RCC's claim to Peter

Set free 47

Catholic school girls can be interesting. When Catholics enter the sanctuary, they will dip their fingers in a bowl of "holy water" and make the sign of the cross and genuflect. My wife said that when she was at a Catholc High School the girls would line up and instead of each girl dipping in the water they would touch each others fingers of each girl in line. Well, some of them carry on this practice into adulthood, go figure. I wonder if this is in there catechism?

Set free 47

There is this sad, mixed up show on the EWTN, RCC cable channel called "The Journey Home" which is an interview format show where "confused Protestants" or wayword Catholics come home and return to their "true home" the RCC. I feel sorry for these mixed up people; they have been lead to believe that the true church is some denomination or institution. They can never seem to grasp that the true church is actually the invisible body of all those who have trusted Christ as their only salvation and that they are sealed by the Spirit into this one true body the church forever. (1 Cor 12:12,13; Eph 1:13,14) The church is an invisible body, not some building or man made institution like the RCC or some denomination like Baptist or Methodist.

Last edited:

Set free 47

They will not in all probability have you on Xeno. Most of the shows are archived from years ago. I think the host of the show, an ex Presbyterian, may have died and these are older shows. They do this with Mother Angelica shows also who is also dead. They don't want people like you and me who would shine the light of truth on them and telll them the true church is only composed of those who have believe they have been finally and absolutely saved by Christ for all eternity: that saints are actually the church of all the saved.. They want people who have submitted and returned to the RCC as the "true church." I guess you can email EWTN and express your desire to be on and try to straighten them out. Good luck.
I try to remind myself to avoid EWTN and theiir false pagan teachings. Satan can use false teachings to confuse us. As an ex Catholic, I have learned my lesson. so I try to be careful what i watch. The RCC insists on salvation by works and more works: they say so in many ways. Just look at how they toot Mother Teresa and all their "saints." Take it from an ex catholic, the devil keeps them afloat. Paul condemned their false gospel of working your way to heaven in Galatians 1.

Last edited:

SkyRider

There is this sad, mixed up show on the EWTN, RCC cable channel called "The Journey Home" which is an interview format show where "confused Protestants" or wayword Catholics come home and return to their "true home" the RCC. I feel sorry for these mixed up people; they have been lead to believe that the true church is some denomination or institution. They can never seem to grasp that the true church is actually the invisible body of all those who have trusted Christ as their only salvation and that they are sealed by the Spirit into this one true body the church forever. (1 Cor 12:12,13; Eph 1:13,14) The church is an invisible body, not some building or man made institution like the RCC or some denomination like Baptist or Methodist.
The come home to Rome ploy has been in existence for quite a while now. Us “heretics”, or now politely referred to as “seperated brethren”, or former Catholics, have been extended an olive branch on a welcome mat, to rejoin the mother church, but to give up our foolish Protestant beliefs. It is all part of their ecumenical drive - that all religions are welcomed into the Catholic fold, with the proviso that the pope would be head of all. Sadly, many have surrendered their biblical beliefs and have once again joined their system of bondage.

As far as the “mother” on the Catholic channel, is she the one that “prays” the rosary to their faithful? If it is the program that I am thinking of, they could just use that same tape everyday, as it is the same monotonous tv show over and over. It could be the same vain repetitions of the same vain repetitions of the rosary that she utters, which produces none effect whatsoever.

I'll pass on the invite to return to Rome.

Set free 47

Ad Nauseum.
Just a note: I read an Anglican Church web site and they seem just an extension of the RCC, They encourage members to pray the rosery, they have lots of holy days, priests, genuflecting, confession, an elaborate mass and of course their constitution the 1928 Book of Common Prayers. So much for the Protestant Reformation.
Back when I was younger in 1971 I had moved into an apartment that was across the street from an Episcopal Church. I decided to attend one Sunday. Wow, I thought I was in a RCC mass. It seemed everyone was kneeling most of the time and it took forever for the communion to end. I remember this older woman I was seated next to and rather than saying hi to me and welcoming me, she rather sternly told me I should be following along in their Missel (Book of Common Prayer) and correctly participating in the Eucharist. I have noticed over the years that most Episcopalians I have known seem to have a kind of cold snobbish air about them. This is what "churchianity" can do.

SkyRider

Ad Nauseum.
Just a note: I read an Anglican Church web site and they seem just an extension of the RCC, They encourage members to pray the rosery, they have lots of holy days, priests, genuflecting, confession, an elaborate mass and of course their constitution the 1928 Book of Common Prayers. So much for the Protestant Reformation.
Yes, the Society of Jesus - the Jesuits - have infiltrated the Anglican Church, as well as a lot of other denominations. That is their mission. Maybe a lot of the apostasy movements have been triggered by them.

Set free 47

And just wait until after we have been translated. Guess who will be running the harlot tribulation church. I don't know who the AC will be but the Jesuits may be put in charge of giving out the mark of the beast and have the guillotine ready for those who have trusted Christ alone for their salvation and who refuse the mark of the beast. We may just have front row seats in Heaven to see this seven year papist horror show. (Rev 6 thru 18). It may end up making the RCC's Spanish inquisition look like a picnic. I have been leaving gospel tracts on how to be saved. I just pray these will lead even more to salvation. Time is getting short and we are close to the rapture.!

