RCC's claim to Peter

Xenosjeff

Your claims are false. You cannot logically or biblically come to those conclusions. The CCC can't be made right. The Romanist religion you prop up has to use men's opinions and false dogma to reverse engineer an answer that only works using extra biblical rubbish. Quit deceiving yourself.
Peter was a petros. Christ is the Rock. Peter was used as a building block. Your ridiculous twists of exegesis are shameful.

Jeff

Jaybird

The RCC at the Council of Trent (refuting the Reformation) clearly rejected the Biblical truth that we are saved by faith and faith alone. They clearly stated that to be "saved" one had to have faith AND follow church traditions. Is a tradition not an act of "work."

Paul stated in Ephesians 2: 8-9:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Traditions are works. This is not Biblical, it is man made. Paul also stated the following:

Galatians 1:6-9:

"I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel— not that there is another one, but there are some who trouble you and want to distort the gospel of Christ. But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach to you a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be accursed. As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you received, let him be accursed."

It is all about Christ. Paul stated this:

Colossians 2: 8-15:

"See to it that no one takes you captive by philosophy and empty deceit, according to human tradition, according to the elemental spirits of the world, and not according to Christ. For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily, and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him.

You need to stop listening to what your religious leaders tell you to do and read your Bible to know the Truth (which by the way the RCC forbade reading for hundreds of years - what were they trying to hide? The truth!

I was raised in the RCC attending Catholic schools until I went off to college so don't tell me I don't know what they believe - I do and reject all of it!

Last edited:

Seashell

Peter
Your claims are false. You cannot logically or biblically come to those conclusions. The CCC can't be made right. The Romanist religion you prop up has to use men's opinions and false dogma to reverse engineer an answer that only works using extra biblical rubbish. Quit deceiving yourself.
Peter was a petros. Christ is the Rock. Peter was used as a building block. Your ridiculous twists of exegesis are shameful.

Jeff
Peter was Jesus’s Rock.

Xenosjeff

Peter

Peter was Jesus’s Rock.
What in the world does that mean? Do you really want to skip the root of the Catholic problem?

Peter was a building block. Christ is the cornerstone, the bedrock, the foundation, the Petra. That's why the words are different. They mean different things. When Jesus responded to Petros he acknowledged that Peter spoke the truth and that Christ would build His church upon Christ's identity as the foundation of that church.
Quit with the half answers. Your a Catholic trying to float half baked corrupted apologetics on quite a few ex-catholic people. You see, we know your wrong because we no longer have to hide the fact that the Roman Catholic Church is stuck in it's own lies that don't make sense. We no longer have to just try and work out the incongruous inconsistencies of medieval syncrotism. Marion dogmas, purgatory, indulgences, sacraments that are tools to dispense grace from the great repository of Rome's magic grace bank. Papel infallibility, CCC 841, I could go on.
You see? You can't make some of the foolish crap in the CCC make any sense if you keep to the WHOLE word of God. Context will always trip up the Cardinals and bigwigs of the magisterium. We don't care what some hermit dreamed up. We don't care what Cardinal Fang decrees. Only God's Word matters because it's the gift of the Alpha and Omega. It's sufficient for all our needs. Nobody in the whole Roman Catholic Church can biblically explain where in the Bible it says you can keep making stuff up. There isn't any. Peter wasn't a Pope. Jesus’s brother James was the leader of the early church in Jerusalem. Peter's ministry was to the Jewish people. Also Mary had kids! Lots of kids. If Joseph had not ever consummated the marriage, the marriage would have not been valid.
We don't have to hide any longer. You might be in a tough situation where you can't deal with rejection of everything you have been fed. We understand. It's not easy to shed the scales off your eyes. It will cost you something. Your making a bad decision if you stay in Rome.
If you don't leave and we all go in the rapture, just don't take the mark, stand for Christ and hold on to your hat.

Good luck

Jeff

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
All one needs to do is see how difficult the RCC makes salvation. The RCC is a cult. The pope is a cult leader. Take a look at the RCC salvation "salvation map" here and ask yourself why anyone would go through all these hoops to be saved? It's because the RCC wants people held in bondage to them.

