Rapture Forum Thread

Channah

For many years when I would google Rapture Forum it would be at the top. Now it’s 4 or 5 down. Now when I google Rapture Forums the Library of Congress about Rapture Forum is the top list. This is insane. What company or website has the Library of Congress about it’s company at the top of the list? Yes I believe Christian websites are slowly being marginalized. Think about that. I wish I could post a picture to show it.

JSTyler

It's only going to get worse until we clean our houses.. The "church" in the US keeps capitulating to the powers that be in too many ways to list. Our dependency on smart devices and the zombiefied, ridiculous addiction to social media (not this forum, I'm pointing at big tech) is at the core of what's going on.

How widespread would the blasphemous "christian churches/leaders/organizations" kneeling before a terrorist organization and evil sjw cause have been if they hadn't willing enslaved themselves to the hive-mind of idolatrous social media? How many christian parents and grandparents have sacrificed the future privacy of their "precious" little ones on that same brass alter?

It's wicked idolatry pure and simple. It's baal, remphan and moloch worship, but juuuuuuust gentrified enough to make it "okay".

I hear and read, "Bu-bu-but I NEED F-B and tweetter and (-------) to communicate with my friends and family!!!!!!!" And every time that's stated, it's a lie. It's very convenient no doubt, it's free and easy until it isn't. I'm certainly not as old as many of you seasoned folk but I remember having lots of contact with friends and family long before there was mass, electronic communication beyond the rotary dial phone.

Aaaaand strike up my favorite drum beat. Every thing you (this is the proverbial "you") do on social media is monitored, recorded, collated, categorized, monetized and worst of all, in temporal terms, forever. We feed the beasts that desire our destruction for idolatry's sake and then complain when they follow through.

Anecdotally speaking, I've not been on any social media beside this forum and one other, one directed at collectors of a few specific interests and I keep in regular contact with all of the important folks in my life and that's without texting. This doesn't make me special, it does however give me an interesting perspective...now if only I could figure out how to monetize it or convert it into a molten image of something to put my trust in.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
It's only going to get worse until we clean our houses.. The "church" in the US keeps capitulating to the powers that be in too many ways to list. Our dependency on smart devices and the zombiefied, ridiculous addiction to social media (not this forum, I'm pointing at big tech) is at the core of what's going on.

How widespread would the blasphemous "christian churches/leaders/organizations" kneeling before a terrorist organization and evil sjw cause have been if they hadn't willing enslaved themselves to the hive-mind of idolatrous social media? How many christian parents and grandparents have sacrificed the future privacy of their "precious" little ones on that same brass alter?

It's wicked idolatry pure and simple. It's baal, remphan and moloch worship, but juuuuuuust gentrified enough to make it "okay".

I hear and read, "Bu-bu-but I NEED F-B and tweetter and (-------) to communicate with my friends and family!!!!!!!" And every time that's stated, it's a lie. It's very convenient no doubt, it's free and easy until it isn't. I'm certainly not as old as many of you seasoned folk but I remember having lots of contact with friends and family long before there was mass, electronic communication beyond the rotary dial phone.

Aaaaand strike up my favorite drum beat. Every thing you (this is the proverbial "you") do on social media is monitored, recorded, collated, categorized, monetized and worst of all, in temporal terms, forever. We feed the beasts that desire our destruction for idolatry's sake and then complain when they follow through.

Anecdotally speaking, I've not been on any social media beside this forum and one other, one directed at collectors of a few specific interests and I keep in regular contact with all of the important folks in my life and that's without texting. This doesn't make me special, it does however give me an interesting perspective...now if only I could figure out how to monetize it or convert it into a molten image of something to put my trust in.
I feel if I didn't have a cell phone I'd hear less from my child. It's bad enough she doesn't always respond to my texts...hello... anyone there? Forget a phone call, she's too busy or, "mom, can I call you back"... and never does.

JSTyler

I feel if I didn't have a cell phone I'd hear less from my child. It's bad enough she doesn't always respond to my texts...hello... anyone there? Forget a phone call, she's too busy or, "mom, can I call you back"... and never does.
I owe you an apology! Sorry! And I'll throw in some explanation that may clear up the water I muddied, ta'boot.

I have a cell phone too! I've had one since they became available and before that I had a consumer grade sat-phone; 50 dollars a month to rent, 99 cents per minute, no contract. It worked better than any cell phone or service I've had since. I think cell phones are amazing tools and very convenient devices that have greatly improved our lives and added a layer of security that we wouldn't otherwise enjoy. They do come with the caveat that we sacrifice too much privacy IF we aren't vigilant with our usage of them.