SkyRider

And just wait until after we have been translated. Guess who will be running the harlot tribulation church. I don't know who the AC will be but the Jesuits may be put in charge of giving out the mark of the beast and have the guillotine ready for those who have trusted Christ alone for their salvation and who refuse the mark of the beast. We may just have front row seats in Heaven to see this seven year papist horror show. (Rev 6 thru 18). It may end up making the RCC's Spanish inquisition look like a picnic. I have been leaving gospel tracts on how to be saved. I just pray these will lead even more to salvation. Time is getting short and we are close to the rapture.!
I think you are right. I have been reading up and watching a few videos on the history of the Jesuits lately and I don't think a more evil group has ever influenced the history of man as they have. I am convinced they will be used heavily by Satan to carry out his nefarious agenda during the Trib. I think a worldwide Holocaust/Inquisition will march across the planet, taking out any and all who refuse the Mark. We are told in Revelation about a great number of Trib saints under the altar who are seeking God's judgment on those who killed them, so I think the slaughter will be great. The Jesuits and the Dominicans killed millions in Europe during the papist inquisitions and crusades - when both Jews and Muslims were killed during the times when the popes wanted control of the Holy Land - and I see no reason why those campaigns won't get underway again, but on a much grander scale.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Ad Nauseum.
Back when I was younger in 1971 I had moved into an apartment that was across the street from an Episcopal Church. I decided to attend one Sunday. Wow, I thought I was in a RCC mass. It seemed everyone was kneeling most of the time and it took forever for the communion to end. I remember this older woman I was seated next to and rather than saying hi to me and welcoming me, she rather sternly told me I should be following along in their Missel (Book of Common Prayer) and correctly participating in the Eucharist. I have noticed over the years that most Episcopalians I have known seem to have a kind of cold snobbish air about them. This is what "churchianity" can

Nevermind.

Last edited:

Jaybird

I think you are right. I have been reading up and watching a few videos on the history of the Jesuits lately and I don't think a more evil group has ever influenced the history of man as they have. I am convinced they will be used heavily by Satan to carry out his nefarious agenda during the Trib. I think a worldwide Holocaust/Inquisition will march across the planet, taking out any and all who refuse the Mark. We are told in Revelation about a great number of Trib saints under the altar who are seeking God's judgment on those who killed them, so I think the slaughter will be great. The Jesuits and the Dominicans killed millions in Europe during the papist inquisitions and crusades - when both Jews and Muslims were killed during the times when the popes wanted control of the Holy Land - and I see no reason why those campaigns won't get underway again, but on a much grander scale.
You may be on to something here. After all the RCC has a lot of experience killing people who don't agree with their theology. You don't have too look to far back in history to see the evidence. When they had the power to kill, they did. All in the name of religion. Modern day Catholics fail to view this sordid history of the RCC. I guess they might think that times were different, their thinking has evolved, etc.. You can come up with a million excuses, but you can not hide the facts. The Inquisition, the Thirty Years War, the Crusades. It's a long list with millions killed for just believing in something different or challenging the RCC. If that is not demonic I don't what else is!

Set free 47

Years ago, I posted to this John Calvin fan or this Reformed forum that Calvin would execute his cruelty and wrath on any "heretics" in Geneva and elsewhere. I asked him if he was aware that these Puritan Calvinists would even burn people at the steak. I asked him if the Salem Witch Trails were not run by these Calvinist Puritans you seem to venerate. Rather than a serious response, he responded, "Well, no one had better burn my steak!" I think the RCC, Calvinism, LS churches can really indoctrinate and brainwash people.. even to condoning witch hunts.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
Very plausible.
The Jesuits are basically the "military" branch of the RCC.
They were instilled to create order after the Martin Luther situation.
And they've only grown in numbers and power.
We have the first Jesuit Pope and the Vatican is saturated with Jesuits.
Also , these very evil scheming Luciferians look forward to the coming AC.
They are preparing for him.
A whole lot of action going on at the Vatican .
They will absolutely be used by him to carry out much brutality and death.
They will be massively deceived and duped.

I'm being very concise with my thoughts in regards to this.
There is much dark history and future with these
Jesuits.

Jaybird

I decided to do a little research on the topic of Peter and his relationship to Rome. As we know the RCC claims Peter was basically the first Pope. In fact, they also claim that he is buried in St. Peter's Cathedral in Rome. To give credit where it is due this excerpt was from an article in the magazine Biblical Archaeology published on May 26, 2022 by Nicola Denzey Lewis an Associate Professor in the Department of Religious Studies at Brown University, who specializes in Gnosticism, Late Antiquity, Roman social history, the history of Christianity, and women and gender.

Here is the article excerpt: (the bold highlights are mine).

