Rare 'Super Blood Wolf Moon' to Appear in Skies Sunday Night - a Sign in the Heavens?

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
A rare lunar eclipse entitled the "Super Blood Wolf Moon" will appear across the world, including the US, this Sunday.

According to NASA, The event will last about four hours, beginning at 9:36 pm ET Sunday, Jan. 20 and ending about 1:50 am ET Monday, Jan. 21. The beginning of the total eclipse phase starts at 11:41 pm ET, lasting 62 minutes.

According to CBS News, the unusual name for this lunar eclipse comes from the three events happening at once:

"Super Moon" - a full moon that appears bigger than normal because it's at its closest point to Earth during its orbit.

"Wolf Moon" - a Native American term used to describe the first full moon of the year.

"Blood Moon" - the moon appears to be reddish in color during a total lunar eclipse as the sun, Earth and moon all line up.

In recent years, a number of blood moons have captured global attention, causing some to speculate about a possible connection to prophecy and the End Times. Many Christians believe scripture indicates a Blood Moon is a sign from God regarding the return of Christ.

Scriptures below are used to support the claim:

Joel 2:31, "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."

Acts 2:20, "The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come."

Revelations 6:12, "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;"

For the whole article: http://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2019...r-in-skies-sunday-night-a-sign-in-the-heavens

Jonathan

I just got back inside (It is BAD out there (cold)). It's 11:22 and the moon is a perfect crescent. Quite beautiful really. I think I am going to convert to Islam. KIDDING!

But seriously... it is a sight to see. Unfortunately, despite having a decent camera phone, it is impossible to take a picture that does it justice.

It hasn't turned "blood" yet. I think that will happen in the next 30 minutes or so.

At least it is a clear night.

athenasius

George and I saw it. It was all brownish red anyway with no bright bits by 9;30 pm Pacific or so, and for once it was a nice clear night. We've missed some fun astronomy stuff and moons etc due to bad weather in the past, but this was so crystal clear I was able to make out a lot of the lunar landscape with binoculars. It was beautiful to watch.

But what I thought of as I gazed up, was how on earth the Blood Moon False Prophet crowd can equate this with that terrifying passage in Joel 2:31? That is a description of the 6th Seal Judgement of Revelation and the moon becoming as blood is a terrifying thing.

A "blood" moon, even a super duper extra special wolf blood moon with extra nuts and sprinkles and a swirl of caramel glaze IS NOT TERRIFYING.

It is lovely. It is NOT the sort of thing to cause anyone to quiver and quake unless they are extra super duper superstitious and a follower of false prophets who use these astronomical events as ways to make money by scaring the ignorant and scriptural illiterates.

Joel is describing something far greater in magnitude. That will be something that the kings of the earth and the leaders will definitely realize is the Judgement of God and of the Lamb. Those are hardened people who have seen many a blood moon come and go in the past, seen pictures, videos, heard science lectures etc. NOT easily shaken.

Whatever Joel describes is something that taken together with the sun going black, the moon becoming as blood and the whole earth shaken to the point of entire mountains and islands being moved out of their places. The stars of the sky fall to earth and the sky splits apart like a scroll being rolled up. That sends the kings and great men, commanders, rich and strong, slave and free to hide in caves and rocks of the mountains, begging their rocky hiding places to fall in on them and hide them from the presence of Him who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb.

As I looked up I thought about how beautiful a phenomena it was, and how un-scary and completely lovely. If anything it teaches us of God's order that he placed into the orbit of the moon around the earth, that such things are predictable, just as the tides and the seasons. By God's grace and mercy we have a planet that proceeds on it's orbit around the sun, with the moon swinging along for the ride in a completely orderly and predictable pattern.

Till God disrupts that pattern that the sinners have grown so accustomed to. Sinners that feel secure in their imaginings that things will continue as they always have, that God has nothing much to do with any of it, and they can happily count on the "cosmos" as Carl Sagan used to say, being all that is and ever was or will be.

Till that day. When God shows them the error of Carl Sagan and "science" falsely so called. In THAT day, the moon as blood will be one of a set terrifying indicators of sudden change.

But right now, a blood moon is a beautiful indication of God's grace and mercy. He sends the rain on the just and the unjust alike, and allows the godless and the godly to live in His creation and enjoy His design.