Ready or Not, Here It Comes

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Ready or Not, Here It Comes
By Nathele Graham

I’ve seen many articles lately with titles asking the question “Are You Ready”. That’s a very good question, but what are you ready for? How do you prepare for something you don’t know about? The best way to prepare for anything is to study and learn about it. If the question is about the Rapture and the Great Tribulation, study Scripture. God’s word has much information about both of these events, and Scripture will give you a good idea where we are in God’s timing. Let’s talk a little about each of these events. There is so much information in Scripture, that I can only lightly talk about each one. The Rapture is also called “The Blessed Hope”, only affects certain people throughout the world. It will happen quietly, quickly, and unexpectedly. You may be having a conversation with a friend or family member, and suddenly they will disappear.

“Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.” – 1 Corinthians 15:51-53.

The Apostle Paul was the one who was given the privilege of disclosing the Rapture. Although it is hinted at in the Old Testament, it was never openly declared. The first hint is seen in Enoch. At a time when the world was very evil, fallen angels mated with human women, and wickedness was everywhere, Enoch kept himself away from the activities of the world.

“And Enoch lived sixty and five years, and begat Methuselah: and Enoch walked with God after he begat Methuselah three hundred years, and begat sons and daughters: and all the days of Enoch were three hundred sixty and five years: and Enoch walked with God: and he was not; for God took him.” – Genesis 5:21-24.

The writer of Hebrews also talks about Enoch.

“By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony that he pleased God.” – Hebrews 11:5.

Enoch didn’t die but was taken to Heaven by God. God’s judgment was coming and God took him prior to the judgment of the Flood of Noah Enoch is described as a man who walked with God and that’s the only way to be ready for the Rapture and miss God’s wrath pouring out during the Tribulation period. Turn your life over to God. Repent of sin in your life, and ask Jesus to forgive you.

God’s wrath is coming, but Christians can be sure we won’t face it. When Paul wrote to the Christians in Thessalonica, he commended them for turning from their pagan ways.

“For they themselves shew of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God’ and to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.” – 1 Thessalonians 1:9-10.

Those who have chosen to reject the free gift of salvation through Jesus will be left on earth to face God’s wrath. The Apostle John was given a look into the future and wrote what he saw in the book of Revelation. Jesus dictated seven letters to various churches and those letters describe history of the church age in advance. Once the last letter was written, John experienced the Rapture.

“After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter. And immediately I was in the spirit: and, behold, a throne was set in heaven, and one sat on the throne.” – Revelation 4:1-2.

John represents Christians who are Raptured when the Church Age is over, but before God’s wrath comes. There are many passages in Scripture that describe those final seven years, including Daniel chapters 9 through 12, and Revelation beginning in chapter 6. It begins when the first seal is broken and the evil horsemen of the apocalypse begin their deadly ride. The Tribulation is a seven-year period of time that will affect the entire world. Satan will be unleashed and pure evil will permeate everything. A completely evil man will step into power; he will be controlled by Satan.

“Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.” – 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4.

There will be a one-world economic system (keep your eye on the World Economic Forum) and a one-world religion. The evil world leader will require everyone to take his mark.

“And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: and that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.” – Revelation 13:16-17.

If you take his mark, you will forfeit your soul. You will have sealed your own fate. God’s judgments will begin sometime after the Rapture; we are not living in the Tribulation today. We are getting close to the judgments, but as of the time I’m writing this, the judgments haven’t begun.

When watching signs of the times, keep an eye on Israel; God hasn’t forgotten them, and they haven’t been replaced. They are ready to build the third temple, which will be the one the Abomination of Desolation (described by Daniel and by Jesus) will stand in.

“When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand, Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains” – Matthew 24:15-16.

Studying prophecy will enlighten you, but does it prepare you? In some ways, yes. Don’t delay in accepting salvation through Christ. Many signs of the Tribulation are falling into place today, which tells us that our time on earth is very short. It seems the entire world is focused on dividing Israel, and God won’t condone that. Fighting near Damascus makes one think of the prophecy in Isaiah 17 stating Damascus will be a ruinous heap. Iran is about to have a nuclear bomb, which is a bad idea on many levels. The Jewish Temple is ready to be built, and that is a major sign. Earthquakes are increasing and occurring in unusual places. The covid craziness was a precursor to the pestilence of that time and the mark of the beast, and creating panic leading to government control The wickedness seen around the world, as well as the moral decay are signs. How do we prepare for the total chaos of the Great Tribulation? We can stock up on food, medical supplies, and water, but is that enough? It’s better to accept Jesus and miss it altogether by being taken in the Rapture.