Is it likely that the apostle Peter went to Rome and founded the church there?
Interestingly, the Bible says nothing about Peter ever traveling to Rome. When the gospels end, Peter is in Jerusalem. It’s the same in the Book of Acts. The Apostle Paul, in his letters, also talks about meeting Peter in the eastern Mediterranean. After Jesus’ death, Paul says that Jesus’ brother, James, and Peter are the co-leaders of the “church,” or assembly, of Jesus-followers in Jerusalem. In short, there is no early textual evidence for Peter in Rome, so for some people, it’s very hard to believe that he ever traveled there. Not only is it a very long way, according to the New Testament, Peter was a fisherman who was not very educated and who spoke only Aramaic; he was not the type of person that might travel widely across the Roman Empire to a large city where Latin and Greek were the dominant languages. The absence of connection between Peter and Rome in the New Testament, the lack of references to him in our earliest Roman Christian literature, and what we know of Peter’s background and character all combine to make it unlikely, to my mind, that he ever went to Rome.

Is there any evidence that the apostle Peter died in Rome?
There is no solid evidence—textual or even archaeological—that Peter died in Rome
. Starting around the end of the second century, Christian pilgrims went to see Peter’s tropaion. But a tropaion is not a tomb. The word itself is very unusual; sometimes translated as “trophy,” it means something like a war memorial or a cenotaph (i.e., an empty grave). It’s not the word used in the Roman Empire for a burial place. Yet this spot—which was originally in the middle of an ancient cemetery—was quickly understood as the place where Peter was buried. When it was excavated in the 1950s, archaeologists were shocked to find that there was no grave and no bones under the tropaion. Only later were some bones produced from that excavation, and it’s a fascinating story we talk about in Finding Jesus. Are these Peter’s bones? That appears to be a matter of faith. The official Vatican position, first stated in 1968, is that they might be.

You make your own conclusion. What is the truth about Peter?

paul289

Funny how people go from "Jesus called Simon 'Petros,' which means rock, and Jesus said he would build his church on the 'petra' which means rock," to "The Roman Catholic Church is the one true church, so Simon Peter must have gone to Rome." It's quite the logical leap.

Jaybird

Logical and factual can be mutually exclusive. This is one of those times when the facts clearly don't match the "logic."

Xenosjeff

Something else that Rome's mythical Peter highlights is that Rome is built on a foundation of very dubious leaps of logic.
Nowhere does the Bible say that Peter went to Rome.
Nowhere does the Bible say Peter will be the leader of the one true church.
Nowhere does the Bible say Peter is a Petra.
Nowhere does the Bible say Peter will be the Apostle to the gentiles.
Nowhere does the Bible say anybody has the authority to keep adding to scripture.
Nowhere does the Bible say large groups of guys in funny hats by virtue of all agreeing on something makes it infallible.
Nowhere does the Bible say that that the Lord needs a vicar, pope, nun, super saints or re-presented daily.
Nowhere does the Bible say that anything other than "once for all" was required for the sacrifice of our Lord. Once for all means just that.

Rome is a house of cards. Nothing can change that.

Jeff

Jaybird

Something else that Rome's mythical Peter highlights is that Rome is built on a foundation of very dubious leaps of logic.
Nowhere does the Bible say that Peter went to Rome.
Nowhere does the Bible say Peter will be the leader of the one true church.
Nowhere does the Bible say Peter is a Petra.
Nowhere does the Bible say Peter will be the Apostle to the gentiles.
Nowhere does the Bible say anybody has the authority to keep adding to scripture.
Nowhere does the Bible say large groups of guys in funny hats by virtue of all agreeing on something makes it infallible.
Nowhere does the Bible say that that the Lord needs a vicar, pope, nun, super saints or re-presented daily.
Nowhere does the Bible say that anything other than "once for all" was required for the sacrifice of our Lord. Once for all means just that.

Rome is a house of cards. Nothing can change that.

Jeff
Amen, brother. Now if I could only get my RCC family members and friends to see the truth!

Set free 47

All one needs to do is see how difficult the RCC makes salvation. The RCC is a cult. The pope is a cult leader. Take a look at the RCC salvation "salvation map" here and ask yourself why anyone would go through all these hoops to be saved? It's because the RCC wants people held in bondage to them.

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman-catholicism/the-roman-catholic-salvation-plan/

salvation4.jpg
Chris this RCC "salvation" map makes salvation into a convoluted nightmare! Salvation is so simple, resting ones faith in Christ alone, instead of the mess the RCC has made of it.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Chris this RCC "salvation" map makes salvation into a convoluted nightmare! Salvation is so simple, resting ones faith in Christ alone, instead of the mess the RCC has made of it.

Yes, they have. God does not want any to perish, but all to come to the loving and saving grace of the Lord Jesus Christ. He makes salvation as easy as "believing in the One God sent" whereas the RCC tried to make people jump through hoops like circus animals for salvation. :doh

We at Rapture Forums call people out of the RCC while it is not too late. :thumbup

Revelation 18:1-7

"1And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory. 2And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird. 3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies. 4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. 5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. 6Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double. 7How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she saith in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow."

Back