My stump-standing gripes are aimed squarely at social media in their current iterations. Again, I am very sorry if my rant offended you or came across as hurtful to you in any way. Cell phones are simply a tool that can be used as a conduit for good or bad. I tend to view mine as an extension of my tongue, reference James 3:6. That makes every usage of it something to be seriously considered.

I can't quite get past my hang-ups with social media however, not insomuch that I'm able to view it the same way. Maybe it's a sinful weakness in my character that God is working on? I analogize social media more as an extension of the heart...a very dangerous one. Why do we see so many Christian people, typically wonderful, merciful, sweet-natured people spewing out bitterness all over the web on it? My presumption is that there's the illusion of privacy and safety whilst sitting in your own safe space and rapping away at the keys. We allow others to peak into our heart of hearts in a way that we wouldn't otherwise, not if we understood that those vicarious others were potentially every connected human on earth. Oh and, no self delusion here, I'm certainly guilty as charged if my prior post wasn't seasoned with grace. That post for all intents and purposes, is forever too.

We have family coming over today. Just a few, there aren't many left, and they are in the same predicament that you are. In their case, it's their rotten kids that will not spare a single snippet of communication with them if it isn't at their behest; via little glass screens powered by electrons and about as familial and cold as a wet garden stone.

We've lost the cultural war. We've cried uncle in the spiritual warfare. And we were bloodlessly defeated by our own actions and responses to the "In Screen We Trust" generations that have sprung from us. Big Tech and their insipid social media offerings, in my moronic opinion has been the prime mover in all of it. Not the physical tools, like cell phones, communications infrastructure, PCs, etcetera, but by the quality and nature of the fruit that springs from that poisoned soil. Here at RF as an antonym to that concept, we're held accountable by our brothers and sisters in Christ, true modern day Bereans and it's more often than not seasoned with God's Word. Ain't that grand!

I have a simple, two stage question for everyone. By and large, has social media drawn society together and improved the quality of life or has it done the opposite? Can we determine that value and quality of social media by the preponderance of its fruit?

By the way @Cindy S. I want to hug that dog in your avatar as tight as possible, feel it's fur between my fingers, bury my nose it in that same fur and inhale that fantastic doggy fragrance with every cell of my being. I've been missing my fur-babys something awful lately.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I owe you an apology! Sorry! And I'll throw in some explanation that may clear up the water I muddied, ta'boot.

I have a cell phone too! I've had one since they became available and before that I had a consumer grade sat-phone; 50 dollars a month to rent, 99 cents per minute, no contract. It worked better than any cell phone or service I've had since. I think cell phones are amazing tools and very convenient devices that have greatly improved our lives and added a layer of security that we wouldn't otherwise enjoy. They do come with the caveat that we sacrifice too much privacy IF we aren't vigilant with our usage of them.

My stump-standing gripes are aimed squarely at social media in their current iterations. Again, I am very sorry if my rant offended you or came across as hurtful to you in any way. Cell phones are simply a tool that can be used as a conduit for good or bad. I tend to view mine as an extension of my tongue, reference James 3:6. That makes every usage of it something to be seriously considered.

I can't quite get past my hang-ups with social media however, not insomuch that I'm able to view it the same way. Maybe it's a sinful weakness in my character that God is working on? I analogize social media more as an extension of the heart...a very dangerous one. Why do we see so many Christian people, typically wonderful, merciful, sweet-natured people spewing out bitterness all over the web on it? My presumption is that there's the illusion of privacy and safety whilst sitting in your own safe space and rapping away at the keys. We allow others to peak into our heart of hearts in a way that we wouldn't otherwise, not if we understood that those vicarious others were potentially every connected human on earth. Oh and, no self delusion here, I'm certainly guilty as charged if my prior post wasn't seasoned with grace. That post for all intents and purposes, is forever too.

We have family coming over today. Just a few, there aren't many left, and they are in the same predicament that you are. In their case, it's their rotten kids that will not spare a single snippet of communication with them if it isn't at their behest; via little glass screens powered by electrons and about as familial and cold as a wet garden stone.

