"Rat Apocalypse" Plague Of Millions Australia

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Parliament House in Canberra is just full of wickedness hey bro!
We rarely watch much tv news to be honest...but we're tuning in the other night for the flood updates.
My dh was pointing out to our eldest daughter " and these are the people leading our country"....it's just woeful.

Thankfully we've only had 200mm of rain since last Thursday. It's been mainly steady light stuff.
Super helpful for our pastures and plants...not the damaging amounts recorded elsewhere.... and no mice or rat plague thus far.
It has certainly been a trying 18months for many Aussies...but nothing unusual for what this country usually contends with.
More that is has been one after the other with very little respite in between.
Not that Aussies are coming to repentance over it all...
In fact, most remain mockers and scoffers.

All Very quick to support climate change, covid scare-demics, gender equality/ fluidity etc though.

Sigh....Come Lord Jesus!

Is the rain increasing more towards your way now ?

Thankfully we have a bit of respite as the sun is out .

When i looked at the Bureau of Meteorology rain radar 2 days ago it was freaky , the whole east coast was covered in a rainband and it was almost a cyclonic motion on the radar map.

I had my worse athletics season ever, i prayed to the Lord to give me a sign whether i should try and continue competing for the remainder of the season by letting the rain go away but the rain got heavier so i took that as an emphatic no LOL.

I'm with you , i get my news from RR website news feed and just glance over main headlines on news.com although that website barely resembles anything that would look newsworthy these days.

Personally i'm praying for a passover rapture if possible but kinda also getting the feelin too that the Lord is probably going to tarry wishing none would perish which is kinda understandable.

hopefilled

Is the rain increasing more towards your way now ?

Thankfully we have a bit of respite as the sun is out .

When i looked at the Bureau of Meteorology rain radar 2 days ago it was freaky , the whole east coast was covered in a rainband and it was almost a cyclonic motion on the radar map.

I had my worse athletics season ever, i prayed to the Lord to give me a sign whether i should try and continue competing for the remainder of the season by letting the rain go away but the rain got heavier so i took that as an emphatic no LOL.

I'm with you , i get my news from RR website news feed and just glance over main headlines on news.com although that website barely resembles anything that would look newsworthy these days.

Personally i'm praying for a passover rapture if possible but kinda also getting the feelin too that the Lord is probably going to tarry wishing none would perish which is kinda understandable.
The rain has eased now and we also have sun! Yay!
Sorry you've had a tough season of Athletics mate - it's not been easy at all - the last 12 months and all.
Sometimes I find it can be difficult as we see the stage being set - to continue planning out our future and setting goals to chase down.
For many of us believers - we are growing dissatisfied with the world and the direction it's heading.
We naturally long for our real homeland and the reign of Christ.
And yet - we are here as you say....knowing that the Father is being patient and merciful for those still lost in sin.
We are kinda being detached from the world - but still living in it.
I know the mixed feelings I have over such matters.
There is much we are all doing which will pass away, no matter how good and " wholesome" the activity.
I pray that God strengthens you for what tasks He has in mind for you during this time.
May He guide you clearly.
I know if you are seeking His will, He will guide you and enable you to walk in it...and it will be a blessing.
He made you fast and strong brother and His Spirit is guiding you and maturing you in faith - I'm sure He will use you for awesome stuff!
May His peace be upon you!
P.S. Come Lord Jesus!

NewWine2020

"Rat Apocalypse" Plague Of Millions Australia
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...s-mice-rats-invade-rural-towns-Australia.html

Australia is hit by 'biblical' rodent plague: Millions of mice and rats invade rural towns with one supermarket catching 500 a NIGHT, hospital patients bitten and fears poisoned carcasses could infect drinking water
Millions of mice have been infesting towns in New South Wales and southern Queensland in Australia
Experts claim that the plague is due to the recent heavy summer rains that hit across eastern Australia
This month three hospital patients bitten by the creatures in Tottenham, Walgett and Gulargambone
By

The thought of hospital patients being exposed to/bitten by rats is absolutely horrifying and disgusting.

MyhopeisinHim

Parliament House in Canberra is just full of wickedness hey bro!
We rarely watch much tv news to be honest...but we're tuning in the other night for the flood updates.
My dh was pointing out to our eldest daughter " and these are the people leading our country"....it's just woeful.

Thankfully we've only had 200mm of rain since last Thursday. It's been mainly steady light stuff.
Super helpful for our pastures and plants...not the damaging amounts recorded elsewhere.... and no mice or rat plague thus far.
It has certainly been a trying 18months for many Aussies...but nothing unusual for what this country usually contends with.
More that is has been one after the other with very little respite in between.
Not that Aussies are coming to repentance over it all...
In fact, most remain mockers and scoffers.

All Very quick to support climate change, covid scare-demics, gender equality/ fluidity etc though.

Sigh....Come Lord Jesus!
Yes come Lord, come!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Hey Any Entrepreneurs! I just had a thought. Cats catch and eat rats and mice. If there are so many rats, why not turn them into a packaged cat food. The only downside- they probably would need to be brought in alive though to make sure none were killed by poison.

We've got way more cats than we need in the USA... maybe we could send a hundred million or so of cats to Australia and let them feast to their hearts content.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
As long as you guys take all those pussy cats back upon completion!
We have way too many feral cats here already - munching their way through our native animals..:cry

I was hoping you all would want to keep them... or maybe there would be natural predators to control the population after they take care of the rats... but I guess that's not the case. I guess kangaroos and wallabies aren't in a position to help, given their diets.

Son of the Rock

This was why God created cats. In the old days we used to have 'town cats', they didn't seem to belong to anyone, but we all fed 'em. Now the micro-managers on town boards eliminate them, with mice and rats proliferating. D-Con and warfarin products are often bannned in areas, and cats and warfarin are the only things that will defeat them.