Rashida Tlaib: ‘I Don’t Think’ Everyone Can Be Rehabilitated, Continues to Support Abolishing Federal Prisons

Lovin Jesus

Far-left “Squad” member Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) on Monday attempted to explain her controversial opinion on emptying out federal prisons following her longtime support of the BREATHE Act, which has the goal of closing all federal prisons, admitting that not everyone can be rehabilitated.

Tlaib made the admission during an interview with Axios reporter Jonathan Swan, who asked her about her support of the BREATHE Act, which the lawmaker formerly described as a “new version for public safety — a new vision for public safety, one that protects and affirms black lives

The act specifically provides a “roadmap for prison abolition.”

The bill itself:

"…would eliminate federal programs and agencies used to finance and expand the U.S. criminal-legal system, such as the Department of Defense 1033 program, the Edward Byrne-Justice Assistance Grant Program, Community Oriented Policing Services, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and Immigration and and Customs Enforcement."

Read further:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...tinues-to-support-abolishing-federal-prisons/

Lovin Jesus

What is so stupid about these mindless people who want social justice for offenders while victims get no justice is while they call to defund the police and abolish the prison system they use taxpayer money to get their own personal private armed security for their protection. As one of the Congress women said about this, she has to do that so she can be kept protected so she can fight for her constituents in Congress.
Years ago when I would read the signs of the last days that Jesus gave to his disciples when I read that because there would be an increase in lawlessness the live of most would grow cold, I didn't have as clear an understanding on that until the last couple of years that lawlessness has become rampant. The lawlessness has become pretty much acceptable by the left and normalized that it's likened to becoming cold because people have become desensitized to it like they just don't care. It's part of their "new normal" their "re-imagined" justice.
Despicable.

Shannon70

I beleive her goal is to destroy America from within.... and then bring on sharia law as the law of the land. I have read that the goal is to bring on the worldwide caliphate in order for their mahdi to come back and reign the world.

TimeWarpWife

I also saw a bit of the interview and the woman is a raving lunatic. She nonchalantly talked about letting murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and every other sort of hardened criminals out of prison and back into a mostly vulnerable society like she's discussing some kind of dinner party she's planning. :faint2And the reason she can do this is because, like all rich elitists, it will never affect her, never come close to her gated community, and she'll be protected by armed security. People like her are just plain evil, they see the middle, working, and poor classes as nothing but peasants who are beneath contempt as far as they're concerned, and our only purpose is to serve them and do as we're told. :furious

jab777

I also saw a bit of the interview and the woman is a raving lunatic. She nonchalantly talked about letting murderers, rapists, pedophiles, and every other sort of hardened criminals out of prison and back into a mostly vulnerable society like she's discussing some kind of dinner party she's planning. :faint2And the reason she can do this is because, like all rich elitists, it will never affect her, never come close to her gated community, and she'll be protected by armed security. People like her are just plain evil, they see the middle, working, and poor classes as nothing but peasants who are beneath contempt as far as they're concerned, and our only purpose is to serve them and do as we're told. :furious
As my late father was fond of saying, “there is no call to be that dang dumb.”

Batman

She's a domestic enemy of the most extreme kind......but the typical Dem will align with her and the others of her ilk b/c they put politics and certain or many pet projects or ideals in front of what is right and best for America; let alone what is Biblical. They are all in it together and cannot be trusted.

Bethlehem57

Far-left “Squad” member Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-MI) on Monday attempted to explain her controversial opinion on emptying out federal prisons following her longtime support of the BREATHE Act, which has the goal of closing all federal prisons, admitting that not everyone can be rehabilitated.

Tlaib made the admission during an interview with Axios reporter Jonathan Swan, who asked her about her support of the BREATHE Act, which the lawmaker formerly described as a “new version for public safety — a new vision for public safety, one that protects and affirms black lives

The act specifically provides a “roadmap for prison abolition.”

The bill itself:

"…would eliminate federal programs and agencies used to finance and expand the U.S. criminal-legal system, such as the Department of Defense 1033 program, the Edward Byrne-Justice Assistance Grant Program, Community Oriented Policing Services, the Drug Enforcement Administration, and Immigration and and Customs Enforcement."

Read further:
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...tinues-to-support-abolishing-federal-prisons/
How do these people get elected? This woman and her squad have ZERO common sense, not to mention no ability to hold the office they are in!