Rapture question

InsuranceGuy

I was having a late night Bible conversation last night. The question came up about children and the Rapture and whether they will be Snatched away too. I had always been taught they would, but the person I was having the conversation with strongly disagreed.

Their reasoning is the Bible simply does not say they will go and that the Bible would have likely mentioned hundreds of millions of kids missing as it surely would have an effect on the End Times. Enough so to be mentioned.

I dont know enough to have come back with scriptural proof kids will be taken. Is there any, or do we believe that those under the age of accountability because they go to Heaven if they die prior to that age? The person pointed out several times the kids aren't dying, so I wasnt able to make a case for this.

What do you say? I was convinced they all go, but it is difficult to explain why i believe it.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I don't think we can find scriptural proof, but there in enough scripture to at least hope that those youngin's who are of the age of innocence will be Raptured.

Some say they most certainly will be based on their scriptural knowledge. I don't agree with that but I hope they're right. I hope the children go with us and there are enough hints in scripture that I think there's a good chance they will. I just can't personally say that they will for sure and for certain.

Last edited:

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
Not sure if there is any direct scriptural proof to back up the fact that all children will go up with us in the rapture. I do however believe that they will. Now I very strongly believe that the young children of Christians will go up with us in the rapture. Anytime God saved a group of people who trusted in him, he also saved their children whether the children were trusting in God or not.

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
Not sure if there is any direct scriptural proof to back up the fact that all children will go up with us in the rapture. I do however believe that they will. Now I very strongly believe that the young children of Christians will go up with us in the rapture. Anytime God saved a group of people who trusted in him, he also saved their children whether the children were trusting in God or not.
Correct. 1 Cor.7:14

InsuranceGuy

This was the best I could come up with last night, that at the least children of believers went up too. As much as I want to think all children go in the Rapture, now I'm a bit back and forth on it. When I argued that they all went, the reply was pretty to the point. "Why would they all go? They aren't dead, so where does the Bible say they would automatically go with those truly saved?" That's more difficult to answer than it seems at first glance.

My favorite part of talking about the bible is when someone asks a question that makes me think. It makes the Bible fun and more challenging.

InsuranceGuy

Matt 19:14 Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

That's a great verse, and thank you for posting it, but it doesn't say they will be Raptured. I keep looking for something definitive as my friend is coming over tomorrow. I'm certain we will get on this topic again. When I weigh the sides of the argument, I'm lost. lol. Maybe i should avoid the topic as i don't know that there is any evidence either way. Whenever i say "The Bible is silent on some topics", I come off looking like I don't know anything, so that doesn't work well either. It's a tough question.

Normally I avoid anything that isn't a salvation issue, but I can see my friend's point in that there isn't anything stating one way over the other, it just sort of depends on personal belief. I'll go check out the newest memes so I don't have to think about it after midnight!

WaitingForTheTrumpet

That's a great verse, and thank you for posting it, but it doesn't say they will be Raptured. I keep looking for something definitive as my friend is coming over tomorrow. I'm certain we will get on this topic again. When I weigh the sides of the argument, I'm lost. lol. Maybe i should avoid the topic as i don't know that there is any evidence either way. Whenever i say "The Bible is silent on some topics", I come off looking like I don't know anything, so that doesn't work well either. It's a tough question.

Normally I avoid anything that isn't a salvation issue, but I can see my friend's point in that there isn't anything stating one way over the other, it just sort of depends on personal belief. I'll go check out the newest memes so I don't have to think about it after midnight!
Jesus didn't talk about the Rapture. It was a "mystery" to be revealed after His resurrection. But He did say that the Kingdom of Heaven will belong to those such as children.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member

Perhaps this will help?

https://gracethrufaith.com/?s=children+rapture

mattfivefour

If Matthew 19:14 be true (which, if course, it is) then would the Christ of the Bible leave the little ones to fend for themselves as the WRATH of Almighty God is poured out on them?

Your friend's argument is foolish. By the logic he uses, the fact that tens of millions of little children would be left behind would surely be mentioned, too. After all, if their.mass disappearance would be mentioned if it true, then surely their mass orphaning would be mentioned if true. He is guilty of flawed logic.

GEOINTAnalyst

The one passage that seems to identify with this topic more than any other is 2 Samuel 12:21–23. The context of these verses is that King David committed adultery with Bathsheba, with a resulting pregnancy. The prophet Nathan was sent by the Lord to inform David that, because of his sin, the Lord would take the child in death. David responded to this by grieving and praying for the child. But once the child was taken (died), David’s mourning ended. David’s servants were surprised to hear this. They said to King David, “What is this thing that you have done? While the child was alive, you fasted and wept; but when the child died, you arose and ate food.” David’s response was, “While the child was still alive, I fasted and wept; for I said, ‘Who knows, the LORD may be gracious to me, that the child may live.’ But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.” David’s response indicates that those who cannot believe are safe in the Lord. This would also seem to hold true for the mentally handicapped who cannot discern the difference. Jewish tradition holds that age to be 13 “age of accountability”, but there is no Scripture for this, each child varies so would the age of accountability.

Back