As you follow prophetic events, keep in mind that Satan thrives on chaos and lies; truth is found in Scripture not on CNN. Satan puts stumbling blocks in your way to stop you from studying Scripture. He wants fear and confusion to blind you to God’s truth. Many things are happening on a global level that indicate something big is about to happen. People “feel it in the air”, and Scripture tells us what signs to look for (Matthew chapter 24 is a good place to start). Be sure you understand the sequence of events and difference in them. The Rapture will occur first and will take Christians to Heaven, then sometime later, the Tribulation will begin, and that’s when God’s wrath will be poured out. The Second Coming will happen at the end of the seven-year Tribulation. As we near the end, events of prophecy will seem to speed up and happen faster. Don’t live in fear, but study God’s word and you’ll have peace knowing that God isn’t surprised by these events, and loves His creation.

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” – John 3:16.

Faith in Jesus is our only hope. Prophecies in Daniel warn the world in general, but Israel in particular, about very troubled times. The end of time is coming and the signs are happening rapidly. The only way to be ready is to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour. In that way you’ll be taken in the Rapture instead of remaining on earth to face the horrors of the Tribulation. God has warned us, but the choice to heed His warning is up to each person individually. The truth is, if you procrastinate, you may die before you accept Christ. Only faith in Jesus will assure that you spend eternity in Heaven with Him. Don’t think that rejecting Christ and spending eternity in Hell is going to be a big party and lots of fun. God describes it very differently. Eternity in darkness in the lake of fire that burns forever won’t be a party.

“And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.” – Revelation 20:15.

It’s a choice that must be made prior to leaving this world. The good news is, if you’ve given your life to Christ now, you won’t be on earth for that final judgment. God always gives warning, and doesn’t want any person to face the days of His wrath or eternity separated from Him. Turn to Him now, today, before it’s too late. What’s stopping you from asking Christ to forgive you and save you from damnation? Only you can make the choice for yourself. Look into your life. Is there anything you’re holding on to that’s worth eternity in Hell? Give your life to Christ now, and when the Rapture happens, you’ll be one who disappears and enters eternity and peace with God. Ready or not, it’s coming.

Make your decision now and find a Christ centered, Bible believing congregation. Fellowship with fellow Christians and witness to people who haven’t come to faith in Christ. God wants you to find peace, but Satan wants you to allow fear to blind you to God’s truth.

“We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.” – 2 Peter 1:19-21.

Biblical prophecy is very neglected by many pastors today. Don’t let that hinder your studies. Maybe you can teach your pastor a thing or two!

As you study Scripture, especially end times, remember many verses speak of the Rapture and others speak of Christ’s second coming. These are two separate events. The Rapture will happen at least 7 years before the Second Coming of Christ. One day if you notice that many people have gone missing, that’s the Rapture. You’ll probably hear many stories of alien abduction or “mother earth” purging herself of people who don’t care for her like they should. Those are lies. The truth is very serious and you should pay attention to that truth now. God’s judgment is coming. Huge hailstones will pummel the earth, water will be undrinkable, demonic activity will be seen everywhere, and your life will be worthless. Satan, in the form of the Anti-Christ, will become the ruler of this world and require everybody to take his mark. If you refuse to take it you cannot buy or sell. On the other hand, if you do take it, you won’t be able to escape the final judgment and spend eternity in the lake of fire. There will be some very brave people who’ll come to salvation during this time, but when the enemy catches them, they will be beheaded. The tribulation of that day will be unbearable. Ready or not, it’s coming.

Are you ready? Have you accepted the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for your salvation? Make your decision now. Ready or not, here it comes.

God bless you all,

Nathele Graham
[email protected]
[email protected]

All original scripture is “theopneustos” God breathed.

If you’d like to be on my mailing list to receive the commentaries just drop me an email and let me know.

https://www.raptureforums.com/ron-nathele-graham/ready-or-not-here-it-comes/

SarahRose

I’m ready!

I’ve said this before in this forum but I’m sure many can relate — my faith has grown so much because of studying the end times. I’m going through some hard times (as we all are in one way or another) but my joy is in Christ. He has given me, a nobody, a chance at eternal happiness through His sacrifice.

Back