We've lost the cultural war. We've cried uncle in the spiritual warfare. And we were bloodlessly defeated by our own actions and responses to the "In Screen We Trust" generations that have sprung from us. Big Tech and their insipid social media offerings, in my moronic opinion has been the prime mover in all of it. Not the physical tools, like cell phones, communications infrastructure, PCs, etcetera, but by the quality and nature of the fruit that springs from that poisoned soil. Here at RF as an antonym to that concept, we're held accountable by our brothers and sisters in Christ, true modern day Bereans and it's more often than not seasoned with God's Word. Ain't that grand!

I have a simple, two stage question for everyone. By and large, has social media drawn society together and improved the quality of life or has it done the opposite? Can we determine that value and quality of social media by the preponderance of its fruit?

By the way @Cindy S. I want to hug that dog in your avatar as tight as possible, feel it's fur between my fingers, bury my nose it in that same fur and inhale that fantastic doggy fragrance with every cell of my being. I've been missing my fur-babys something awful lately.
You did not offend me in any way. Don't get me started about Facebook LOL. RF is my safe place, my church where believers gather. :hug

kathymendel

Facebook and other techs and texting. to me, are so shallow. No one goes deep into any topic, and I think it is undermining our society as a whole. Their is no understanding another's point of view, and no one "listens" cuz they are too busy spouting their view, which, to them, is the only right one. There is no longer loyalty to anyone else, especially family. And, kids using it to stay in touch with parents???? NO, not unless they are wanting something. I have children who hardly ever contact me unless they want to ask for the use of a timeshare week I might have available. And, they do that by email...........so no one else can see it........... never by a phone conversation. Sorry - rant off.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I noticed the other day when I did a search for the word "rapture" that Rapture Ready was not in the top 21 pages that they showed the results for. They have completely disappeared form the search rankings. We are still in the top 20 pages, but how long I don't know. There were lots of irrelevant websites that were showing on the first 7 pages of the SERPS. It's happening to all Christian and conservative websites. :sad

JSTyler

I noticed the other day when I did a search for the word "rapture" that Rapture Ready was not in the top 21 pages that they showed the results for. They have completely disappeared form the search rankings. We are still in the top 20 pages, but how long I don't know. There were lots of irrelevant websites that were showing on the first 7 pages of the SERPS. It's happening to all Christian and conservative websites. :sad
The next 5-6 months are ground zero for the remaining temporal freedoms and peace in the US and going forward is dependent on how the general election swings. Big media, big tech, entertainment, sports, much of corporate america and a tragically long list of "religious" organizations have reported in for duty and they are not the friends of freedom.

As we we see places like this being relegated to the "underground" of the web, we need to try and hold on to the idea that persecution, (and no question, the deceitful search results are persecution "lite"), will only strengthen and purify the real Church. The committed Christ followers will dig in deep , stay rooted, remain faithful and speak out, the rest will self-identify as shallow or barren soil dwellers.

If the current silencing and persecution of churches in the US continues, the same will happen...winnow and purify. I'm pretty excited about the idea of small groups and house churches becoming more the norm. I say that with mixed feelings, too. My early home life was a living hell but I do have fond memories of the times when we were embraced into and by a solid Bible loving church once Jesus Christ got a hold of my parents.

And thanks again @Chris for the effort and resources you've put in here.

DanLMP

Yet, even given all of that, and based solely on my anecdotal observation of the traffic on RF, there has been an explosion of new people joining and commenting on RF and a lot of legacy quieter members who have been commenting a lot more.

MilkyWay1

Just on google? When I search on my browser (DuckDuckGo), RR comes up first.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Eventually, the search engines will simply disable the links and/or put them so far down the list of search results, or simply not list them at all, so people won't be able to access certain websites.

This is why I have Multiple browsers and search engines on the computer and keep a list of IP addresses and complete URLs for the websites I care about most. Someday, the only way to some websites will be with work-arounds and having specific information on hand.

Wesbistes that could be important:

Church
Denomination
BibleGateway
RF
Other Christian websites
Bank
Social Security
Pension
Medicare
Medicare supplement
Medical insurance
Car insurance
Homeowner/renter insurance
Kids' schools
Local government
Newspaper
Local broadcast TV station
Employer
Library
Email
Various search engines and browsers

etc., etc., etc.

glc11

Follower of Christ. Devoted wife . Mom of 4.
hmmmmm.
It is 1:08 am West Coast time on 7/3/20, and I went to Google and I typed "Rapture Forums"
Came up as #1 (library of Congress was #2)

I typed "Rapture Ready"
Came up as #1