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman-catholicism/the-roman-catholic-salvation-plan/

salvation4.jpg

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
All one needs to do is see how difficult the RCC makes salvation. The RCC is a cult. The pope is a cult leader. Take a look at the RCC salvation "salvation map" here and ask yourself why anyone would go through all these hoops to be saved? It's because the RCC wants people held in bondage to them.

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman-catholicism/the-roman-catholic-salvation-plan/

salvation4.jpg
Thanks Chris for posting this explains in full :thumbup :thumbupdetail about this false teaching church. I hope this helps people to see the truth so they will not be deceived any more. Whom the son sets free is free indeed! :amen

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, “Who do people say that the Son of Man is?”

14 “Well,” they replied, “some say John the Baptist, some say Elijah, and others say Jeremiah or one of the other prophets.”

15 Then he asked them, “But who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “You are blessed, Simon son of John, because my Father in heaven has revealed this to you. You did not learn this from any human being. 18 Now I say to you that you are Peter (which means ‘rock’), and upon this rock I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven. Whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.”

Matthew 16: 13-19

As I understand it the name Peter in Greek means little rock, whereas when Jesus used the actual word "rock" he used a term indicating a massive rock, a foundational rock, like the Rock of Gibraltar. Jesus was using a play on words to indicate that Peter was part of how Jesus would build his Church, one little rock at a time on the great foundation of the Gospel that Peter just shared. When Jesus said that upon 'this rock' He would build His church, the "this" He's referring to is the "this" that the Father in heaven revealed to Peter....which is, that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of the living God.

This is in line with other scripture where it speaks of believers being God's Holy Temple:

You are coming to Christ, who is the living cornerstone of God’s temple. He was rejected by people, but he was chosen by God for great honor.

And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple.......

1 Peter 2:4-5

Paul also spoke about the great caution to only build on a good foundation:

Because of God’s grace to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have—Jesus Christ.

Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials—gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay, or straw.

1 Cor 3:10-12

It seems that all churches need to have the good foundation laid first which is Jesus Christ is the Messiah and those who repent and place faith in Him will be saved. Period. Jesus did all the work for us, we just need to trust Him. :)

Set free 47

You do have to admit though that Jesus changed Simon’s name to Peter and the name Peter means Rock or Stone. Just Sayin!
The two Greek terms for "Rock" for Jesus-Petra, and then Peter petros. Jesus is saying then that upon the big rock Petra Himself And God will use the little rock Peter petros. Jesus does not promise to build His church upon Peter, but upon Himself, as Peter is himself is careful to tell us. (1 Peter2:4-9)

Set free 47

Of course it’s from Jesus and not anybody else. All Catholics know that. Jesus died on the Cross for our Sins. The Sacrements are just tools given to us from God to help us be better people. All the Churches which were started by Apostles have Confession. The Ethiopian, Armenian, Greek Orthodox, Byzantine and the Roman as well as others which I can’t remember all the names.
This is not what the RCC insists on. They have a whole list of things that they call "mortal sins" that will send you to hell if you do not use their sacrament of confession. You have to go to confession if you commit a mortal sin such as, if you do not go to mass without a good reason, if you don't take their communion at least once a year, the list goes on and on.... They may say Christ died to save us, but then they add a whole list of other things like works to faith. They teach that you loose all your grace before God when you commit a serious sin and that grace can only be regained through confession to a priest.

You list all these institutions as churches, but the true church is not some institution, it is the spiritual body of all believers in Christ who died and rose to give us eternal life. Trusting in some institution and its rules does not give eternal life: only trusting in the Lord Jeus Christ' saving work gives the gift of eternal life.
The Bible is the final authority from God's word, not traditions.

Seashell, if you have never received the gift of forgiveness of all your sins of you entire life and the gift of eternal life that you can never loose all you have to do is believe that Christ died for all you sins on the cross and was buried and He was raised from the dead. That means you salvation is completed and accepted by God. Christ did it all for you. All you have to do is accept by faith what Christ alone has done to save you and you receive eternal life. It is that simple.

Last edited:
Back