "Goz" as "Gog". Of course, official media articles reporting his death by possible assassination seem to take him out of consideration. Could it be Putin? If not Putin, could that person be alive today?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
In Ezekiel 38, WHO is Gog, specifically? Ezekiel 38 describes him as being from the land of Magog, holding the ruling title over the lands of Rosh, Meshech, and Tubal. For a time, I thought it might be Putin. When I heard of Yevgeny Prigozhin and how he was leading a potential coup against the incumbent Russian strongman, I shifted my opinion and thought it might be him, and also because his surname "Prigozhin" might lead to having the nickname "Gog", rendering the middle syllable "Goz" as "Gog". Of course, official media articles reporting his death by possible assassination seem to take him out of consideration. Could it be Putin? If not Putin, could that person be alive today?

Because the Bible mentions Gog more than once in different events, I figure Gog himself is a fallen angel. Who he'll work through remains to be seen, I think that's what you're really asking.

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
not Putin, could that person be alive today?
I think the evil one has had people in place throughout history that he could use, as he does not know the exact timing of events.
I imagine after Israel became a nation again he has had many people in positions of authority....just waiting.
This is only my opinion, not scripture. I think the Rapture will be soon, so I can see where even the one who will be the AC is alive right now.

ItIsFinished!

ItIsFinished!

I think the evil one has had people in place throughout history that he could use, as he does not know the exact timing of events.
I imagine after Israel became a nation again he has had many people in positions of authority....just waiting.
This is only my opinion, not scripture. I think the Rapture will be soon, so I can see where even the one who will be the AC is alive right now.
Yup.
I think the silver tongued lawless one is amongst us as well.
However we (The Body of Christ/Church) will be gone/removed ever so quickly before he is revealed.
This fallen, fractured world is ripe and ready for his arrival.
However, I'm sure more chaos of various natures will come before, as well as deep deception(s).

Hidden

More to my previous post about the distinction between the Daniel and Ezekiel timelines:

It occurred to me that the Greco-Roman world which coincided with the 70 Weeks of Daniel are missing in the Book of Ezekiel. Daniel and Ezekiel overlap in the time of Assyria, Babylon, and Medo-Persia which ran for about 140 years (586 BC to 446/445 BC). Even Egypt was mentioned in Ezekiel. But Greece and Rome are not mentioned or alluded to or prophesied in the Book of Ezekiel. Interesting.

Strictly speaking the 69th Week ended at the cross, although Rome itself continued on for almost 400 years. But Rome disintegrated and we're at the cusp of its revival. At the same time, I believe we're at the time of Gog whom God will bring to an end soon in the mountains of Israel.

athenasius

More to my previous post about the distinction between the Daniel and Ezekiel timelines:

It occurred to me that the Greco-Roman world which coincided with the 70 Weeks of Daniel are missing in the Book of Ezekiel. Daniel and Ezekiel overlap in the time of Assyria, Babylon, and Medo-Persia which ran for about 140 years (586 BC to 446/445 BC). Even Egypt was mentioned in Ezekiel. But Greece and Rome are not mentioned or alluded to or prophesied in the Book of Ezekiel. Interesting.

Strictly speaking the 69th Week ended at the cross, although Rome itself continued on for almost 400 years. But Rome disintegrated and we're at the cusp of its revival. At the same time, I believe we're at the time of Gog whom God will bring to an end soon in the mountains of Israel.
I LOVE that distinction. You are definitely onto something there. I linked your previous post down below because I don't want it lost in the shuffle.
Great discussion!

One of the reasons why I think the Ezekiel and Daniel timelines do not overlap is that Ezekiel and many OT books show God as YHWH while Daniel reveals the Lord as the Son of Man who approaches the Ancient of Days and "was given dominion and glory and a kingdom". (Daniel 7:13)

The Ezekiel journey is Israel returning back to YHWH, while Daniel shows Israel that YHWH is none other than the Messiah, the Son of Man, the Lord Jesus Christ. The 7-year tribulation is not in view in Ezekiel, while it is described in detail in Daniel and Zechariah. Zechariah reveals YHWH as the One whom they have pierced. (Zech. 12:10)

The entire 7-year tribulation is Israel's journey of knowing their Messiah. The fact that many will flee to the wilderness at the mid-point is a hint that they will have begun warming up to the idea that Christ is their Messiah because it was He who gave the instruction to them to flee to the wilderness when they see the AoD. And for 3 1/2 years they will wrestle (Israel's name) with this idea until they acknowledge corporately that He is indeed their Messiah.

So yeah, I think the Ezekiel 38-39 War is pre-trib.

Jaybird

I agree, That is a very interesting explanation. I would like to be here to see the Gog/Magog coalition destroyed by the supernatural hand of God. What a sight to witness! Of course the world will have some crazy explanation for their defeat, but we will know the truth. It will be interesting to see how the news media explains that event.

katt

I mean that we will gone before the antichrist reveal. Or will we see the ac reveal who or not?
No, I don't believe we'll see the AC reveal because that kicks off The Tribulation, but my personal opinion has changed in the last year about the One world Government. I hope I am so wrong, but, I believe the One World Government will be up and running with possibly him in charge at the time of the rapture. My reason for this is that I don't believe there is a gap between the rapture and the set up of the NWO.

daygo

No, I don't believe we'll see the AC reveal because that kicks off The Tribulation, but my personal opinion has changed in the last year about the One world Government. I hope I am so wrong, but, I believe the One World Government will be up and running with possibly him in charge at the time of the rapture. My reason for this is that I don't believe there is a gap between the rapture and the set up of the NWO.
Imo they'll be no owg, it'll be east west divide.

katt

Imo they'll be no owg, it'll be east west divide.
There will be nations that are not part of it, or fight against it from the very beginning, else where would the sheep nations come from? For years I have prayed that America would be among them, however, I'm afraid that ship sailed all those years ago when Roosevelt sent that ship load of Jews back to Germany before Pearl Harbor happened.

Back