Rapture is excuse leading to Mark of Beast?

Batfan7

Okay, pure speculation, but I was wondering the whole "people chipped" Mark of the beast idea and why the world might go along with that plan. After all, there are a ton of non-Biblical reasons a person might refuse to get chipped (gross out factor of becoming a cyborg, privacy issues, etc.) So, my thought was that after the rapture, the disruption of communication means many people can't figure out if their loved ones are around still or not. There will be perhaps months of figuring out who is left and who is gone. And there is a HUGE increase in Identity theft and fraud. All those missing people left all their IDs and credit cards (etc.) behind for just anyone to pick up.

So, the government says "You don't want to experience that kind of heartache again, right? You don't want your Uncle Bob to have his life stolen by an evil thief, just because he's been kidnapped by aliens, right? So trust us and get chipped!"

I can totally see that happening!

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The Rapture will occur at least 3 1/2 years and maybe longer before the implementation of the Mark of the Beast. The antichrist will be ruling the world, a very chaotic world due to 1) God's Judgments, 2) Very fallen state of man, and 3) Satan is at the helm. The antichrist won't need an excuse, it will be a mandate. Accept the MOB and worship the Beast or die. Most won't have to be asked twice, and many will happily wait in line for the Mark, and they'll be content to worship the Beast.

Andy C

Okay, pure speculation, but I was wondering the whole "people chipped" Mark of the beast idea and why the world might go along with that plan. After all, there are a ton of non-Biblical reasons a person might refuse to get chipped (gross out factor of becoming a cyborg, privacy issues, etc.) So, my thought was that after the rapture, the disruption of communication means many people can't figure out if their loved ones are around still or not. There will be perhaps months of figuring out who is left and who is gone. And there is a HUGE increase in Identity theft and fraud. All those missing people left all their IDs and credit cards (etc.) behind for just anyone to pick up.

So, the government says "You don't want to experience that kind of heartache again, right? You don't want your Uncle Bob to have his life stolen by an evil thief, just because he's been kidnapped by aliens, right? So trust us and get chipped!"

I can totally see that happening!
Possible.

We know the MOB (Revelation 13), will take place in the middle of the 7 year tribulation. Your scenario. could easily happen right after the rapture, with stolen identities and rampant fraud. But, we dont know how long if any there is a gap between the rapture, and the start of the trib. By the time the MOB is demanded on all who are left on earth, we have no way of knowing what type of mark it will be other than it will be on the hands or forehead. Its easy for us to assume it will be some type of implanted chip, but the beast will have special powers, so the MOB could be some type of technology we have never seen before.

No matter what lie folks believe, or what technology is used, Im glad the church will be long gone, and I pray our loved ones left behind remember what we told them about the MOB. We all have unsaved family members, and no doubt we have witnessed to them. Unfortunately many have the mentality of “I will believe it when I see it”. For those, IMO, the most important words we can implant in their brain is “Dont take the MOB” and why. By refusing the MOB, chances are many will die, but the death is not for eternity. We will see them again.

Andy C

The Rapture will occur at least 3 1/2 years and maybe longer before the implementation of the Mark of the Beast. The antichrist will be ruling the world, a very chaotic world due to 1) God's Judgments, 2) Very fallen state of man, and 3) Satan is at the helm. The antichrist won't need an excuse, it will be a mandate. Accept the MOB and worship the Beast or die. Most won't have to be asked twice, and many will happily wait in line for the Mark, and they'll be content to worship the Beast.
I was typing my post when you posted your comments so sorry for some overlap.

Andy C

Matthew 24-24 Rev 13:15-18 All glory to GOD for HIS true holy WORD!! Praise HIM AMEN
Amen. Terrible times during the tribulation. False teachers will be everywhere, just like there are now, only more so.

Matthew 24:

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.